What are you Thankful for?

Options
Mburn7
Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
Thanksgiving is a week away, and my coworker is blasting Christmas music.
Guess it's Holiday Season!

So, with the year winding to a close
Lets take some time to reflect on the highs and lows,
Think of all we've gotten, and all we want more,
And share below what we're thankful for!

(MTGPQ related posts only, please, so we're "on topic".  Also poetry is optional but highly encouraged)

Comments

• Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2019
    Options
     I'm grateful for the variety of events running each week ... 
  • Mburn7
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Bil said:
    Sure thing is ... I'm not grateful for the awful droprates on eldraine packs so far .... Where is the pity timer players deserve? 

I'm also not a huge fan of the rare+ cards representing 40-50% of the whole set (depending if we take exclusives in account) ... Which seems an absurd percentage that has been growing bigger on recent sets ...
    A pretty hard way to set pressure on players ressources if you ask me.

However, I'm grateful for the variety of events running each week ... 
    Hey, no negativity here please and thank you.                                                                                                         
    And besides, with drop rate issues there's nothing really we can do                                                                         
    but enjoy what we do get, however sparse                                                                                                     
    instead of being a real pain in the ****

I've actually had good luck with Eldraine,
    But in the past I have definitely felt your pain
    And I know it sucks, I really do
    But this thread is not the place to vent for you.

If you want to yell, rant, and scream
    please go here: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/70877/the-safe-rant-thread-for-letting-off-steam
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    Options
     Well ... My bad ... But i thought there also was room for "all we want more" ... A pity timer in this case (and a more balanced rarity)

But i admit the tone might sound steamful or sarcastic. I'll just adjust the post.

However, i AM grateful for the several events.
  • Mburn7
    Options
    Bil said:
     Well ... My bad ... But i thought there also was room for "all we want more" ... A pity timer in this case (and a more balanced rarity)

But i admit the tone might sound steamful or sarcastic. I'll just adjust the post.

However, i AM grateful for the several events.
    An honest mistake, it happens to all
    I harbor no ill will this time
    Thanks for posting, its more than most
    And gives me an excuse to keep speaking in rhyme
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I’m grateful for this community who has made a lot of positive changes to the game; whether it be something new and interesting, or more often than not, undoing a design change or fixing a critical bug or error fast. 

Never assume the devs have thought of something because it’s common sense to you — keep sharing bugs, suggestions and feedback — you all make MtGPQ better! 
  • Nalthazar
    Nalthazar Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I like that there are a lot of new events that have been added to the game in the past few sets. I especially like how it feels like there are events pretty much every day that are worth playing.

I like that they made Vanguard packs non-dupe for M20.

I like that they are adding full art cards.

I am enjoying having a bunch of new cards to play with, and I actually like that there are a lot of new rare + cards because it is giving me more to chase. 

I like the standard reset. It makes it so that there is a good cycle for power creep to happen and then bringing it back in check before it gets too out of control.

I like the introduction of Vanguards.

I like that there is a top tier black/green Planeswalker now.

I am thankful for all of the positive feedback to the videos I have been making about the game.
  • Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I'm thankful for @Nalthazar videos they are insightful and a helpful teaching tool for newer players. 
  • Nalthazar
    Nalthazar Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Julie71 said:
    I'm thankful for @Nalthazar videos they are insightful and a helpful teaching tool for newer players. 
    Aww thank you :D