No Holds Barred (Mar 21 to 23)

Comments

• Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    But seriously,I want to be in theladder's MM bubble. He hasn't budged from 616 despite not shielding for hours
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's just because no one wants to fight him because, well... he's theladder icon_e_wink.gif
  • pasa_ wrote:
    Milkrain wrote:
    I tried to make a push before putting up the 8 hour shield. I couldn't reach 600 because of all the hits I was taking. I'm not sure everyone got the memo to just tank this tournament icon_razz.gif

Everyone said they will tank after passing 500. But as everyone appear waiting up others to go there fisrt to climb on them, you're getting used with those high points...

I'm pretty sure you and I hit each other a few times over just after the 8 hour mark.

Hope you do well.
  • Spoit wrote:
    But seriously,I want to be in theladder's MM bubble. He hasn't budged from 616 despite not shielding for hours
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth-616

45621be141153b2f4c16a67802dd5762e109678f9ef4c960b3e3f90447df2f79.jpg
  • Tannen
    Tannen Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Spoit wrote:

You're aware that being in there would mean that theladder can see - and subsequently maul - you, right?

You've heard that quote "I'm not in here with you. You're in here with me!" -- same thing.
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Yuck, this competition while generating low interest seems awfully competitive. You would think that having 2xlvl141s is usually sufficient deterrent till you hit the 700-800 pt ranges. I messed up shields last night - putting a 3 hour shield when I wanted 8 and I'm current relying on 2 things to place 1st - 1. the generosity of TheLadder who's so awesome he's sitting unshielded at 2nd place, and 2. everyone else being busy with the Simulators. sigh..
  • Spoit, you aiming for first. It's so low I can't decide if I will push for #1 or just take whatever rating above 50 I get (only need a single red dd). Of anybody else wants it, I am not in a mood to fight for it. Way too busy this week.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spoit, you aiming for first. It's so low I can't decide if I will push for #1 or just take whatever rating above 50 I get (only need a single red dd). Of anybody else wants it, I am not in a mood to fight for it. Way too busy this week.
    Nope, I shielded after the 5th time from being dropped from mid-600s to sub-500. Dunno if I'll even get top 5.

And actually, I was in theladder/polkio/DDD's bracket back before I stopped playing. Actually, I think I saved him for a nice 40 point retaliation like 2 pvp events ago
  • I kept seeing ToxicAdam in my MMR queue, but I said, "No, I cannot attack him because he is active on the forums - and only worth 9 points."
  • Milkrain wrote:
    I'm pretty sure you and I hit each other a few times over just after the 8 hour mark.

Hope you do well.

icon_e_smile.gif possibly, I didn't pay too much attention to names this time around. And had the policy to take every single retal here no matter what points, and as soon as I notice.

Btw good thing I did that (not that early), as last 2 hours I got bogged down in sim completely, didn't even take a look at place. Held the #9 in the end.

Hope you also reached the target regardless poking. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Anyone still waiting on rewards?
  • Ghast wrote:
    I kept seeing ToxicAdam in my MMR queue, but I said, "No, I cannot attack him because he is active on the forums - and only worth 9 points."

Yea, you were stuck in my little bubble.i skipped you a bunch.

Every tournament I get in, I get to about 400 points and only have 5-6 choices. Usually the same users.
  • Clint wrote:
    Anyone still waiting on rewards?

I got one set, not sure if it was easy or hard (non-alliance) but that's it so far.
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Spoit wrote:
    Spoit, you aiming for first. It's so low I can't decide if I will push for #1 or just take whatever rating above 50 I get (only need a single red dd). Of anybody else wants it, I am not in a mood to fight for it. Way too busy this week.
    Nope, I shielded after the 5th time from being dropped from mid-600s to sub-500. Dunno if I'll even get top 5.

And actually, I was in theladder/polkio/DDD's bracket back before I stopped playing. Actually, I think I saved him for a nice 40 point retaliation like 2 pvp events ago

Rare to see so many forum goers commenting on the same bracket but I'm happy that no one actually decided to make a play for 1st place - I managed to hold on the position at 670ish.
  • kidicarus wrote:
    Spoit wrote:

Rare to see so many forum goers commenting on the same bracket but I'm happy that no one actually decided to make a play for 1st place - I managed to hold on the position at 670ish.

There is your good karma for the month I guess lol. The ladder had no reason to push, Spoit got karma tinykittied (for what, I do not know...suffocating baby mice incidentally? Who knows), I didn't have time to play this week and I just...decided I didn't care enough to push despite being in a decent mmr still, and everyone else was probably busy with simulator or whatever (I haven't even started it lol).

It's funny, I've missed getting red wolvie with high hard fought scores in bad mmr. I have a chance go get an easy win and I pass. Still got top 10 and I only played about 15 matches total.
  • I was just behind Jozier and went into a match to try and pass him with 1-2 minutes to go. Won my match about 5 seconds after midnight, resulting in a #2 placement.
  • I passed you with 10 to go and then went back to the simulator. Should have unshielded earlier icon_e_wink.gif
  • jozier wrote:
    I passed you with 10 to go and then went back to the simulator. Should have unshielded earlier icon_e_wink.gif

I waited until there were 2-3 minutes left and thought I would be able to jump you at the last minute. I was scared of getting hit if I unshielded too soon. It would have been my first time finishing #1, but I'll live.

Still, one day.... "I will have my vengeance; in this life or the next" icon_e_wink.gif
  • I wasn't even going to try that hard in this one as I already had more DD covers than I'll ever need. My goal was to get to 500 for the hero points and finish high enough to get the 100 hp. However, the bracket I was in had me in the top 5 once I reached 500. Being that close I figured might as well push for #1 since I need more red Xforce. Ended up winning #1 at about 570pts and didn't even shield. Thanks for the easy bracket icon_e_wink.gif
  • kidicarus wrote:
    Yuck, this competition while generating low interest seems awfully competitive. You would think that having 2xlvl141s is usually sufficient deterrent till you hit the 700-800 pt ranges. I messed up shields last night - putting a 3 hour shield when I wanted 8 and I'm current relying on 2 things to place 1st - 1. the generosity of TheLadder who's so awesome he's sitting unshielded at 2nd place, and 2. everyone else being busy with the Simulators. sigh..

Glad I could be of assistance icon_e_wink.gif