Farming trouble

Dogface
Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
Here's the situation. I have a max champ 3* Hulk, and a dupe at lvl 40 with a number of saved covers. So far, so good.

But, when I champed my dupe Moonstone I got one cover for Hulk and enough shards for 2 more covers. However, I can't apply those 2 covers from shards as saved covers. So, even though those covers don't go to waste, it's gonna take me much longer to get to 100 saved covers.

Why can't I use shards for saved covers??

Comments

• shinnaruto
    shinnaruto Posts: 60 Match Maker
    or just keep them on hand and say that you only need 98 covers.
    shards are covers when you eventually cash them.
  • Dogface
    OJSP said:
    Is it not better to have them separated? That way we could save 100 covers and 9999 shards? Why would you want to convert the shards to covers before you champion a dupe?
    Bc if I cannot convert the shards to saved covers, I need to get to 100 saved covers in another way, meaning it will take longer. 
    I think the most efficient way will be to champ the dupe, looking closely at the number of saved covers and the number of shards in a way that they result in a combined max champ.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    What’s the reason for holding yourself back with earning champion rewards as you go? I know some people use saved covers before they sell the max to ensure the dupe is championed first. But I’ve never heard anyone waiting for 100 saved covers.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    You can convert the shards to champ levels after you champ the character, the same way you do with the saved covers. Just wait until you have the equivalent of 100 champ levels between the shards and the saved covers together. 9000 shards plus 70 saved covers equals ready to max champ.
  • Dogface
    Pongie said:
    What’s the reason for holding yourself back with earning champion rewards as you go? I know some people use saved covers before they sell the max to ensure the dupe is championed first. But I’ve never heard anyone waiting for 100 saved covers.
    Simple, the lack of ISO prevents me from champing too early. With enough saved covers I can champ, max champ and sell with minimum losses in ISO.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dogface said:
    Pongie said:
    Simple, the lack of ISO prevents me from champing too early. With enough saved covers I can champ, max champ and sell with minimum losses in ISO.
    Can't you get enough iso to champ a three star in around 3 days?
  • Dogface
    120k in three days? I would need to keep track, but I don't think I'm reaching that.
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    pheregas said:
    Dogface said:
    Pongie said:
    Can't you get enough iso to champ a three star in around 3 days?
    can you explain how (or point to the corresponding thread in the tips section)? that seems like a crazy amount.  Granted, i'm a fairly casual player, but still ... 
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    I believe playing optimally on CL8+ on PVE and CL9 to 900 it is within range to get about 30k a day.  This also includes placement rewards.  Can't remember if it includes champ cascade rewards.

Casual is probably your "issue."  However, you play the game you want.  It's your own personal experience that matters most to you after all.  :)