Gold Shards for covers you don’t have.....

fuzzy_cracks
fuzzy_cracks Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
A couple of days ago, I received 19 gold shards. I believe that was recently added to the character progression rewards. Now, the character progression that I championed, for the 3 stars, at certain levels has gone pass some of the gold shard level reward. Their were some gold shards that I received I did not have covers for.

What happens to the gold shards for characters covers I don’t have?

Also, I noticed that of the 19 gold shards that I received, it didn’t seem to get stored. One of them, for example, was a gold shard from 3 star beast for 4 star jubilee. I took a look at jubilee, and nothing. Still at zero. IDK...

Thought I’d just throw that out there if anybody else is experiencing this or even wondering. I hope MPQ can look into this and kinda figure things out.

Comments

• shinnaruto
    shinnaruto Posts: 60 Match Maker
    wow i have yet to see that issue.
    I wonder if you went under 'roster' and scrolled to the right to that character (which still should show, but transparent since you have no covers), then click on that character, if it would show your shards.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you go into the roster screen and find the greyed out version of the character you don't have, I believe it should list the shards you received. If you have enough shards to roster them, try clicking "stats and more" and scroll to the bottom to see if there is a button to roster them. It's not particularly discoverable, but it should be possible.
  • fuzzy_cracks
    I wonder if you went under 'roster' and scrolled to the right to that character (which still should show, but transparent since you have no covers), then click on that character, if it would show your shards.
    Guys, I did all that. Believe me, all of what you mentioned. With the new character screen layout, it’s really easy to read the stats and all. Especially where the shards are. 

It is shocking. It’s like getting coal for the holidays. 😂😂😂😂 I mean your hopes go up and like, yay!!! And then you check and nothing. Boooo.....😂😂😂

So hopefully somebody over at MPQ knows something about this or sees my post and looks into it. But thanks for the comments. Much appreciated. 

• jamesh
    For what it is worth, 19 is a weird number of shards to receive. Are you sure it wasn't something else?
    Champion rewards all seem to give out multiples of 5, and individual tokens give out either 3 or 15 yellow shards. It's not clear how you'd get to 19 with either of those sources.
  • fuzzy_cracks
    edited December 2019
    OJSP said:
    jamesh said:
    For what it is worth, 19 is a weird number of shards to receive. Are you sure it wasn't something else?
    Champion rewards all seem to give out multiples of 5, and individual tokens give out either 3 or 15 yellow shards. It's not clear how you'd get to 19 with either of those sources.
    I think they meant 19 batches of 4* shards. I got 73 rewards in total and 13 batches of 4* 100 shards.
    Yup, that’s what it was. 19 batches of 4 star gold shards. With each particular batch number containing a specific number of gold shards for each of the specific 4 star characters that it was specified for.
  • jamesh
    edited December 2019
    Okay, I think I missed what you were getting at in the initial post: it was about the batches of shards that are now marked off as received in the champion rewards tables, but weren't covered by the retroactive rewards handed out. In particular, those handed out by 3* character champion levels.
    No one else got those rewards either, and you're not the only one to find it confusing or unexpected. Apparently there is going to be a second round of retroactive shards coming today or tomorrow to make things right:
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,244 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:

No one else got those rewards either, and you're not the only one to find it confusing or unexpected. 
    Winner for the " 2019 MPQ Forummeys - Understatement of the Year".
  • fuzzy_cracks
    jamesh said:
    Okay, I think I missed what you were getting at in the initial post: it was about the batches of shards that are now marked off as received in the champion rewards tables, but weren't covered by the retroactive rewards handed out. In particular, those handed out by 3* character champion levels.
    No one else got those rewards either, and you're not the only one to find it confusing or unexpected. Apparently there is going to be a second round of retroactive shards coming today or tomorrow to make things right:
    Well, I believe they fixed it. Cause I got mine. 173 champion rewards. 3-4 star covers and 170 batches of gold shards. Hopefully everybody got theirs. If not, today’s update should have fixed the issue. But, if the issue for others continues, submit a ticket to customer support. I’m just glad mines came thru.