MPQ Holiday Events - December 2019 (Updated 12/9/19)

Comments

• grumbLEGO
    grumbLEGO Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    bluewolf said:
    grumbLEGO said:
    Thursday 12/12

Events:

• Boss Event - Civil War

• Versus Soul Season start

• Standard season

• Same rewards and length as standard, some events will be double Iso-8

• Spiderham as top 4* reward

I kinda assumed this meant for the season there’d be a spider ham. Instead we got Rahne?

I fell like they didn't communicate it right, but you'll be able to get Spider-Ham from placement in "Reunions" and progression in his PVP which follows that.
    Yeah, I did see that. Just was hoping there’d be another one that wasn’t a color I had 5 of, but that makes the most sense. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,244 Chairperson of the Boards
    I started playing Naughty or Nice and discovered that you get Winter Wonderland tokens from the PVP in progression.  The WW vault closes in about 2 1/2 days so I assume that's the only place you can win them.

It would have been nice up front to tell people there would be an opportunity to win tokens from play....that question came up a lot when the vault opened.  I'm going to blame this on communication but it feels a bit underhanded since you could see someone (maybe) buying out the vault when it opened and now seeing that maybe they could have waited a little and got a few more pulls first if they wanted.

Communication, as we have very clearly seen this week, continues to be a major struggle for the game.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since we've now got Horse Thor in the game, I wonder if the second costume bundle will be a Cat Thor costume for Loki?
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:
    Since we've now got Horse Thor in the game, I wonder if the second costume bundle will be a Cat Thor costume for Loki?

A Ratatosk costume for Loki would be pretty cool, too.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:

Ratatoskr is a separate character though, so a costume doesn't feel appropriate. In contrast, Cat Thor only exists in Nancy's sketch book and Loki's impersonation.
  • Southside84
    Southside84 Posts: 93 Match Maker
    IceIX said:
    Hp costume bundle is a good looking deal
    It's an illusion. The character is probably Talos.
    I can say without a doubt that the character in question is not Talos.
    We should be able to out any costume on talos.  He's a skrull after all.  Who wouldn't want dapper dino Talos or old king Talos?
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:
    jamesh said:

Ratatoskr is a separate character though, so a costume doesn't feel appropriate. In contrast, Cat Thor only exists in Nancy's sketch book and Loki's impersonation.

Reasonable point. I still kind of want it, tho.
    Reecoh said:
    Southside84 said:

We should be able to out any costume on talos.  He's a skrull after all.  Who wouldn't want dapper dino Talos or old king Talos?
    Mystique too. A team up with those 2 could really confuse folks in PVP. "Why am I fighting 3 5* Thors?!"

I'm pretty sure I saw a screenshot from someone who managed to get them both morphed into Galactus at the same time. Getting both to match the third character would require the right match, but would be hilarious if someone pulled it off.
  • leoperez90
    leoperez90 Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Thor (endgame) would be nice! Fat and 2 hammers!!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards

• bluewolf
    Double iso DDQ started today, 12/19!

It would be nice to have this thread updated again. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hope there is more double iso in our future; I need to finish up this professor X
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Double iso would be lovely! I'm closing in on being able to champ Emma with 10 covers and the thought of spending all my Iso on her and having nothing left is horrible! She is but a means to an end! I need to level Cable!
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:
    Double iso would be lovely! I'm closing in on being able to champ Emma with 10 covers and the thought of spending all my Iso on her and having nothing left is horrible! She is but a means to an end! I need to level Cable!

Ummmm, Emma awards Kitty covers, not Cable. 4star Cyclops rewards Cable.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 764 Critical Contributor
    So when can we get the remaining 150 shards for peter porker ?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:

Ummmm, Emma awards Kitty covers, not Cable. 4star Cyclops rewards Cable.
    I know, you misread my post. I am chasing Emma because I need a yellow Kitty but in reality I don't really want to spend any iso on her (Emma) because she is terrible and I have a 13 cover Cable I could use it on instead. Sorry, probably my mangled attempt at English!
  • bluewolf
    @IceIX

Is it safe to assume that the festive celebration is over? No final special vault/store to end the year with?
    Ice is out already for the remainder of the year. 

I dunno what special thing you want to spend money on, but a second vault would be surprising at this point.  Usually you only get one.

Maybe there'll be another bundle yet for someone (no 5* costume holiday yet, save yer $74.99 for that) with a CP store.   Stay tuned.

We know there's some new one-a-day PVE thing tomorrow.

Maybe some double iso?  We can hope they provide an update tomorrow before everyone heads out for like 9 days.  Or just play the game since that's what you'd do either way.
  • bluewolf
    I forgot about that store.....I think I was a bit disappointed to see them charging a premium for draws there despite the fact that Latest weighting was just the design for so long.

I will be more than surprised if they somehow make up the HP or CP they removed from champ rewards.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Still no 5* covers offered in 12 Days of Marvel. For an event that takes place once a year, you'd think by now they could stretch to one cover. 

Looking at the Christmas schedule, its been another poor one. 
  • bluewolf
    edited December 2019
    Well, we have a Family Legends store up now for the next 13 days.  Has Prof X, JJ, and Beard Cap in it.  Also weights the following 4's at 42.5%:

Worthy
    Dazzler
    Gamora
    4Torch
    Cage
    Magik
    Medusa
    Prowler
    Riri
    Spidey 2099
    4Thanos
    Venom (not Agent)

Oh, and Pig shards in nodes for the 12 days event.