Planechasing Mono-Blue PW Fblthp able to cast other colored cards [As Designed]

Horadrim
Horadrim Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
In the current Planechasing PW Fblthp event, Fblthp was casting red cards.

Comments

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    And a green one! (Steel Leaf Champion)

However, since it's a PvE Event Deck the usual color limits don't really apply.  Several of the fights in the Avacyn's Madness PvE event cast cards not in their colors either.
    Its probably not a bug, just very very confusing
  • Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    I thought I was going crazy when he dropped a ball lightning.
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 787 Critical Contributor
    Some PvE encounters use cards outside their primary color(s). I'm pretty sure this is intended when looking at what his deck is trying to do (use cards that abuse mana bonuses).
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,257 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hello guys,

This is as intended.
    Only Fblthp is able to cast cards from different colors.
  • Julie71
    @Oktagon_Support if it's working as intended why then is it only the ai has this intended ability and not us regular folk. 
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Julie71 said:
    @Oktagon_Support if it's working as intended why then is it only the ai has this intended ability and not us regular folk. 
    I mean, technically its not only Fibbles.  A lot of the Avacyn's Madness opponents also cast cards of different colors.

Its just a PvE thing that's super confusing, that's all.  Of all the things wrong with the game I don't think this is so serious.
    @Julie71

The idea for Fblthp was that he would be able to use any card and these cards would be representations of the creatures and spells from the plans he visited. Not necessarily cards he knows how to cast/play.
  • Zzyzzx
    Zzyzzx Posts: 248 Tile Toppler
    This is a pretty cool tweak to that event (of which I hope to try before he disappears).
    I'm glad they changed him up.
  • Julie71
    Great I do have him and have never played with him being he's mono colored blue :)
    The "idea" I just mentioned is about the Fblthp PW used by AI during the Planeschasing event. It doesn't apply to the PW you guys have.
    Sorry about the misunderstanding. :smile: