Retroactive Rewards Update

Comments

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,487 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shardmas 2 was pretty fun. I got my missing Gambit cover - still just 2/3/3 now but that might be fun with 5torm sometimes, and I was able to finish up Sabretooth as well. I would still like to know moving forward what the strategy is going to be for feeder assignment. @IceIX any news on that front?

I'd lay odds he doesn't have an official communication to pass on, but it'd be nice to hear that. 

Fingers crossed, they only gave us a partial payout because it was a massive payout and going forward they intend to give full retroactive rewards whenever a character is given covers/shards as rewards, but again, it would be nice to know for certain.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    That was a great improvement on shardmas v1.0. 

I’m still a bit disappointed that we didn’t get the shards which replaced 5* covers for primary feeders (or in fact 4*s). It would have been nice to be able to champ 5* daredevil without needing to pull another 18 kingpin covers. Still, mustn’t grumble, 432 rewards is a lot and it let me finish Ronin and Th4nos who have been languishing on 12 covers for an age. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’m one of those who always wanted to exhaust a tier before moving on. Having almost two entire sets of max 3* champs came through clutch for me! 685 rewards. Not bad for a $2 a month player!

Amazing just how much we missed out on in the initial rollout and just how much they were holding back with regards to expected rewards. 

Thank you again to the community, who aside from maybe 2 people (that I can think of), really banded together in a way I’ve never seen!
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    I’m one of those who always wanted to exhaust a tier before moving on. Having almost two entire sets of max 3* champs came through clutch for me! 685 rewards. Not bad for a $2 a month player!

Amazing just how much we missed out on in the initial rollout and just how much they were holding back with regards to expected rewards. 

Thank you again to the community, who aside from maybe 2 people (that I can think of), really banded together in a way I’ve never seen!
    Definitely a big win for those that hold on to their 266s.  As someone who turns over the 3* farm more aggressively, my windfall was noticeably smaller.  Still, this is a welcome improvement on the first rollout last week.

If only demi/d3 were as responsive to some other concerns we have voiced here and elsewhere.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    Would like to add my voice to the Thank you!s.
    This felt far more rewarding than the other one, and with all those secondary shards I finally managed to finish a few of my 4*s stuck at odd distributions. Now I just need the iso to actually champ them. :wink:

I'd also like to add my voice to the "what happens with feeders going forward" question, since I might just be better off leaving most of my new 4*s unchamped if they're not feeders yet. That would be sad, but I'd also rather not shoot myself in the foot if possible.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thank you, it was very much appreciated.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Thank you. That was very enjoyable.

My newly champed 5* Professor X thanks you too.
  • shinnaruto
    shinnaruto Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Since I was one of the people who also spoke up after the last rollout, then I would also like to thank the developers for this newest update.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    This was awesome. I appreciate the updated rewards, this felt rewarding indeed. 

Thank you MPQ team.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    PorkBelly said:
    I got the rewards today.  TBH, still a little confused.  For example, Black Bolt received no shards but my Medusa is level 343.

Shouldn't I have received the shards that would have accrued from Medusa’s champ levels?
    Rewards were only for secondary feeders, Medusa was already a BB feeder, so we don't get shards for that. Pretty disappointed in that myself. 
    Secondary feeders and new primary feeders so for instance people with a decent Rags were able to get a few covers for Valkyrie.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    288 rewards for me. Lots of 4* from shards. Must say I like the addition in the roster to filter the characters that can have covers applied. Then I looked at the number of characters that need ISO, a bit of rain on my parade, that.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was happy before, but even happier now.

Thank you Devs
  • statnut
    statnut Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Thanks, got mine! Appreciate you guys listening to the community!
  • AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    Got mine today as well, thank you!.  Thanks for all the hard work D3 | Demiurge!
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,907 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thank you :)
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    PorkBelly said:
    I got the rewards today.  TBH, still a little confused.  For example, Black Bolt received no shards but my Medusa is level 343.

Shouldn't I have received the shards that would have accrued from Medusa’s champ levels?
    Why would you get shards?  You already got the Black Bolt covers.
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    Thank you!!!
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thank you - I have finally covered a 5* - not gonna champ because it would ruin PvP for me as it is Cable and not meta but I was beginning to think I would never get there - today I did thanks to the Devs being big enough to accept when a mistake was made.
  • GronkSmash
    GronkSmash Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Did anyone get retroactive shards for Spiderman Black Suit from Infinity war spidey? I earned 12 covers but didn't get the 500 backlogged shards to make 13 😞