Missing shards? Edit: I guess not (technically)

AwebermanAweberman Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
edited December 2019 in MPQ General Discussion
I don’t think I received all the retroactive rewards I was supposed to. (Maybe this has been explained elsewhere, in which case, please point me in that direction.)

Case in point: My IMHB is level 330. According to the rewards schedule, there should be Rescue rewards of 1 blue cover at 280 and a total of 1000 shards around levels 300 and 320. All of these rewards have green checkmarks, but I do not have them. 

I did receive the cover, but I’m only at 240 shards; I have bought the offer twice. So why did I receive 200 shards instead of 1000?

Edit: This has been answered, in an update to the original post on the feeders. 

Comments

  • maltyo9maltyo9 Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    Unfortunately, it appears that the rewards were given out as intended.  Enjoy your shards.
  • VhailorxVhailorx Posts: 4,333 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nope, this is a user error issue Aweberman.  We were just wrong to expect truly retroactive shard rewards. What foolish, whiny, entitled players we all are.  We should be ashamed!

    /sarcasm.
  • rdvargas1rdvargas1 Posts: 68 Match Maker
    They definitely did not give out the correct ( or at least reported) retroactive rewards.   
  • crackninjacrackninja Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
    It's been confirmed that they gave out what they intended to, so don't expect to receive any more unfortunately. 
  • pheregaspheregas Posts: 1,365 Chairperson of the Boards
    They confirmed on discord that we got what they wanted to give us.

    Nevermind it screwed over any new feeder rewards if you happened to have passed that milestone.
  • AwebermanAweberman Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    I mean, it’s more covers in one shot than I’ve ever seen before. So from one perspective it’s truly unprecedented. 

    But if they weren’t going to follow past practice, why not just say so?
  • KGBKGB Posts: 878 Critical Contributor
    It's exactly what was intended. If you go back and re-read ICE's post on how it works it says.

    1) You get 1 cover at 280
    2) You get 100 shards for every other cover milestone already reached (300, 320  etc)
    3) You get any shards on the path to your next milestone (300, 320 etc) so when you reach it you have enough shards for a cover.

    So for a 319 ProfX, you would get 1 cover at 280, 100 shards for passing 300, then all the shard rewards between 301-319 so that at 320 you'd have enough shards for another cover.

    For someone with a max champed 4, you get 1 cover at 280 and 500 shards (100 for each of the other cover milestones).

    This was clearly intended to both give the players feeders for every 5* (like we've asked for) AND to not give out oodles of 5* retro rewards (which is why I assume there have been no feeders assigned to older 4* characters in a long time).

    KGB

  • pheregaspheregas Posts: 1,365 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    KGB said:


    This was clearly intended to both give the players feeders for every 5* (like we've asked for) AND to not give out oodles of 5* retro rewards (which is why I assume there have been no feeders assigned to older 4* characters in a long time).

    KGB

    You misspoke.  They gave out one solitary feeder if your 4* happened to be over level 280, but under 300.  And hopefully it wasn't the cover you had 5 of (in my case, that was three of them.)

    If you are over 300, those shards are forever lost to you.
  • AwebermanAweberman Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Thanks for pointing that out. I was just coming back here to highlight that post. (I hadn’t looked at it again since I originally read it, and it had been edited in the meantime.)
  • BoyWonder1914BoyWonder1914 Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    I get the 5-star feeders now. What I don't understand is why I didn't get any covers/shards for the 4-stars that were added as new secondary rewards for the 3-star characters. 

    If I get a Cable Cover and 100 Cable shards for my Lv 312 4-Clops because this is a new feeder, why don't I get any Emma Frost shards from my Lv. 266 and Lv. 258 3-clops? I never earned any covers or shards for Emma before, so isn't this something that's retroactively given to me? That was DEFINITELY not made clear in Ice's post. 
  • pheregaspheregas Posts: 1,365 Chairperson of the Boards
    I get the 5-star feeders now. What I don't understand is why I didn't get any covers/shards for the 4-stars that were added as new secondary rewards for the 3-star characters. 

    If I get a Cable Cover and 100 Cable shards for my Lv 312 4-Clops because this is a new feeder, why don't I get any Emma Frost shards from my Lv. 266 and Lv. 258 3-clops? I never earned any covers or shards for Emma before, so isn't this something that's retroactively given to me? That was DEFINITELY not made clear in Ice's post. 
    I believe they summed it all up perfectly a few years ago.  "You were supposed to lose."
  • crackninjacrackninja Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
    I just like that we can forget about the customer always being right, or trying to at least acknowledge our position, instead they are openly mocking us for feeling this way.

    I can only imagine how my clients would feel if I did that, and how long I would have a job.
  • KGBKGB Posts: 878 Critical Contributor
    pheregas said:
    KGB said:


    This was clearly intended to both give the players feeders for every 5* (like we've asked for) AND to not give out oodles of 5* retro rewards (which is why I assume there have been no feeders assigned to older 4* characters in a long time).

    KGB

    You misspoke.  They gave out one solitary feeder if your 4* happened to be over level 280, but under 300.  And hopefully it wasn't the cover you had 5 of (in my case, that was three of them.)

    If you are over 300, those shards are forever lost to you.

    Actually I'm pretty sure I didn't misspeak. I said you get 1 cover at 280.

    The lost forever part over 300 is all a matter of perspective. And no, I'm not being a troll. Technically you can't lose what you never had:
    - If they never added new feeders you wouldn't be out anything.
    - You already did get rewards at those levels you would now get shards (CP and an LT). New players miss out on those rewards.
    - You can infinitely wrap around 4* champs by farming. So even a 370 max champ still gets 2 covers (280 and 500 shards) and can earn the L300+ rewards again by farming (slow, but it is possible).

    KGB
  • pheregaspheregas Posts: 1,365 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB said:

    - You already did get rewards at those levels you would now get shards (CP and an LT). New players miss out on those rewards.
    - You can infinitely wrap around 4* champs by farming. So even a 370 max champ still gets 2 covers (280 and 500 shards) and can earn the L300+ rewards again by farming (slow, but it is possible).

    KGB
    To that first point...  By the time my 4* Prof X got to 300, the 5* Prof X did not exist.  So there is now a reward available to those that was not available to me.  And a guaranteed cover at that.  Rather than what was 85% likely to be a 4*.

    To the second...  Wrapping around?  I mean sure.  I could max champ my 4* Prof X, re-roster, re-champ, then gain enough covers to get that next payout (if, of course, it's not a saved cover, in which I would then have to gain another 20 covers to get the 500 shards.)

    But that's like two years off and I'm 6 years into this game and I just don't know if it's worth my time when the 8* meta Celestials are all the rage.
  • TalahamutTalahamut Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    pheregas said:

    But that's like two years off and I'm 6 years into this game and I just don't know if it's worth my time when the 8* meta Celestials are all the rage.
    Please...we know the meta 8* will be Beast (All-New X-Men).
  • TriggerTimeTriggerTime Posts: 61 Match Maker
    I found one of your missing shards, alliance mate!  :)



  • DAZ0273DAZ0273 Posts: 3,592 Chairperson of the Boards
    Y'know if the Devs REALLY want to troll us they could release this character next:





Sign In or Register to comment.