Balance of power teams

There seems to be a lot of rage with the updates.  As a gift to anyone who finds me in balance of power, I left a bagman out for you to crush.  

With everyone boosted, maybe we can get away from grockernaut teams?  Who are you throwing out

Comments

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    1 star spiderman is no joke in this. his powers are super cheap and all three have valid usages.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    PiMacleod,

I think he is looking for Balance of Power teams (everyone to L550), not Combined Arms teams (2*,3*,4*)  :)

KGB
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oops.  With Combined Arms going on, i just went with it.

Nevermind!  ;P i'll get rid of that post....
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    C4rol, W4sp, Medusa. Two blue matches and you can let the good times roll.
  • brontag1
    brontag1 Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Reached my 16 wins then did a 17th with Archangel, 4* Thor, and Chavez.. pretty easy to beat me down now :)
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 496 Mover and Shaker
    All three of my nodes currently feature Juggs, Grocket & Gamora, so I suppose that's a good team.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    I like:
    Okoye/5* Bobby/Jessica Jones. Trap matches earn yellow for Okoye, and if you can get some greens out, bobby can really do some damage. The tradeoff with this team is that Bobby is always freezing your blue down into the board, so you end up playing more Minesweeper with JJ. But since every blue is a CD, you know they're on red or black, so they aren't that hard to find.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    tiomono said:
    Spidey 2099, Spidergwen, Miles.

Webs for days. Every blue black and yellow match creates 3 web tiles. Every time a web tile gets matched you get a heal and free purple, blue, and red ap. You get a stun and amplified damage on blue. Miles purple nuke has no ceiling on how many web tiles are on the board. Gwen has a pretty much guaranteed 70k nuke for 6 red.

It's a brutally efficient team.
    People underestimate the Spider-Verse teams too often. I know I've used them in 5 star nodes in SCL8 when Gritty and the third hero just don't work, especially when one of the group is boosted. Spidey 2099 is my next climbing to 270 and champ status with two saved covers coming with him. Hopefully that's done by the end of this week. 
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    I dabbled with Chavez, Luke C4ge and Hobo Fist, as that's usually a great synergistic team that doesn't require many actual moves. 
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono said:
    Spidey 2099, Spidergwen, Miles.

Webs for days. Every blue black and yellow match creates 3 web tiles. Every time a web tile gets matched you get a heal and free purple, blue, and red ap. You get a stun and amplified damage on blue. Miles purple nuke has no ceiling on how many web tiles are on the board. Gwen has a pretty much guaranteed 70k nuke for 6 red.

It's a brutally efficient team.
    People underestimate the Spider-Verse teams too often. I know I've used them in 5 star nodes in SCL8 when Gritty and the third hero just don't work, especially when one of the group is boosted. Spidey 2099 is my next climbing to 270 and champ status with two saved covers coming with him. Hopefully that's done by the end of this week. 
    Yeah miles can one shot anyone in this mode for 14 purple. Put down 2099 blue and have gwen hit someone for over 120k on 6 red. So much fun.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used Kitty, Grockett, Juggs and attacked a Medusa, Iceman, Carnage

The AI had 70 AP after their first turn. SEVENTY!

So, apparently, that's not a bad counter to what I was running.
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Borstock said:
    I used Kitty, Grockett, Juggs and attacked a Medusa, Iceman, Carnage

The AI had 70 AP after their first turn. SEVENTY!

So, apparently, that's not a bad counter to what I was running.
    wait ... what? 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    5* Carnage? I guess he took two turns and sweeped up all your strikes?
  • DirionScrab
    DirionScrab Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Strange3 , Switch, Magneto2   for permanent  stun after about 5 turns probably not a great defense but its fun.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spiderverse teams are always great. 

I dream of using 5* Peter Parker, Miles and Spidey 2099. 6 blue ap for guaranteed team stun and 3 guaranteed critical tiles for 7 red ap are something not to mess with.  

For now, I settle for a lesser version of Spider-Gwen, Miles and Spidey 2099. 

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 975 Critical Contributor

I dream of using 5* Peter Parker, Miles and Spidey 2099. 6 blue ap for guaranteed team stun and 3 guaranteed critical tiles for 7 red ap are something not to mess with.  

That's the best part of Balance of Power: messing around with fun teams to see how well they work.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    5* Carnage? I guess he took two turns and sweeped up all your strikes?
    Nope.  It was 4* Carnage.  The cascade + Medusa was just that bad. She had 24 purple after turn 1.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards

I have 5* peter. He is not as good as putting gwen in. Miles 5-5-3, Gwen 3-5-5, 2099 5-5-3.
    8 blue and 6 red and gwen hits for around 135k. You dont need crits.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I forgot about Spidey2099's blue that increases damage on stunned character by 75%. I thought it's cool to keep the enemy team stunned as long as possible.

Balance of Power is my favourite PvP because it's the only PvP that allows you to use every tier of characters against any tier of characters while allowing all players even playing field.