On Retroactive Rewards

Comments

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    MegaBee said:
    axmoss said:
    can i get my mighty tokens for the max champed 3-stars on my roster?

"MEAT! I'll get you a nice box of Christmas meat."
  • Krek
    Krek Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Krek said:
    I'll give you 3 immediate examples and this not based on math but purely goal oriented as I have had to be to keep playing after getting kicked in the teeth again and again with these updates.

1. My gamora is 297 I was looking forward to getting her to 300 and a thanos cover. with new rewards: 400 shards and that's counting 2 levels of rewards.

2. my wolverine is 313 and I was looking forward to finishing the covers on OML when 320. now: a few shards and even if it's enough for a cover it's over many levels and I lose covers overall on EVERY 4*

3. my 311 medusa: same as wolverine: I can forget to finish black bolt by 320 and losing covers over all.

4. antman 299: forget about wasp cover and losing covers the list goes on.
    Each of these examples were feeders before, you should have received the shards from the earlier levels, so that when you get to level 300 or 320, it will total a complete cover.

except I didn't.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    DarthDeVo said:
    MegaBee said:
    axmoss said:
    can i get my mighty tokens for the max champed 3-stars on my roster?

"MEAT! I'll get you a nice box of Christmas meat."
    You like your chunks of Spider-Ham already sliced in shards, right?
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    Krek said:
    Krek said:
    I'll give you 3 immediate examples and this not based on math but purely goal oriented as I have had to be to keep playing after getting kicked in the teeth again and again with these updates.

1. My gamora is 297 I was looking forward to getting her to 300 and a thanos cover. with new rewards: 400 shards and that's counting 2 levels of rewards.

2. my wolverine is 313 and I was looking forward to finishing the covers on OML when 320. now: a few shards and even if it's enough for a cover it's over many levels and I lose covers overall on EVERY 4*

3. my 311 medusa: same as wolverine: I can forget to finish black bolt by 320 and losing covers over all.

Each of these examples were feeders before, you should have received the shards from the earlier levels, so that when you get to level 300 or 320, it will total a complete cover.

except I didn't.
    1. Your Thanos should have 100 shards, so that the rewards at 298 (150 shards) and 300 (250 shards) get you to 500 shards, the equivalent of a full cover.
    2., 3. You wouldn't have gotten any Black Bolt nor OML shards, since you already got the covers when they got to 300, and they haven't passed the new shards levels (315, 318) on their way to 320.
    4. Wasp should have 250 shards, so that when Ant-Man gets to level 300 you will get another 250 shards, the equivalent of a full cover.

I have some 4* characters in this range and their 5* rewards have the correct numbers of shards.

Your examples do not demonstrate a problem with this update.
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    I didn't realize how bad this was until I saw the breakdowns here. I had assumed I had miscalculated the amount of shards I should have received and everything was copacetic. This is bad.
  • Treras
    Treras Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Yeah, this year MPQ Santa gave us coal instead of presents. They can still make it worse they just need to get rid of saved covers...
  • Captain_Carlman
    Captain_Carlman Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    As a long time player (Day 2064) but still 3*-4* transitioning player, I thought the retroactive reward system announced would finally help me get the leg-up I needed to help cover some of my retro 4*s, since all of my 3*s are rostered and closing in on being max champed.  Some retro 4* covers would have been great, but Mighty Tokens wouldn't be bad overall either.  Instead, I log in and get a couple hundred shards for 4* Carnage and Kate Bishop with a handful of random 3* shards.  

This game is just starting to feel like a slog to get through and it's getting to the point where I'm starting to dread playing because nothing feels like it going anywhere and I just keep spinning my wheels.  I can't afford to "super whale" my way through roster progression, but I was willing to spend what I could from time to time.  With all the constant nerfing to rewards, I think it will probably be time to quit soon.  It's been a fun five years, but there's no point in sticking around to play the same PVE stories over and over with not much to show for it, even being penalized for doing so to build my roster.
  • Krek
    Krek Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    edited December 2019
    Krek said:
    Krek said:

except I didn't.
    1. Your Thanos should have 100 shards, so that the rewards at 298 (150 shards) and 300 (250 shards) get you to 500 shards, the equivalent of a full cover.
    2., 3. You wouldn't have gotten any Black Bolt nor OML shards, since you already got the covers when they got to 300, and they haven't passed the new shards levels (315, 318) on their way to 320.
    4. Wasp should have 250 shards, so that when Ant-Man gets to level 300 you will get another 250 shards, the equivalent of a full cover.

I have some 4* characters in this range and their 5* rewards have the correct numbers of shards.

Your examples do not demonstrate a problem with this update.

even if that true which I don't think it is, It's still 3+ rewards to reach the same as 1 before. that's not right. losing out on rewards regardless. and those rewards is lt tokens which usually translates to 4* covers at least, a 5* cover at best.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is this the biggest backlash in the games history?
  • ShortStuff
    ShortStuff Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    edited December 2019
    Just one example:
    Under the old system, my Rescue would have been champed.
    Instead, I have a 10 cover Rescue with 300 shards.
    And that is it.  Rescue will never be champed.  It will spend the rest of its life sitting there with 10 covers and 300 useless, stupid, idiotic, wasteful shards.
  • PinkoMcFlyToo
    PinkoMcFlyToo Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Anon said:
    Is this the biggest backlash in the games history?
    There's been some big ones, this is definitely the most justified of the backlashes.
  • grumbLEGO
    grumbLEGO Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    From what I can tell from some of these truly impressive posts and my own experience (2019 play days, shield level 155) it all boils down to something very simple. 

The communication seemed to indicate that the change in rewards would be treated like previous feeders. It was not. They could have gone so far as to change the reward and give nothing retroactively, at least that didn’t happen, but that’s small comfort because the retroactive rewards are a. Inconsistent with previous retroactive rewards and b. Just don’t make a whole lot of sense. 

Also. Is there any real reason why we need to split up shard rewards in champ levels and not just award 500 at one level and give other rewards at the other levels? You got to 500 shards (or the equivalent for lower cover tiers) at the same place you’d get a cover before anyway, why split it up?
  • Mikbro81
    Mikbro81 Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    grumbLEGO said:
    From what I can tell from some of these truly impressive posts and my own experience (2019 play days, shield level 155) it all boils down to something very simple. 
    The communication seemed to indicate that the change in rewards would be treated like previous feeders. It was not. They could have gone so far as to change the reward and give nothing retroactively, at least that didn’t happen, but that’s small comfort because the retroactive rewards are a. Inconsistent with previous retroactive rewards and b. Just don’t make a whole lot of sense. 

Also. Is there any real reason why we need to split up shard rewards in champ levels and not just award 500 at one level and give other rewards at the other levels? You got to 500 shards (or the equivalent for lower cover tiers) at the same place you’d get a cover before anyway, why split it up?
    Because splitting it up was the best way to take resources away. They think there are too many hero points and cp in the game. If you want more,  you should buy more
  • jtsings
    jtsings Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2019
       Day 975 for me.  Usually top 5/10 in PVE SCL 8 and PVP top 25/50.  I've bought just a few cover packages but I've consistently paid the $2 each month, which in my opinion is well worth the cost for the shield intercepts you get in return.  I've tried to make some possible justifications, in previous posts, for the reasoning behind the BH to shard change and the change in champ rewards.  Well... in this one I'm really stumped, the only possible explanation I can come up with (because they won't come on and tell us what their intention/reasoning was) they were trying to get away with giving us as little as possible.  The emotion I felt after receiving my rewards for my several level 300+ 4*s was both severely underwhelming and very discouraging.

Here's my question, which if it already has been brought up I apologize.  There was already a significant population of the people that were very upset by both the shard changeover and the change in champ rewards and then they had no foresight to see that this was going to be a big problem.  The first two I could being somewhat helpful for newer players but the latter really didn't benefit imo, properly, anyone.  D3 I've got an expression for you if/when you decide to rearrange the retroactive rewards: "one, two, three strikes you're out"; which it appears many have already communicated to you already.

I do concur heavily with everyone before who has mentioned communication, or lack thereof, as the biggest problem in this and a lot of other areas of this forum.  Don't get me wrong I do like reading other people's opinions about the game but I also like to know ahead of time what's going on in the game.  I'm not sure if the a warning ahead of time that the retroactive rewards  were going to be significantly scaled back would have helped to "soften the blow" of the fallout of disappointment, but at least many people wouldn't have spent money or in game resources to do what any smart person would have done before the expected rewards were significantly reduced.