Should Gambit's red & purple "block" on Stacked Deck be removed?

JSP869
JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor

Should Gambit's red & purple "block" on Stacked Deck be removed? 17 votes

YES!!!
94%
KolenceT_REZ5000TaganovStranger DanJSP869Tony_FootDaredevil217JackDeath666AnoncrackninjaTPF AlexisIceyOneThaRoadWarriorKingart813IIAlonditeIIBuzzedLightbeer 16 votes
NO WAY!!!
0%
I don't care either way, I just wanted to be able to vote.
5%
OzarkBoatswain 1 vote

Comments

• JSP869
    YES!!!
    I got Gambit's 13th cover right before he was nerfed (the real nerf, not the fake nerf which was actually a buff). I leveled him enough to sell him for 13 5* tokens, got really lucky with the Okoye covers, and she became my first 5* Champion.
    Even though my replacement Gambit is only 1/2/-, I've never regretted my decision to sell my first Gambit.
    If the block is removed it will not make Gambit OP again, and he will not reclaim his crown as the undisputed King of PvP. He would still be a mid-tier 5* at best.
    IMO in Gambit's current state the block serves no purpose but to make him an unlikable character.
    Lastly, the reason my replacement Gambit is only 1/2/- is because I've actually sold the Black covers I've since gotten for him because I did not want him inhibiting my other 5*s (namely Thor & Okoye) when he was the 5E (which he was a month or two back).
    And as long as the block remains on Stacked Deck, I will continue selling any Black Gambit covers I get.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    YES!!!
    I said when he was originally nerfed that they should have removed the block and it’s even more true now that power creep has crept. Agree he would be a high mid-tier character, maybe Doom level, but by no means game-breaking.  I’d love to play him with Xavier but the purple block means I don’t.  
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    YES!!!
    I think he's now slow enough that the Thing/Spider-Gwen/0/0/5 is a non-issue. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,570 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would vote yes but mine has a 3/3/0 build so if the poll can be amended to say "Yes and give Daz a free black cover, thanks". Thanks!
  • BuzzedLightbeer
    BuzzedLightbeer Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    YES!!!
    I said when he was originally nerfed that they should have removed the block and it’s even more true now that power creep has crept. Agree he would be a high mid-tier character, maybe Doom level, but by no means game-breaking.  I’d love to play him with Xavier but the purple block means I don’t.  

This is it for me too.  I have him at eleven covers, and he actually pairs well with Storm for me, but that’s sadly about his only utility on my roster.  If the block were removed I think he could become much more useful.
  • JSP869
    YES!!!
    With the retro updates I got 1,000 Gambit shards, so I could make him 2/2/2. It occurs to me that that may not be a bad idea...except the block would prevent me from using either Thor or Okoye's red, and both are useful. Okoye's especially for taking out dangerous counters about to go off (such as a boosted CL9 AOE). 
    So for now, I'll sit on those 1,000 shards, and I'll continue selling any black covers I get...or maybe I'll roster a dupe Black-only 5* Gambit?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    YES!!!
    Will his purple not help with those counters? Or did that go away with the nerf?

*edit* just checked, it went away with the nerf