Discord

chris0001
chris0001 Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
So I’m curious is Discord the “new official forum”. Developers seem to say things and answer there but not in the official forum?  @Demiurge_Anthony @IceIX @Demiurge_Will

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think whether they like it or not it is now considered an official channel because it is going to be shared, quoted and head scratched at. Y'all better go sign up.
  • jkzl
    jkzl Posts: 85 Match Maker
    they did try to fend off the masses by saying there'd be an update in the forums as they're the official channel of communication...so maybe eventually it'll happen?
  • Dangue
    Dangue Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Can anyone share a link to the discord chat?
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    chris0001 said:
    So I’m curious is Discord the “new official forum”. Developers seem to say things and answer there but not in the official forum?  @Demiurge_Anthony @IceIX @Demiurge_Will
    My understanding since at least late 2017 has been that Discord is not an "official" comm channel, but that Demi employees were known to appear on at least a few discord channels (e.g. PW3) and provide info about MPQ far more often than they ever show up here on the d3 forums.
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    You get way more info over there and way sooner than it ever shows up here
  • chris0001
    chris0001 Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    You get way more info over there and way sooner than it ever shows up here
    Seems that way.... dev team doing double duty there and nothing on this “the official forum” for the game!
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    Dangue said:
    Can anyone share a link to the discord chat?
    @Dangue

https://discordapp.com/invite/014MgUwumeN8Q0Rnl
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    chris0001 said:
    Discord is a channel of communication open for anyone to check out.  We post game announcements here in the forums first before they are passed along to other communication channels like Discord, Reddit, social, etc.  Any lag in communication in the forum may be due to time zone differences but the team tries to be responsive as possible in the forums at the start of the work day (Pacific Time Zone).
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 497 Mover and Shaker
    LakeStone said:
    chris0001 said:
    Discord is a channel of communication open for anyone to check out.  We post game announcements here in the forums first before they are passed along to other communication channels like Discord, Reddit, social, etc.  Any lag in communication in the forum may be due to time zone differences but the team tries to be responsive as possible in the forums at the start of the work day (Pacific Time Zone).
    I emphasized the bit that may be technically true. However, lots of other, relevant information leaks over here from Discord. I can likely google up some comments if you need examples. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    LakeStone said:
    chris0001 said:
    I emphasized the bit that may be technically true. However, lots of other, relevant information leaks over here from Discord. I can likely google up some comments if you need examples. 
    I defintely have to agree with this. Far more explanations over there I see about the last 24 hours than here and basically a "We have a publisher to deal with you guys" observation from the game developers (not gonna name names) which means don't expect a direct response here from those who program the game. Which is fine but might not endear anyone, especially since we lost Brigby on the community relationship side who I think would have been invaluable in firefighting this stuff. There is lots of jolly banter there though so nobody should think it is some evil secret cult or something. Discord also tends to kind'a look down on the forums (even via regulars here which always makes me scratch my head!) as though it is the mutant child that you keep in the basement and just wish you didn't have to take a meal 3 times a day. Unfortunately though - the mutant child is the official place to discuss stuff so I guess we have to wait until they wipe off the dribble and pull up the basement hatch and put a bow tie on the forum so it is fit to see what happens next "officially". If anything. 😃