Thousand-Year Storm and adventures [Investigating]

madwren
madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards

FYI, Adventures and TYS don't seem to play well. This probably shouldn't surprise us.

Two occurrences:

TYS and Brazen Borrower // Petty Theft:  PT is a bounce. Borrower is a creature, no special abilities.  Casting Petty Theft causes the spell portion to recur with TYS. The BB tries to return to your hand, doesn't, and disappears off the side of the screen. It doesn't go to graveyard or exile.  You can access and presumably use the TYS copies of PT, but if you flip it to the BB side, it will not let you close the card back into your hand.

That one's minor (and probably "as intended"). 

However, the weird one was TYS and Murderous Rider//Swift End.  Swift End kills a creature or vanguard. Rider's text says that when it dies, it returns to the bottom of the owner's library. Casting Swift End causes the spell portion to recur with TYS, but the creature version doesn't know what to do with itself. When it does the "disappear off the side of the screen", it instead puts itself into play and then does a continual loop where it tries to reinforce itself. Notedly, it fails—it got to 8/10 (which matches the number of TYS copies made of the spell) and then every subsequent reinforcement wasn't counted. Eventually the LPS kicked in, but ending the loop froze the game.

//Edited Title - Tombstone

Comments

• ssenillis
    ssenillis Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Queen of Ice is even better.  When you play the returned creature, you get an infinite loop of it attempting to reinforce, but not actually reinforcing.  The LCS will stop it, but the game is frozen afterwards.

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Based on the (numerous) posts I'm seeing here, it seems like casting the spell side of an adventure card fails miserably if you try to copy the spell.

You would think this would have been tested already since there is literally a card that copies adventure spells in the set, but sadly it appears it was not and they all cause crashes *sigh*
  • Azerack
    Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Also just saw this loop/freeze for Merfolk Secretkeeper while playing Blue Vantress challenge...
    Hand was maxed out, Mermaid spell played, then Mermaid kept repeatedly trying to reinforce until loop prevention, then the game froze when I stopped the loop.
    Just a note, I also had the Lucky Clover out, so that probably didn't help, either.

• Windy
    Windy Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Had the same with stopping a different loop, also froze when activating the LPS.... 
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thank you for the reports. I'll pass this along to the team for review.