Venom Heroic

Comments

• Just played the first three venom missions for 300 pts each. The gotcha was that the 2nd one me put me in first place and even though the he mission said 300pts I only got 5. Moral of story is stop playing if you are in first...
  • Shikao wrote:
    #1 in my bracket and after last reset all mission are worth only 5 points for me now... This Heroic behaves really strange.

Hi Shikao. When the first reset hit, I was in first place. I played through all the missions (no repeatables this time), but by the time the second reset occurred you were several hundred points ahead of me.

Trying to figure out how the algorithm works. Did you wait until close to the second reset to play through all of the mission?
  • cepage wrote:
    Trying to figure out how the algorithm works. Did you wait until close to the second reset to play through all of the mission?

I did them about 3h before this reset. They were worth 100-300 points with no repeatables. Now that I dropped from #1 all missions are 300 icon_eek.gif
  • Has anyone seen higher than 300 for a single mission?
  • Don't get excited about heroic guys because there is no competition here. Just treat this as a free stuff - just play some missions and after 4 days you get free stuff. Also it is easy way to gathering iso.

Rules should be simple and now rules are out of control. In unstable iso every mission was for the same amount of points for everybody - winner was a guy which had got most time. First heroic missions - more points at the end of event - don't gring early , grind at the last day. Second heroic - chaos - nobody knows how to play to win. Looks like devs looking for solution for grinding in heroic event but I think heroic 2 is disaster so far so it is not a good way.

300 points looks like max points for mission.
  • I agree, just play and get your progression rewards and then if you place decent at the end, cool more bonus. 200 ISO for beating the mission and sometimes you roll a ISO reward ... think max is 500 so thats like 700 ISO which is good amount !
  • Yup, iso is great. That's why I keep doing them.
  • Definetly something broke, every mission is 300 right now and I def don't think it was supposed to be like this. Devs seem to still be tweaking how these heroics will work and this attempt was a small fail (IMO)
  • Weren't the points you're getting for the missions determined by the highest score of all players? Or is the rubberbanding just working inside a bracket?
  • I still haven't seen anything past 50 points. I'm thinking it's a bug or something, especially considering last tier reward only needs 1000.
  • I still haven't seen anything past 50 points. I'm thinking it's a bug or something, especially considering last tier reward only needs 1000.

That really sucks... since w/ the stupidly high 200/300 point awards I was able to complete all the tiers w/ 3 games this morning... You're not first in your bracket are you?
  • A larger QA department would have caught this. I can definitely see how this happened. A couple testers did multiple brackets with a couple guys at low points. This bug takes awhile to rear its head so they never saw it in the tests they did.

No mad.
  • Why does everyone keep saying glitch and that it's broken? It is working the way it is supposed to. Your points per mission scale based off of the highest player regardless of bracket. Meaning if you have 200 points and the overall person has 2000 you'll get a lot of points. Conversely if you are the leader with 2000 points you will get the minimum amount of points until someone overtakes your score. Pretty easy to figure out. It's not glitched or broken
  • Well, this is just a guess, but I suspect they didn't intend for a player to go from zero to the top level progression reward in a few moments.
  • Badman82 wrote:
    Why does everyone keep saying glitch and that it's broken? It is working the way it is supposed to. Your points per mission scale based off of the highest player regardless of bracket. Meaning if you have 200 points and the overall person has 2000 you'll get a lot of points. Conversely if you are the leader with 2000 points you will get the minimum amount of points until someone overtakes your score. Pretty easy to figure out. It's not glitched or broken
    I have 170 points right now. I'm not seeing it unless it is bracket independent.
  • Badman82 wrote:
    Why does everyone keep saying glitch and that it's broken? It is working the way it is supposed to. Your points per mission scale based off of the highest player regardless of bracket. Meaning if you have 200 points and the overall person has 2000 you'll get a lot of points. Conversely if you are the leader with 2000 points you will get the minimum amount of points until someone overtakes your score. Pretty easy to figure out. It's not glitched or broken

I was under the impression that it was supposed to scale based on position compared to other brackets. So if 10th place in bracket A had fewer points than 10th place in bracket B the 10th place player in bracket A would get more points for each mission than the one in B.

But I for one didn't see any point fluctuation while climbing in the bracket today. The missions were the same for me at #66 as they are now at #2.

Now I'll admit I barely skimmed the patch notes and Ice's comments so I could be mistaken about the whole thing. If so I apologize but would love for someone to enlighten me (sorry I'm lazy).
  • Badman82 wrote:

Because that's not how it's working. Right now, except for poor ihearthawthats, being in 1st place in any bracket means you get 5 points for a mission. Being in second means you get 200-300.

I'm in second place in my bracket, only behind #1 by a bit over 100 points (he has 6387, I have 6262), and I'm simply not going to complete the last Rag mission before the reset because that would give me 300 points and push me into #1. I don't want to be #1 right now.
  • Badman82 wrote:

I was under the impression that it was supposed to scale based on position compared to other brackets. So if 10th place in bracket A had fewer points than 10th place in bracket B the 10th place player in bracket A would get more points for each mission than the one in B.

But I for one didn't see any point fluctuation while climbing in the bracket today. The missions were the same for me at #66 as they are now at #2.

Now I'll admit I barely skimmed the patch notes and Ice's comments so I could be mistaken about the whole thing. If so I apologize but would love for someone to enlighten me (sorry I'm lazy).

Yes this is essentially how it works except that it's based off the highest bracket. So that means the person with the most points overall is the leader. If you're in a different bracket and you have less points you earn more. From my understanding they worded it wrong. It's not based off of people that are the same rank as you, it's based off the leader, the person who has the most points.
  • I'm #1 in my bracket right now and the last mission still gives 300 points fyi.
  • Badman82 wrote:
    Yes this is essentially how it works except that it's based off the highest bracket. So that means the person with the most points overall is the leader. If you're in a different bracket and you have less points you earn more. From my understanding they worded it wrong. It's not based off of people that are the same rank as you, it's based off the leader, the person who has the most points.

It's broken either way you want to look at it. If it's intrabracket, I shouldn't be getting 300 points when #1 is barely over 100 away. If it's interbracket then you shouldn't drop from 300 points to 5 upon becoming #1.

Additionally missions being worth 200 or 300 points is absurd, given that the top tier award is only 1000. MAYBE if you hadn't played until the very last 12 hour refresh and the leader (either in bracket or across all, depending on how it's supposed to work) had several thousand points... but that's not what's happening.