Tokens (damage to)

Options
Julie71
Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
Anyone notice that cards that should kill,exile, damage, remove tokens isn't working. I have had a few encounter. With tokens
1. Was a non targeting exile that should have remove a token stack, it didn't
2. Was a creature fights first creature token stack was the only creature mine died no damages to the s3 dragon. @Brigby
Tagged:

Comments

• Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thorn Mammoth was the creature dealing damage.
    Consume was the exile spell.
  • Zzyzzx
    Zzyzzx Posts: 248 Tile Toppler
    Options
    There are some wonky things going on with Tokens in general.
    I submitted a support ticket a couple weeks back showing that Kaya's Vanguard will exile a token stack, but will not grant the life-gain based on the token stack's toughness.
    Oath of Teferi, at the end of your turn, exiles a token stack, but does not return it to the battlefield with its reinforcements (yikes).

I suspect that these mechanics are dependent on the target (be it a token or a non-token critter) entering either the yard or the exile stacks.
    Since tokens are removed from the game, these mechanics are missing the trigger.

But this is just my theory, I know nothing of this app's architecture.
  • thesmallesthuman
    thesmallesthuman Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Options
    This might have something to do with the fact that Petty Theft (Brazen Borrower’s flip side that’s supposed to return target creature or support to hand) occasionally refuses to cast even when there’s valid targets on the board. It’s happened to me more than once, I do know that at least one of those times the only creature (and for that matter, the only card) on my opponent’s board was Sarkhan Unbroken’s second ability dragon token. And no, it did not have hexproof.

There was another time it refused to cast even though my opponent had a Cindervines in play, so that’s not the whole issue but it does feel like creature tokens are suddenly breaking some stuff...