missing Shards for new feeders in rollout

Figure it may be seem here before the general chat but my level 370 ice, hulkbuster and prof X each only gave 1 cover and 500 shards to their respective 5*.  Please advise.

Comments

• Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    I just glanced through my four stars and only a few had shards added. For example : Nightcrawler has gained only 100 shards from my level 256 Angel and Kraven has received none from my level 210 Squirrel Girl. 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pretty sure this all correct even if it's disappointing.

The wording in the announcement was that you'd get the L280 cover (which you got) and then 100 shards for every other cover milestone (300, 320 etc). So your max champ gives 1 cover and 500 shards.

KGB
  • pezse
    pezse Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    edited December 2019
    KGB said:

The wording in the announcement was that you'd get the L280 cover (which you got) and then 100 shards for every other cover milestone (300, 320 etc). So your max champ gives 1 cover and 500 shards.

KGB
    Maybe there is a chance that's a bug not a feature. I've got 350 shards for 5*Storm by lvl 299 Thor. It seems as expected: 100 at lvl 295, 150 at lvl 298 plus a bonus per 250 shard milestone. But she's the only one: PX,Cable, Rescue got only 100 each however their new feeders above lvl 300. I think I open a ticket.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB said:

KGB
    If this is the case this completely sucks.  I had a couple of 5* characters just needing feeders to finish them to champion level and now because I have a strong 4* roster will have to list theses characters for future shards.  I am now short a cover for Rescue Which I really did not want to list as a bonus hero since she is so bad.

• KGB
    edited December 2019
    pezse said:
    KGB said:

KGB
    Maybe there is a chance that's a bug not a feature. I've got 350 shards for 5*Storm by lvl 299 Thor. It seems as expected: 100 at lvl 295, 150 at lvl 298 plus a bonus per 250 shard milestone. But she's the only one: PX,Cable, Rescue got only 100 each however their new feeders above lvl 300. I think I open a ticket.
    Nope, your 299 Thor is correct with 350.

All the others over 300 AND < 316 (where you start getting shards for the 320 reward) should just get 100 shards. Their reasoning is that you already got the old rewards for 296/298/300 which were LT/CP/HP so you just get 100 more shards (in other words 100 HP, + 4CP + 1 LT + 100 shards = 500 shards in their mind).

They are absolutely not retroactively handing out enough shards for cover points you already passed by (300 in your case).

KGB
  • gidder
    gidder Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    a question: i got the "shards" yesterday but also have the feeling i´m missing something. 
    this morning  i got 2 covers for my championed 3*gambit, which is lvl 220 now. i got 100 shards for rogue on lvl 219 and 65 shards for dazzler.

on lvl 183 i already got 1 cover for rogue, but that hasnt changed, so ok. 

in total, dazzler now has 65 shards on her list and rogue 200 (lvl 215 and 219). 
    shouldnt dazzler have "more" shards? like also the ones i´ve "missed"?
  • KGB
    It was stated somewhere in the big thread on the Reward Updates that 3*s who feed a 2nd 4* would not get any retroactive shards for the 2nd 4*. So your 3* Gambit would not earn any retro shards for Dazzler. That's why you started with 0 extra shards on Dazzler.

You've since leveled up Gambit to 220 and gotten the 65 shard award for Dazzler.

Yes, it's confusing and yes, they should have had specific examples for 3* with who feed 1 and 2 4* along with 4* who feed 5* etc.

KGB