R192: Champion Rewards Updates

Comments

• abenness
    abenness Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    @abenness I didn't read it that way at all. I read it as, 4* with new 5* rewards will give out the cover from 280 and every Shard you would have earned up to the current level PLUS 100 bonus Shards for every milestone you've reached. So, by my understanding, my 344 Rogue will give me 1 Gambit cover, 1500 progression based Shards and 300 milestone bonus Shards.
    4* with existing 5* rewards will only give you Shards if you have passed an XX6 or XX8 milestone without reaching the next cover milestone. So, my 348 Sandman,318 Wolverine and 318 Drax should all earn me 250 Shards towards their 5*.

From the announcement (not sure how to double-quote):

“In addition, you will gain 100 Shards per 250 Shard milestone you have passed. Meaning that if you have a level 317 Professor X (Charles Xavier), you will gain the 280 Cover, 100 Shards from having passed 315 where you are currently working towards a cover, and a bonus 100 Shards from having passed 300.”

The 250 share milestones mentioned are at the levels 300, 320, 340, 350, 360 where a “traditional” 5* cover would have been awarded. So you get 100 shards bonus at those levels.

344 Rogue will give you 1 cover and 3x100 shards for Gambit.

This is better than what I first thought, but not as generous as what you describe. Equivalent of 2 covers (1 cover and 500 shards) for a max-champ 4*

• AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    I’m quite disappointed with the way shards are being rewarded retroactively. I assumed my level 310ish cyclops would award 1 cable cover and 500 shards (to make up for the cover I would have got at 300). It seems I’ll actually get 1 cover (presumably a blue, which by chance is unusable) and 100 shards. That seems a bit stingy to me. 

I was expecting this to be a hit of a bonanza where shards rained down, like snow, at Christmas time giving the player base that warm seasonal feeling. That would have looked generous, engendered goodwill from a (seemingly jaded) forum and created the conditions under which people would spend more HP on filling their partially filled character shard bars. It feels like a missed opportunity if I’m honest. There are enough slightly OCD types (myself included) around here who would be looking for a chance to acquire these shards or those shards for another level or a nice round number of shards. That would have let them push out targeted holiday bundles and monetised the shard shop even more. Everyone’s a winner, or not. Not, clearly. 
  • Freelancer
    Freelancer Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Also from the announcement.
    IceIX said:

At the same time, for 4-Star characters that are receiving all-new rewards, we want to ensure that players receive those rewards for the level they have reached.

I'll agree it does seem to contradict the example you quoted. Hopefully it was just a tired @IceIX mistake, as I'm sure the 315 in their example should be a 316 too.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    From what I understand there are also no retroactive secondary shard payouts for 3* either, so you wont be getting anything towards the new 4's fed by 3's for all your max champed 3's. So for those who were hoping they would also get enough shards to complete one 4* cover for the new secondary feeders (and be on the way to the next one) from retroactive rewards sadly not gonna be the case.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    They have gone full on Christmas Scrooge. I might have to request a name change to Tiny Tim.
  • marshall
    marshall Posts: 179 Tile Toppler
    We're getting 2 5* covers for a 360 level 4*...

... while also losing out on heaps of rewards for other characters. All this in order to screw over, what, 1% of the player base?

• DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    I read things like @Freelancer
    Maybe IceX's quotes were a bit confusing but I think for a new feeder we'll get all the previous progression shards plus the small shard bonus for passing levels 300, 320, 340, 350, 360.

For a new feeder like Prof. X, I understand that a 340 level Prof X should give you 1 cover (for lv 280) + enough progression shards for 3 covers (1500 shards) + 300 bonus shards (for levels 300, 320 and 340)

For an old feeder, when we already got the covers, we should only receive the smal shard bonus

Anyway, the update should happen soon now and will end this uncertainty!
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards

I'm trying to parse the example for what would happen for the hypothetical level 317 Professor X.  If I'm understanding it right, the retroactive rewards would be:

1. Level 280: 5* cover
    2. Level 296: 100 shards
    3. Level 298: 150 shards
    4. Level 300: 250 shards
    5. Level 316: 100 shards
    6. 100 bonus shards for passing level 300

... for a total of 1 cover and 700 shards for 5* Prof X.

If I'm understanding things right, it would be a bit different for a character that already rewarded 5* covers.  If we were instead talking about a level 317 Vulture, we'd instead receive:

1. Level 316: 100 shards
    2. 100 bonus shards for passing level 300

... for a total of 200 shards.  No retroactive rewards would be given out for levels 280-300 since the equivalent covers from the old scheme have already been redeemed.  We'd still get the 100 shard bonus though because we'd passed a 250 shard milestone.

If that's an accurate description of what happens, then it seems fair.  I am kind of curious what will happen with max champed 3* characters that now secondary 4* rewards: would we receive the 600 shards for the secondary character?

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards

jamesh said:

If that's an accurate description of what happens, then it seems fair.  I am kind of curious what will happen with max champed 3* characters that now secondary 4* rewards: would we receive the 600 shards for the secondary character?

Jungle drum beats to the sound of "No" from what I hear.
  • Vins2
    Vins2 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    I await to see which is the actual reward path they take.  Thank goodness it's the offseason, because I feel like that stingy option may just break my will. 
  • Razuhlui
    Razuhlui Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    edited December 2019

IceIX said:

Retroactive Updates

Update! I promised you information on how the retroactive rewards would work, and I’m here to deliver! For those of whom are familiar with the normal process when we change Champion rewards, the rewards are going to be done a bit differently this time around. We would like to ensure that players who are progressing towards a power level will continue to have that progress. At the same time, for 4-Star characters that are receiving all-new rewards, we want to ensure that players receive those rewards for the level they have reached.

[...]

Now we have an exception! Some 4-Stars gained a new Champion reward! For these characters, you will gain the Cover reward at 280 if it has been reached. Then, you will gain the same rewards as detailed above for the current level of your Champion. 

Seams to be all new 4* Feeders, would gain their full Shards.
    In addition, you will gain 100 Shards per 250 Shard milestone you have passed. Meaning that if you have a level 317 Professor X (Charles Xavier), you will gain the 280 Cover, 100 Shards from having passed 315 where you are currently working towards a cover, and a bonus 100 Shards from having passed 300.
    All 4* Feeders will gain in addition 100 Shards per 250 milestone
    This example is mabye a bad one, cause ProfX is yet to become a feeder.
    TLDR, if you would have missed Shards towards a cover but *haven’t yet received that cover in full*, you’ll get those Shards. So if you would have been working towards a cover before and now you’re working toward Shards, you’ll have the Shards up till then to equal the cover. As before, this also means that if you’ve gotten Shards from elsewhere, you’ll be even further on with snagging another cover!
    Here is written in short all new ones will get their full shards
  • Reecoh
    Reecoh Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2019
    maltyo9 said:

While it may pain some to see so many of us point out the flaws in this new system, there is only one way for us to voice our displeasure (or praise, in the case of some), and it is on this forum.
    The other way is with your wallet.
  • wade9633
    wade9633 Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    In addition, you will gain 100 Shards per 250 Shard milestone you have passed. Meaning that if you have a level 317 Professor X (Charles Xavier), you will gain the 280 Cover, 100 Shards from having passed 315 where you are currently working towards a cover, and a bonus 100 Shards from having passed 300.
    IceIX
    Are 3* characters same as 4*s? For example, a player has a level 225 Blade will gain a bonus 100 Shards from having passed 223.

• Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    jamesh said:

I'm trying to parse the example for what would happen for the hypothetical level 317 Professor X.  If I'm understanding it right, the retroactive rewards would be:

1. Level 280: 5* cover
    2. Level 296: 100 shards
    3. Level 298: 150 shards
    4. Level 300: 250 shards
    5. Level 316: 100 shards
    6. 100 bonus shards for passing level 300

... for a total of 1 cover and 700 shards for 5* Prof X.

If I'm understanding things right, it would be a bit different for a character that already rewarded 5* covers.  If we were instead talking about a level 317 Vulture, we'd instead receive:

1. Level 316: 100 shards
    2. 100 bonus shards for passing level 300

... for a total of 200 shards.  No retroactive rewards would be given out for levels 280-300 since the equivalent covers from the old scheme have already been redeemed.  We'd still get the 100 shard bonus though because we'd passed a 250 shard milestone.

This is my understanding as well. And from the 2* examples they used you get all the shards retroactively just not covers if they were already rewarded.