It should be 1-star rating on the store December

Colognoisseur
Colognoisseur Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
In the entire six years there have been firestorms on this forum. For every threat of any action the players could take. There was only one time when the devs got out and made a response.
it was when there was a forum player threat to rate the game 1-star on the appropriate App Store.
You want to do something as a group I think that is what will get their attention.

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    In the entire six years there have been firestorms on this forum. For every threat of any action the players could take. There was only one time when the devs got out and made a response.
    it was when there was a forum player threat to rate the game 1-star on the appropriate App Store.
    You want to do something as a group I think that is what will get their attention.
    Can't we do all of the above?  Stop spending, post grumpily here on the forums and at Reddit, etc, and lower app store ratings, AND initiate clawbacks for recent purchases?
  • Colognoisseur
    Of course you can do whatever you like that you feel appropriate. I’m just saying all those other things have been done. Including a couple of epic claw backs. None of those got even a response. The one time the idea of en masse rating of the game 1-star was floated there was a quick response.
    Time to see what happens if we follow through. I have had the game at 1-star for the last eighteen months because of their lack of responsiveness.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    I went to change my rating to 1* and realized I had never actually rated the game, despite being a daily player for 2,106 days.

And today's roll-out brought in my first 1* rating ever!  It's now official!
  • Basepuzzler
    Basepuzzler Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    I’m going to do the same
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    A 1* rating is like your parent(s) being disappointed in you. Don't think it makes a lot of difference. 
  • Vhailorx
    Dogface said:
    A 1* rating is like your parent(s) being disappointed in you. Don't think it makes a lot of difference. 
    You might feel differently if your very existence depended in large part upon your visibility in the various app stores, which in turn is driven by ratings.
  • Dogface
    Another would be to stop spending. However, a lot of people never even spend to begin with.

My last deliberate Steam purchase was Nick Fury's Doomsday Plan when it was on sale in December 2017. I was left with €1,75. Just recently a Bugle Pittance was changed from €1,99 to €1,59, so I bought that. €0,16 left, yeah.

So my spending isn't really making a difference here...
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Done...
  • chris0001
    chris0001 Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    On iOS the game rating has went from a 4.8 to a 4.6 since update went live. I bet a lot of the 5* ratings don’t even play the game anymore.
  • AlexNapalm
    AlexNapalm Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    1 star review posted. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    Play Store is down to 4.4
  • Colognoisseur
    beautiful Just like a sell off in the stock market just watch the numbers drop.
  • Dogface
    Vhailorx said:
    Dogface said:
    You might feel differently if your very existence depended in large part upon your visibility in the various app stores, which in turn is driven by ratings.
    Assuming this is true, what if the drop in rating would result in the game folding? 
  • captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 236 Tile Toppler
    I can't find a way to leave a rating.  Does that mean I've already left one?  Can I change it?  

(It will definitely be changed to 1* if I can do it.  The devs had a choice to reward those who have stuck with the game for a long time and instead slap us in the face.)
  • elko90
    elko90 Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Just did it
  • AlexNapalm
    AlexNapalm Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Dogface said:
    Vhailorx said:
    Dogface said:
    Assuming this is true, what if the drop in rating would result in the game folding? 
    I'd just find something else to do. 

• Vhailorx
    Huh, it's almost like collective action by the playerbase as a whole (or at least a large portion of the playerbase) can prompt swift action from the devs. . .
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Done and posted to my ally to do the same.  
  • zonatahunt
    zonatahunt Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    I’ve never rated an app........before now.  MPQ has earned a 1.