No Spend December starts NOW

bluewolf
bluewolf Posts: 5,245 Chairperson of the Boards
Gee, thanks for giving me 1/5 of the covers I would have gotten under the old feeder system in shards.

I shall express my gratitude in the best way I know how.

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    Have they confirmed (in discord) that a max champed 4* feeder will get only 1 cover + 500 5* shards?
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Have they confirmed (in discord) that a max champed 4* feeder will get only 1 cover + 500 5* shards?
    They appear to have confirmed it in-game now!

Yes, no spend December would be a good response from the playerbase, it if could be organized into a large enough action.
  • killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 577 Critical Contributor
    who runs the Stark buy rooms?  I need some HP
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    who runs the Stark buy rooms?  I need some HP
    Ah, solidarity. . .
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love this idea. 
  • HoundofShadow
    I think it's too early to jump to conclusion  until they've said so. They will be facing a huge backlash if they ignore this (a new 4* feeder getting only 1 cover and 500 shards).
  • killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 577 Critical Contributor
    I think it's too early to jump to conclusion  until they've said so. They will be facing a huge backlash if they ignore this (a new 4* feeder getting only 1 cover and 500 shards).

Jump to conclusions?  HA HA HA...so we should not believe our own eyes?  Too early for that?
  • HoundofShadow
    The optimistic me says that there are scripting errors or they are doing batch updates.   :D

If I remember correctly, shards gained for the same characters are not combined together, instead they are separated.

I think they will post an update within the next 8 hours.

• AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    oh, how I wish you’re right. I doubt it. I really do but it would be nice if there were some chunk of light on the horizon. 

Hyperbole notwithstanding the comms here have been poor. Why I would expect anything different given the track record is beyond me but, hope springs eternal. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,245 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    IF the rewards are not fully completed, and there is some massive number of shards to come, then I will remove the post.  Simple.

But I think we got what we are getting.

EDIT:  Confirmed as final rewards......people can do what they want with their money but I know what I'm doing.
  • captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    I'm up for VIP renewal in a few days.  Definitely not renewing for now, maybe never.

I am also regretting the $50 purchase I made a few weeks ago.

• supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    I‘m in for no longer spending. I stopped paying for VIP already for the past 12 months because of missing attention to obvious UI shortcomings (also, looking at you, Mindless Ones). I bought into HfH offers and HP packs, but that‘ll stop now.

D3 needs to stop being so stingy and overpriced for virtual rewards. Hoarding for 1 year to stay in the meta is terrible return of interest. I blame my addictive collectors personality thats keeping me here :-D
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,488 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    The optimistic me says that there are scripting errors or they are doing batch updates.   :D

If I remember correctly, shards gained for the same characters are not combined together, instead they are separated.

I think they will post an update within the next 8 hours.

I think this is what they intended.  What Ice posted on the retroactive updates was confusing, but seems to support what we got.  That is to say, retroactive shards are much, much less than what you would get if you hit them organically.  This is the relevant part:

IceIX said:
    Some 4-Stars gained a new Champion reward! For these characters, you will gain the Cover reward at 280 if it has been reached. Then, you will gain the same rewards as detailed above for the current level of your Champion. In addition, you will gain 100 Shards per 250 Shard milestone you have passed. Meaning that if you have a level 317 Professor X (Charles Xavier), you will gain the 280 Cover, 100 Shards from having passed 315 where you are currently working towards a cover, and a bonus 100 Shards from having passed 300.
    TLDR, if you would have missed Shards towards a cover but *haven’t yet received that cover in full*, you’ll get those Shards. So if you would have been working towards a cover before and now you’re working toward Shards, you’ll have the Shards up till then to equal the cover. As before, this also means that if you’ve gotten Shards from elsewhere, you’ll be even further on with snagging another cover!
    This is a lot to digest, but we’re excited to bring this massive update to Champion Rewards to the game *this week*, and for players to start getting more Tokens and Shards for their additional covers they’re adding to their characters!

I'm... not happy, and in fact pretty pissed. This is a significant change from the way they've done retroactive rewards in the past, and I'm severely annoyed about it. We'll see what they've done and how I feel when my VIP runs out, but right now I'm not inclined to spend on this game.
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    I might be extending No Spend December to No Spend 2020 at this rate
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2019
    By a delightful coincidence my VIP expires today.

Edited just in case there's any ambiguity: I'm not renewing it.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looks like I'll probably be letting my VIP expire. Feel like a fool for buying an Asgard Treasure during the sale; only redeeming quality was most of it was covered by a gift card. 

Well, at least we can all join Hound in not paying for the game. $100 for a costume? Totally reasonable and in no way illogical or absurd! I'm not paying for it and never will, so who cares? 

With any luck, game will shut down by this time next year and give us sweet, blessed relief. 
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Stop whining. Right devs??? 😂 
  • furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    They refuse to fix bugs that are years old and keep slapping us in the face with **** like this. 

RISE UP