Retroactive Rewards Update

Comments

• tupacboy
    tupacboy Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    2nd day of Christmas woor
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    Can someone explain this section for me?
    They didn't get Primary chars updated, did they? Just Secondary added, right? Or did I miss something?
    Curious observation, all four listed feed double-fed chars.

3-Stars with Updated Primary and Secondary Characters:

• Angel (All-New X-Men)

• Colossus (Classic)

• Gamora (Guardians of the Galaxy)

• Ragnarok (Dark Avengers)

Not sure about all of these, but I think the old rewards (only one) became the Secondary Character and a new Primary Character was added.

For example, Colossus used to give Wolverine covers, now he has a Primary Character reward of Magik and Wolverine is the Secondary Character.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    They didn't get Primary chars updated, did they? Just Secondary added, right? Or did I miss something?

• Angel (All-New X-Men)

• Colossus (Classic)

Yeah, they were updated. Like with Rags he primarily feeds Valkyrie now and gives a secondary X-23 cover.
  • Gambit_Ace2000
    Gambit_Ace2000 Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Thx for the speedy decision trying to rectify this whole ordeal. You said that the fanbase is hugely passionate...I believe that to be a huge understatement! It goes beyond passion, we love this game and we fight for it! If all of the posts and feed back didn't show that, I don't know what will. Anyway rant over, oh wait you guys hit us with that spoiler alert about not being done with the shard system...don't leave me hanging! Keep the loyal fans and community in the loop! Thx again!

• UNSHMD
    UNSHMD Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    edited December 2019
    Hey IceIX i don’t see anything for two stars that’s where i personally made lots of move to max out rewards for example i have two maxed out marvel plus a third one at 99 so i was expecting 1200 shards for marvel modern and two mighty tokens  i got 100 so now i should get the remaining 1100  and the tokens am I correct?
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    UNSHMD said:
    Hey IceIX i don’t see anything for two stars that’s where i personally made lots of move to max out rewards for example i have two maxed out marvel plus a third one at 99 so i was expecting 1200 shards for marvel modern i got 100 so now i should get the remaining 1100 am I correct?

In the original post, they said they wouldn't be giving out retroactive shards in cases where you'd already received the cover they correspond to.

Under the old system, you would have earned three 3* covers by levelling a 2* character to 144. Under the new scheme, two of those covers have been replaced by 600 shards. Since you've already earned three covers from your max champ, no shards are due.

This second round of retroactive shards are for cases where shards have been added to the champion reward tables where no covers previously existed.

• maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Thank you to the dev team for listening to the feedback and acting on it so swiftly. Looking forward to the second round of rewards, and the further implementation of the shard system. Interested to see how other rewards will be updated to give us other ways to earn shards.
  • pezse
    pezse Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Thank you.
  • Razuhlui
    Razuhlui Posts: 34 Just Dropped In

• Angel (All-New X-Men)

• Colossus (Classic)

These ones got their old 4* Feeder cover changed to be secondary in shards, which mean you will not get their old champoin reward as shard. You will instead get their new established 4* Feeder champion rewards.
    So if you maxed the out, you should probaly get 1200 shards of every new 4* Feeder for them.

All others with new secondary Feeder, should get 600 shards if maxed out, if i get it right.
  • Mayo
    Mayo Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    IceIX said:

As part of the roll out of Shards, Champion rewards for 2-Stars, 3-Stars, and 4-Stars were updated to include Shards. This amounted to updating over a hundred characters across these three tiers. This represents one of the largest changes to the game that we have made. As part of this release, players received Shards and covers depending on the progress their characters had made to that point.

We thank everyone for their feedback and, ultimately, their patience as we fully implement the Shard system (Spoiler: We’re not done!). 

4-Stars with updated 5-Stars:

3-Stars with Secondary Character Updates Only:

And what about the 2* characters? 

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks Ice and kudos for the clear communication and qualifications in this thread.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    Excellent news, now about that HP and CP loss....
  • rdvargas1
    rdvargas1 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Thank you IceIX and Devs!
  • Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Thank you for listening! The community rallied together more than any previous time I can recall.

We all love this game and it’s not about who lost more. That could be any of us in the future. We stuck up for one another and our voices were heard.
  • captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 236 Tile Toppler
    Thank you.

My VIP was about to expire in two days and I wasn't going to.  This changes that.  I'll renew.

I do think this game is going in a good direction, or at least better than it was six months ago.  The engine has been replaced, some new events have been added, quite a few interesting characters (although mostly 4's) have been added, feeders are now up to date...

Keep going with the changes.  (Just remember to be somewhat generous with rewards for continual play.)

Still a game worth playing.
  • UNSHMD
    UNSHMD Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    jamesh said:
    UNSHMD said:
    Hey IceIX i don’t see anything for two stars that’s where i personally made lots of move to max out rewards for example i have two maxed out marvel plus a third one at 99 so i was expecting 1200 shards for marvel modern i got 100 so now i should get the remaining 1100 am I correct?

In the original post, they said they wouldn't be giving out retroactive shards in cases where you'd already received the cover they correspond to.

Under the old system, you would have earned three 3* covers by levelling a 2* character to 144. Under the new scheme, two of those covers have been replaced by 600 shards. Since you've already earned three covers from your max champ, no shards are due.

This second round of retroactive shards are for cases where shards have been added to the champion reward tables where no covers previously existed.

Ok then that just shows the unclarity of the all thing cause that’s how i read it and when asking vet the example i was given was that let’s say i won a LL token from a hero and that changes i get to keep it and i also get the new one (a cover) so i went on and pulled all i could level all i could as high as i could used all my cp in classic to get as much 4* as possible to level them to as many rewards as possible and same for standard token and two stars had i had know i wouldn’t have level some knowing i wouldn’t get the shards and the cover i would have get many down so i can get the mighty token after the change... i would rather have my cp right now to pull in the worthy challengers for a chance at brb and Thor witch i don’t have 
  • shinnaruto
    shinnaruto Posts: 60 Match Maker
    I came on the forum and reacted as many did to the first roll out to the retro rewards.
    Now, I want to thank the devs for moving relatively quickly to try to fix this.

They could have taken longer to work something out, or not at all. The fact that they have is a good move in the right direction.

Now we can go back to the dilution/Worthy/Bishop debates as regularly scheduled.
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    Thank you for listening to the community!
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, this is great news. Let's wait for Tuesday to see how things go, but looks like this fire has been put out.