No Spend December starts NOW

Comments

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    Gee, thanks for giving me 1/5 of the covers I would have gotten under the old feeder system in shards.

I shall express my gratitude in the best way I know how.
    They're slowly conditioning us to run in fear when an HP sale occurs.
  • AndiTi
    AndiTi Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    It's just devastating.

I was actually very hopeful after this announcement. The one-time boost in rewards was really something I looked forward to, and thought it was exactly the thing needed to turn the opinion on shards (including mine) around. 

Instead I feel like I got less than half of what was implied. And certainly not the parts I was really looking forward to. For example, all my sharded heroes are around trying to complete my Th5nos. I was excited to think that my G4mora was high enough at 305 to earn a cover for him through shards. After all, retroactive rewards work when they convert LTs to covers, why not for this too? 

Nope.

I was JUST getting to the point of being willing to spend after Professor $. I don't think December is enough. I think I'm done spending for a very long time.

• crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    I was in until I saw that sweet $25 mysterio offer...
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    If only they had put in some Talos covers to put it over the top!
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:
    If only they had put in some Talos covers to put it over the top!
    Nope!  They went out of their way to exclude Talos (and every other secondary feeder.)
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah Talos is far too valuable now to include in such a bargain offering, stop asking for so much
  • Wilger
    Wilger Posts: 94 Match Maker
    bluewolf said:
    Gee, thanks for giving me 1/5 of the covers I would have gotten under the old feeder system in shards.

I shall express my gratitude in the best way I know how.

started 4 years ago already
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    I got 8 5* in one time. I'm not complaining. I'd need a considerable hoard to get such numbers.
  • jkzl
    jkzl Posts: 85 Match Maker
    and he did apologize, and ask for examples.  maybe it was to save face.  but at least he tried.

meanwhile, we were all told on the pw3 discord that forums were the official communication space and that we'd get info soon.  that was a few hours ago, so...yeah.
  • IIAlonditeII
    IIAlonditeII Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    who runs the Stark buy rooms?  I need some HP
    Good luck finding them. I know a lot of the players formerly running / participating are not happy about this at all.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pfft, you no spend noobs. I haven't spent money in about 1940 days. (On 2146)
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    cute, i stopped spending when they nerfed vision. 

but don't mind me, I'm just here to see the world burn... 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    Honest question, can I clawback a 2 dollar purchase? That’s all I spend and it’s obviously not a lot of money, but it’s the principal. I don’t know where to go to request a refund, but they can have their HP back. 
  • shinnaruto
    shinnaruto Posts: 60 Match Maker
    I am hearing the Google Play store or Apple store
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    My understanding is that clawbacks could result in a banning. I’d be careful with that.

Not that I disagree, just saying.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    Honest question, can I clawback a 2 dollar purchase? That’s all I spend and it’s obviously not a lot of money, but it’s the principal. I don’t know where to go to request a refund, but they can have their HP back. 
    Usually, the app platform handles clawbacks (so app store, Google play, or steam, etc).  You would have to check the platform-specific terms to learn exactly what requirements you will have to meet.  If that process fails, you may also have some recourse via your pay service provider (e.g. a credit card company or PayPal) based on their terms & conditions.  In the US, consumer protections for credit card purchases are actually decent.  But there is a big caveat, which is that the app platforms HATE credit card clawbacks and going with this route can burn some bridges (e.g., I think that if you try this on the PlayStation store, you might win your claim and get your money back, but Sony will also terminate your PSN account), so caveat emptor. . .