On Retroactive Rewards

Comments

• thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    KGB said:
    The problem now though is that it's not just 5 levels of champ rewards that have changed. It's 15 levels of rewards at the 4* level. So for someone who has a max champ 370 they would be getting:

5 LTs (at the 300, 320 etc levels) plus 60 cp (the other shard replacement of champ rewards) more than someone who just has a L295 or below 4*. That's a LOT of extra resources they got that I am not going to get just because they got there first.

So while I am sympathetic to their loss, it will be no where remotely fair if they get that much extra resources. There should be a claw back of LT's and CP's if those players get awarded more shards. Or those of us who aren't at those levels need double rewards when we do reach them.

Prior feeder updates already benefited veteran players who double dipped the 280/300 etc rewards with extra LT's so at some point that has to stop for fairness sake.

KGB
    The entire meta of this game has been about getting there 1st.

This is more about how much money do they think they are going to loose 
  • BuzzedLightbeer
    BuzzedLightbeer Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    tiomono said:
    This update was very odd. Not always consistent with how champion reward updates have been handled for more than a year. Not even consistent with itself.

My 298 hulk buster gave me 1 rescue cover and 250 shards for rescue which seems consistent. Then I look at my level 300 totally awesome hulk that gave me 1 banner cover and only 100 shards.

I'm just baffled how the devs came to this conclusion as a reward structure. Having 2 extra covers for a character gives me 150 shards less instead of the 400 more that the green checkmark would seem to imply.

See, this example actually furthers my confusion on how this entire system could be deemed appropriate by the devs.  My 305 Hulkbuster gave me the one Rescue cover and then just 100 shards.  I’m much farther away from that second reward cover of Rescue, despite my Hulkbuster being a mere seven levels further along than yours.  It sure doesn’t feel like a “reward” for having earned those few additional HB covers, that’s for sure.  

I’m honestly happy that you and others in your situation haven’t missed out, I just wish that for those of us in situations like mine we had the same opportunity at the second cover.  Sorry you’ve suffered a similar fate with your Awesome Hulk.  I just don’t see how any of this is particularly logical.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    GrimSkald said:
    KGB said:
    The problem now though is that it's not just 5 levels of champ rewards that have changed. It's 15 levels of rewards at the 4* level. So for someone who has a max champ 370 they would be getting:

5 LTs (at the 300, 320 etc levels) plus 60 cp (the other shard replacement of champ rewards) more than someone who just has a L295 or below 4*. That's a LOT of extra resources they got that I am not going to get just because they got there first.

So while I am sympathetic to their loss, it will be no where remotely fair if they get that much extra resources. There should be a claw back of LT's and CP's if those players get awarded more shards. Or those of us who aren't at those levels need double rewards when we do reach them.

Prior feeder updates already benefited veteran players who double dipped the 280/300 etc rewards with extra LT's so at some point that has to stop for fairness sake.

KGB

You are vastly over-valuing LTs and CPs, and under-valuing 5* covers. Speaking for myself, I "lost out" on about 22 covers (I would have gained 32, I gained 10.)  If someone from D3 said to me, "we'll give you those 22 covers, but only if you pay for them in LTs/CP," I would say "yes."  In a heartbeat.  It doesn't matter that all but 3 of those covers are for a character who I'll hardly ever use (1 additional Kitty and 2 additional Prof X covers,) I'd still go for it.  5* covers are worth, more or less, at least 8-10 draws.
    I'll point out that if they continue this retroactive system it will end up biting people very, very hard.  That is to say, by the old system they would complete a 5*, by the new system they will not, and not have any good way to complete that 5* without a ton of resources.  I feel very sure that everyone will be there someday, and it will hurt the 4* players more than 5* players.  4* players can't be certain of covering a 5* without feeders, a consistent 5* player will...
    I'm asking for fairness here, not valuing resources vs covers.

A L370 right now with full retro rewards gives: 6 LT's, 60 CPs (what they earned at the time) plus 1 5* cover and 2500 shards (if they gave out everything as they used to do).

My L279 when max champed will give 1 5* cover and 2500 shards.

See the difference: 6 LT's and 60 CP. That's per character!

All I'm saying is that you and other vets should be given the option to 1 time purchase via customer service (similar to what was done when they ended cover swaps) those shards you missed out on but the price should be the rewards that you got at those champ levels. Otherwise it's vastly unfair to the bulk of the players who aren't double dipping on rewards and who didn't in the past either.

KGB

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    Kgb, I believe that a 370 4* today yielded 1x 5* cover + 500 shards.  Not 2500 shards.

So while they might have 6 lts and ~60 CP, they are short 2k shards.

And 6 lts + 60 CP is, on average, less than 2x 5* covers.
  • marshall
    marshall Posts: 179 Tile Toppler
    @KGB A LT is but 15% of a 5* cover, so about 75 shards each, plus 3 per pull. So considering classic pulls on those 60 cps, that's a grand total of 78 * 9 or 702 shards at best. Most of which would be applied on undesirable characters like Banner.

Besides as a 1600+ day veteran I've missed out on heaps of later benefits, like saved covers. I'd have full 4*d if I were to get back all my wasted covers.

Don't really see how you're the victim here?
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    Someone probably posted something similar already but here goes:

I have almost all the 5's champed.  One that's been lingering is Doom who ended up 5/5/1 with 7 saved covers.  But I have Invisible Woman at 343 and I always thought eventually she might feed him, so I patiently waited for that day to (hopefully, eventually) come.  I figured I could take trading in 3 covers and champ him, or get her to 360, when the time came.

And then the chart got posted and there it was!  Sue will feed Doom!  And wait...shards!  So I imagined taking those shards and finishing him without any waste at all.....it seemed like a massive gift and I could deal with trading in HP and CP for colorless covers....I've been wanting to use him in different events so I figured I'd (try to) wait and see how rewards went before getting too worked up over the HP and CP stuff.

Well, we know how that worked out.  While still trying to figure out the retro rewards after reading a confusing post, I got one actual Doom cover...and 300 shards.  And IW is ONLY 343 so, 4 less random pulls for her over the past 3900 pulls or so, and I'd have gotten a full shard/cover that I could have converted and used some saved if I wanted, or I guess target her and 3 Doom....you get the point.  Instead I now have 8 saved covers and 300 shards for Doom.

I'm both worse off than I expected based on all 25 prior feeder updates, and have more work to do to get a Doom cover thanks to pulling a few too many IWs (for some reason RNG seems to love her on my account) and every time I think about it, it makes me mad and want to throw my phone across the room.  OK, maybe not right now but it sure makes me want to make sure I don't renew VIP or buy a bundle or anything like that.
    This basically describes my situation with Cable. And Storm. And Kitty (almost, I actually expected to be a hundred or so shards short of her last cover).

Uneven builds, a half-dozen saved covers each, and finally a situation that looked like it was going to take care of several of them at once.