Guidance requested on whether I should pull from the Worthy Challengers store?

2»

Comments

• McThunderpants
    McThunderpants Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Well, I pulled. Went into this hoping to get my 5Thor to 5 green, and to get some BRB yellow and blue covers in case he becomes part of a new meta. My results:

97 pulls - 12 5*

BRB - 4 covers - all green - he’s now at 0/0/4

Hela - 3 covers - one of each color - she’s now at 3/1/1

Thor - 5 covers - 3 red, 1 yellow, and 1 green - he’s now at 3/5/4

All green BRB is disappointing, but I guess it was better than none at all. 

Had to champ Emma to make progress on Kitty and had a shardgasm scoring a single cover for her at 280. Keeping my 300+ cp for now and will try and restock in case a Kitty store pops up. Looks like I am still square in 4* land for the foreseeable future. As stated above, thanks for all of the guidance on this endeavor.
  • McThunderpants
    Thanks.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    There are pros and cons. I wouldn’t call it a win, but isn’t a loss either

- 12.4% pull rate is below average. 

- Lopsided BRB build is definitely not fun. 

- The lack of Thor green means you have to champ in order to respec and can’t softcap. 

+ However, you pulled majority Thor covers (all useable!) and are one away from champing. That is very much a big win!   I think he’s the best character in the game, though I know others disagree.

I agree with people saying to start targeting your Valkyrie. 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    0/0/4 for a 5*. Yikes. Good Thor pulls though.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    You should really target Valkyrie and focus on Thor. Focusing on Kitty right now is a waste because you're so far from champing her. A medium-covered 5* isn't much better than a low-covered 5*. Meanwhile, a 13th cover on a meta 5* is most valuable cover in the game.

Another way to look at it is, even if you focus on Kitty and her feeder, and get super lucky, it'll still take a long time to cover her. If you focus on Thor right now, you're likely to champ him eventually/sooner.

I would heart Valkyrie and use as much CP as you can on the current store to try to get the 13th cover.
  • McThunderpants
    Thanks. I selected Valk for shards and will keep pushing for cp. I also have a bunch of heroics that I aim to pull to try and gain the minimal shard rewards from each. Thanks for the direction. Will post again before the store closes, as I’ll try and pull for some more  Thor with cp at that point as well.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Target Ragnarok for your 3* because he feeds Valkyrie now and can help get you to that Thor cover faster.
  • McThunderpants
    Sharded Rags this morning as well. Thanks.
  • McThunderpants
    Made 6 more pulls, and got another Thor red. I guess the MPQ verse doesn’t want me to have a fully usable BRB. Will save up and see if he is worth it when Carnage leaves latest. Otherwise the 2020 horde starts now.
  • Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Not OP, but I also blew my hoard on Worthy Challengers. Wish the store also had a higher than normal for 4* Cap, but hey. Can't have it all.

In addition to an assortment of 4*s, I got 3 Thors (3/0/0), 7 Hela (1/4/2) and 5 BRB (0/1/4). Once I roster them, these will be my only 5*s. Do you think this Thor will be useful? If not, are Hela+BRB useful for anything? Which 4*s could put them to work?
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    Jacklag said:
    Not OP, but I also blew my hoard on Worthy Challengers. Wish the store also had a higher than normal for 4* Cap, but hey. Can't have it all.

In addition to an assortment of 4*s, I got 3 Thors (3/0/0), 7 Hela (1/4/2) and 5 BRB (0/1/4). Once I roster them, these will be my only 5*s. Do you think this Thor will be useful? If not, are Hela+BRB useful for anything? Which 4*s could put them to work?
    It's a bit too early to know if BRB is useful at low covers, imo.  But he doesn't seem bad, and blue is probably his best power.

Hela is useful, but not meta.  I would not rely on her, but she will be fun when boosted.

As for a 3/x/x halfthor?  Will he be useful?  Do you like +3 AP per turn, every turn?  I know I do.

Apologies if this is redundant, but I will also add the standard advice of "don't level your 5*s just yet if you are still a 4* player."  Keep them at or below 270, so that you can use boosted 4*s to tank for them.  This is especially true for your Thor.
  • Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Thanks. I feel much better about my pulls now. I too will be favoriting Ragnarok and Valkyrie for now on.