Efficient champ leveling pre-R192

Options
Vhailorx
Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
This is a thread to create a consolidated list for doiblong up on champ leveling before the rewards swap.

For each tier there are a few levels where you could level up now to get some soon-to-be-absent cp/hp now, and theoretically double dip when R192 goes love.  Here are the major ones that I have identified so far.  Please feel free to add anything I have missed.

2*s

Level 107 -(extra 10-50HP depending on how the retroactive rewards work)
Level 119 - extra 50HP

3*s

Level 207 - 50HP
Level 215 - 4cp
Level 219 - 100HP
Level 243 - 100HP
Level 255 - 10cp

4*s

Level 280, 300, 320, etc - extra LT for any 4* becoming a feeder
Levels 296, 298, etc - additional cp

Comments

• BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The retroactive awards are only going to be the shards that we would have otherwise "missed" though right? For example my Lv. 335 Gamora is only going to get the Thano5 shards that I would have gotten at 296/298/300/316/318/320, they're not going to reward me the black cover I got at 280, or the CP/HP/Iso that I've already earned. I've love to be wrong, which I'm sure you can imagine, but I just feel like they wouldn't be THAT generous, even considering what we're already getting. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As far as I know we don't know how retroactive rewards work.  I'm assuming we'll get only net new shards (aka 4* characters with 2 sets would get the new set, but if you got a cover, you won't also get the shards for that level) and the new mighty tokens.  But that's a guess.
  • Vhailorx
    Options
    Bottom line is we don't know exactly how retroactive rewards will apply.  In the past, the rewards updates have been a 1:1 swap of covers for LTs.  And if you had already gotten the LT, it didn't get rolled back when you also got your covers.

Using that model, if the old reward for a level was HP, CP, or LTs/covers, and is now shards, it seems a decent bet that you will get the new shards,  but won't lose the old rewards.  So those were the levels I tried to identify.

I would be thrilled, however, if Demi wants to provide more details on the process here or elsewhere.
  • broll
    Options
    I believe they are trying to get a post out explaining it today.
  • bowla33
    bowla33 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    If character was already a feeder, you get nothing..That's the explained Discord piece. 

and yes, supposed to be a post today explaining all of it. When today is relative to your country and time zone, TBD.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    Options
    bowla33 said:
    If character was already a feeder, you get nothing..That's the explained Discord piece. 

and yes, supposed to be a post today explaining all of it. When today is relative to your country and time zone, TBD.
    Nothing at all, or do you get the new shard-based rewards for levels that used to be covers and have now been broken down into 3 dollops of shards?
  • broll
    Options
    bowla33 said:

Nothing at all, or do you get the new shard-based rewards?
    My understanding is nothing.  Since the amount of shards you would have gotten is equivalent to the cover you already got they won't be giving you a double-dip.  But if they added a new feeder or a second feeder you would get those new rewards.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Hm. I hope you get at least the shards that overwrote the CP at 296/298, since that is largely equivalent to us getting a cover having already received the LT from a previous character. But I guess we'll get what they give us.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,193 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    2* 115+127, to get a full 3* cover vs shards. 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broll said:
    bowla33 said:

My understanding is nothing.  Since the amount of shards you would have gotten is equivalent to the cover you already got they won't be giving you a double-dip.  But if they added a new feeder or a second feeder you would get those new rewards.
    That will be a pain if your character has not quite made it to one of the old cover rewards, but has passed some of the shard rewards that the cover has been split into.  Hopefully they work out something equitable for that situation.
  • Vhailorx
    Options
    jamesh said:
    broll said:
    bowla33 said:

That will be a pain if your character has not quite made it to one of the old cover rewards, but has passed some of the shard rewards that the cover has been split into.  Hopefully they work out something equitable for that situation.
      Andhopefully Demi's preferred solution is not "wait for the shard store to offer that character for HP."
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think it would be fair and generate a lot of goodwill if they give all shards for characters retroactively that would have been earned based on your current champ levels.  As pointed out above in the posts, the reason this is necessary is that if you are close to a cover but now that is cover reward is taken away and you only get some partial shards towards that character,  that is a huge problem imo and a major loss of progress across your roster since it will probably happen multiple times across all the tiers.  They need to bite the bullet and provide a goodwill gesture, which is one-time only, since most of the changes since the shards rollout have been net losses in one way or another.  
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    I'm in that boat with C4rol and Vulture at 299 and 298
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    Options
    IceX responded. We will basically get any covers that were added (we won’t get a cover already earned) and enough retroactive shards to ensure that the next shard milestone level to earn a cover still does. 

Edit: I totally misunderstood. Only the 280 cover was rewarded, any from higher champion reward cover milestones got 100 shard instead. Its baffling why a lower champion level could be better off than higher ones