Your Champ Rewards haul

2»

Comments

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    I got 23 rewards in total, of which 8 were a 5* cover. Furthermore 400 El4ktra shards (thus, a cover), and some more shards for various characters.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    5* Covers (1 each)
    Archangel
    Cable
    Doc Doom
    Gambit
    Hela 
    Iceman
    Kitty
    Prof5
    Rescue
    Storm
    Hulk

5* Shards
    Capt Marvel   150+100
    Doc Doom     150+(3x100)
    Kitty                150+(2x100)
    Silver Surfer   150+100
    Archangel        3x100
    Cable               3x100
    Gambit             3x100
    Hawkeye         100
    Iceman            100
    Prof5               100
    Rescue            2x100
    Silver Surfer     100
    Spidey BiB       100
    Storm               2x100
    Hulk                 100

Not too many 3 or 4* shards...
  • Dogface
    I guess I'm lucky to not have any 4* above lvl 300. 
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    I really don’t think this update went through properly.  For my Rescue I have IM at level 361 and should have received 1 rescue cover and 1500 shards.  I only got 500 shards.

i also have every 3* max championed and some 2x max championed yet I did not get one 4* cover with shards.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    wymtime said:
    I really don’t think this update went through properly.  For my Rescue I have IM at level 361 and should have received 1 rescue cover and 1500 shards.  I only got 500 shards.
    500 shards is what you get for a max-champed 4-star. Did you not get a cover at all?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got a Cable, Storm, Gambit, Doom, Prof X, Iceman and a Rescue I think. I got some shards but really I don't understand what was what or what I was expecting - I did get 350 Cable shards and I don't quite know why that is? I guess My Cyclops must have slotted in somewhere in a sweet spot or something.
  • Dogface
    edited December 2019
    From the post on Champ rewards (don't know if this info was there when the thread was started though)

Now we have an exception! Some 4-Stars gained a new Champion reward! For these characters, you will gain the Cover reward at 280 if it has been reached. Then, you will gain the same rewards as detailed above for the current level of your Champion. In addition, you will gain 100 Shards per 250 Shard milestone you have passed. Meaning that if you have a level 317 Professor X (Charles Xavier), you will gain the 280 Cover, 100 Shards from having passed 315 where you are currently working towards a cover, and a bonus 100 Shards from having passed 300.

TLDR, if you would have missed Shards towards a cover but *haven’t yet received that cover in full*, you’ll get those Shards. So if you would have been working towards a cover before and now you’re working toward Shards, you’ll have the Shards up till then to equal the cover. As before, this also means that if you’ve gotten Shards from elsewhere, you’ll be even further on with snagging another cover!

So, anyone with a champed 4* would get (in case of a new feeder) one cover (from lvl 280) and 100 shards for the 250 shards milestones (those are at 300, 320, 340, 360 and 360; 5 milestones * 100 shards = 500 shards).

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    That info seems to have been added over night between Monday and Tuesday.  To the extent that it provides details, rather than creating more ambiguity, it appears to be accurate, although there are some reports of anomalies.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,528 Chairperson of the Boards
    43 rewards:

10 x 5* covers (Archangel, Cable, Doom, Gambit, Iceman, Kitty, Prof X, Rescue, Storm, Hulk)
    5 x 150 shards (Archangel, BeardCap, Marvel, Ghost Rider, Parker)
    12 x 100 shards (Archangel x2, Marvel, Doom, Strange, Ghost Rider, Goblin, Prof X x2, Rescue, Surfer, Parker)

11 x 100 shards (Gwenpool, Invisible Woman x2, Hulkbuster, Luke Cage x2, Moon Knight, Quake, Sam Wilson x2, Punisher)

5 x 100 shards (Marvel, Daken, Torch, Ragnarok, Spidey)
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    the way the 3*->4* shards worked is if you were straddling the rewards just prior to what used to be a full cover, you got exactly the previous rewards towards the cover you're on. So for instance I have D3adpool at 263, and I received the 255 and 259 shard rewards towards X Force Deadpool (200). However for some reason i did not recieve any shards towards Domino, the secondary 4*, that appear between those two levels (260 is 105 shards for Domino). Nor did I get any of the earlier-in-the-tree rewards towards either character. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, that felt kinda off from what I was expecting. On the plus side, all the Covers that I did get for un-champed Characters were usable, and only one wasn't in (one of) the lowest colours for that Character. And that one was for Banner, so not a whole lot of caring about it ;)
  • Talahamut
    Talahamut Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    And here I was getting excited for all this last week, thinking I'd finally get the covers to champ those older unfinished 5*s. I guess I should've read the fine print more carefully rather than expecting retro rewards like we got in the past.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    Talahamut said:
    And here I was getting excited for all this last week, thinking I'd finally get the covers to champ those older unfinished 5*s. I guess I should've read the fine print more carefully rather than expecting retro rewards like we got in the past.
    They didn't give us the details until the middle of the night in the US yesterday, about 8 hours before it went live.  And it was....well, we weren't sure if we were getting **** for having 300+  toons or if we were misreading it.

LOTS of people spent money and broke hoards building their toons over levels to "double dip"....based on assumptions they would follow past practices.

It was NOT clearly communicated so you didn't mis read anything, they either didn't post until the last minute because they were arguing about the implementation or because they were trying to hide the bad news until it was too late to push back on it.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2019
    5* off the top of my head: Banner, Storm, Professor X, Gambit, Iceman, Rescue
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    Talahamut said:
    They didn't give us the details until the middle of the night in the US yesterday, about 8 hours before it went live.  And it was....well, we weren't sure if we were getting tinykitty for having 300+  toons or if we were misreading it.

LOTS of people spent money and broke hoards building their toons over levels to "double dip"....based on assumptions they would follow past practices.

It was NOT clearly communicated so you didn't mis read anything, they either didn't post until the last minute because they were arguing about the implementation or because they were trying to hide the bad news until it was too late to push back on it.
    I'm going with the second option. They knew this wasn't gonna be well received, so they held off on the update as late as possible, but also *specifically* until the Hero Points sale was finished. 

Then when they *did* update the post it was purposely vague and confusing to obfuscate just how tight-fisted it really was. I mean, we were arguing about what rewards we were expecting to receive until we actually received them. Heck, we're still arguing about it in some ways. 
  • Southside84
    Southside84 Posts: 93 Match Maker
    edited December 2019
    16 rewards all shards.  I didn't expect covers for the max champed 3s, but I did think I was going to get flooded with secondary shards and mighty tokens.  Disappointed, slightly.   Will it alter how I feel about the game itself, not at all.
  • Tarelgeth
    Tarelgeth Posts: 67 Match Maker
    All shards.  Almost none of which were for characters I ever intend to focus.

In other words, absolutely worthless ****.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got a 5* cover for all of the new 5*s that I have a 4* feeder for at 280. And I think I got some shards for Elektra and XF Wolvie. So, to sum it up for my retroactive "rewards", I went in thinking I would get a nice big Toblerone, aka food of the gods, and some of those delicious chocolate oranges or at least one of those gourmet sausages or a bucket of popcorn that stores sell up front as gifts for the holidays but instead I got my aunt's gift-wrapped dried up fruitcake that someone stepped on. Yay.