Throne of Eldraine probably the best set for common and uncommon cards

Options
Some of the common or uncommon card in Throne of Eldraine are super fun and powerful in regards of their rarity.

Kenrith's Transformation (Common) - Token king - See Nalthazar's video: https://youtu.be/9GlpPi1ABuo

On Alert (Common) - 4 mana get permanent +4/+4 and Enable

Stolen by the Fae (Uncommon) - 14 mana to get a 9/9 fly with a return spell

Adding more ...

Comments

• Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm not completely convinced by "stolen by the faes "... If it works as expected you can't play it if oponent has no creature that cost 9 mana or less...thats a pretty huge condition.

It would have been much more playable to set X up to 18  and the number of faes to X/3 rounded down or something like that.

Or is it working differently?

• Kalazan
    Kalazan Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options
    Bil said:
    I'm not completely convinced by "stolen by the faes "... If it works as expected you can't play it if oponent has no creature that cost 9 mana or less...thats a pretty huge condition.

It would have been much more playable to set X up to 18  and the number of faes to X/3 rounded down or something like that.

Or is it working differently?

It can work on your own creature as well if play with small creatures on a budget deck And tokens which is 0 cost. 

And it's an uncommon... Didn't expecting it covers all.
  • Horadrim
    Horadrim Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I still miss a lot of the common and uncommon Dominaria cards like dauntless bodyguard, in bolas clutches, elder reborn, and on serra's wings.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well that's good I guess, as more than usual, my packs seem to contain ONLY those kind of card :/
  • Windy
    Windy Posts: 79 Match Maker
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Use Stolen by Fae to return Brazen Borrower to you hand and in effect you still have a bounce card in hand and a 9/9 flyer on the board. But agreed not tier 1 level stuff
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Windy said:
    Use Stolen by Fae to return Brazen Borrower to you hand and in effect you still have a bounce card in hand and a 9/9 flyer on the board. But agreed not tier 1 level stuff
    That's a very situational use ... And if you've stacked your borrower you'll loose the stack, same goes for most good creatures < 9 mana that are very likely to be reinforced or buffed several times.

I really like the concept of the card ... And it's true that you can't expect too much for an uncommon ... But its design will probably throw it in the category of the "could have been good but never sees play" cards.
  • Barnabes
    Barnabes Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Options
    Don’t know that I would call this “best”. Almost every set has some busted commons uncommons, way above the usual chaff. The Ravnica guildgates, Deathsprout from WAR, and the Rapture Spire in M19 (plus Scapeshift for maximum explosiveness) are a few examples. 

Not it to mention the absolutely unbalanced cards you got earlier on. BFZ - Transgress the Mind and Grip of Desolation, Adverse Conditions and Incubator Drone not to mention Scour From Existence. Probably the true best set for commons and uncommons. 

In Eldraine I’m mostly exited about Fabled Passage - if they fix the card, which seems to do nothing when it’s destroyed. Otherwise I am mostly seeing fodder to use for specific events or force on my victims during RR. 
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    starfall said:
    Anyone found any good PvE levels to play Stolen by the Fae on?

Planechasing Fblthp ain't it, sadly.

I haven't a chance to really try it out for PvE but I did use it for the 1st and last node in the last Challenge of the Courts event. I personally like Stolen by the Fae considering that I can use it on a singular token I control or on something smaller than 9 mana cost that the opponent controls. note: this also includes those huge pesky +X/+X token stacks of whatever tokens that Greg managed to bring out because he's holding a BBQ and I'm on the menu.

my CotC build: C, UC & R only.

Teferi

creatures:

Faerie Formation

Harbinger of the Tides

Scholar of the Ages (this was a far better card than I had initially thought)

spells: 

Stolen by the Fae

Final Payment

Eternal Isolation

Talent of the Telepath

supports:

Azorius Guildgate

Castle Vantress

Mystic Sanctuary