Which 4* to shard chase ?

Options
tonypq
tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
Which 4* would you shard chase from Bishop, Cap Worthy, or Juggernaut ?

I have most of my 4s champed and four 5s champed. I really only PVE and I guess would be looking for the 4 that might make the best partner with my 5s under certain circumstances. My champed 5s are Thanos, Hela, Captain Marvel, GED. Usually I use for PVE some combo of Hela/4rocket or 5Thanos/5OML to speed clear everything. 

I may get into some PVP at some point, but for now I mostly PVE. Having a hard time deciding which 4 to chase, looking for suggestions. I might open a 40 pack and recently I've been chasing 4 Juggernaut shards, but debated if I should be going after Bishop or Worthy instead.

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Juggernaut - PvE
    Cap / Bishop - PvP 

I would go with Juggernaut first since you play mostly PvEs. Which SCL do you play?
  • tonypq
    Options
    Juggernaut - PvE
    Cap / Bishop - PvP 

I would go with Juggernaut first since you play mostly PvEs. Which SCL do you play?
    SCL 8 mainly because I can blow through it so fast. The combo of time saved VS SCL 9 and still decent enough rewards fits the amount of time I have to play these days. 
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 581 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Juggsy can really help speed things along, plus it's quite fun to use him. I'd suggest Juggernaut.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Go for Juggs.
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    How many covers does your 5* Thor have? You could try to build him by targeting 4* Valkyrie. He is very useful in both pve and pvp.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,306 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Be aware that, depending on how big your Rocket is, you need a good number of Juggernaut levels to get him tanking (or the correct support to get him there).

Otherwise he's almost certainly doing nothing over your champed 5nos.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Juggs is helpful in PvE, but there are other options there presuming you have a filled out roster. He also needs to tank to be worth it and there's cover overlap all over the place with the boosting teams.

WorthyCap is obviously a very strong meta team with Hawkeye, but they are also slow as you sit there and wait for all of the CD tiles to go off.  The Bishop+Gritty or Bishop+Strangekoye teams are faster.

Go with Bishop.
  • tonypq
    Options
    To answer some of your questions, my 5Thor is at 2 covers, 1 yellow/red and 4Rocket is level 299. 

Juggernauts ability to match damage the whole team will be overridden if his partners have higher attack in that color ?

I didn't take that into consideration when deciding which of these 4s to chase. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,306 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    tonypq said:
    To answer some of your questions, my 5Thor is at 2 covers, 1 yellow/red and 4Rocket is level 299. 

Juggernauts ability to match damage the whole team will be overridden if his partners have higher attack in that color ?

I didn't take that into consideration when deciding which of these 4s to chase. 
    I'm assuming your 5HE is pretty far from complete, so Worthy isn't doing much.

Juggernaut's passive boost might make him work with Rocket OK since yours is only 299.  Again, a good Support will help a lot.  A PVE focus means Juggernaut is still probably your best bet.  Not sure if you are missing any meta 4 or which recent 4's are unchamped.

SM2099 is pretty good too with his passive dmg stacking on top of someone like Rocket.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,940 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Juggs will tank over a 299 Grocket easily (I know, mines at 297) in Blue & Green when you spec his passive to 5 covers. It's actually not even that close and if I remember right he still tanks when they are boosted to 390+.

KGB
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think Bishop is probably the strongest to chase.  It appears he may not be nerfed so he is very strong in PvP and in PvE, can help you in the really hard nodes (just like PvP).  He isn't great for using all the time in PvE but there are enough other good PvE characters to use there.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2019
    Options
    KGB said:
    Juggs will tank over a 299 Grocket easily (I know, mines at 297) in Blue & Green when you spec his passive to 5 covers. It's actually not even that close and if I remember right he still tanks when they are boosted to 390+.

KGB
    He even tanks red over a 330 Kitty when he's at Level 271. It wasn't until she was boosted in the last event that it was an issue. He's a good third with Gritty for PVE. I say chase him more than WorthyCap or Bishop if PVE is your main play.
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My 270 juggs tanks over my 297 rocket. I equipped him with Henchmen and that means Yellow is the only one he doesn't match. he makes things waaaaay faster. you won't need thanos for speed clearing.

Worthy is a great teammate with Carol +Grocket/C&d/Daken for 5E PvE. Like Bishop: you need to have a reliable trigger, he sits there against all goons unless you let a pistol fire or something... but for those all goon nodes = Juggs is just too good.

Bishop is a great battery and scarecrow in PvP. He isn't stand alone strong for PvE though. There has to be some teams that you need his ramp for and then also have the nodes that will reliably trigger him. He was redonk fun against Mindless ones though not very fast and he eats HealthPacks like Scooby Snacks.

Go with Juggs to sharget.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have a baby-champ Juggernaut (270) as of this week, and he is significantly slower with Nico/4ocket than my Thano5/5* Lord/4ocket team on easy clears in SCL 9 as well as my Okoye/3* Thanos/passive damager teams I generally use on my hard clears.

I'm running him at 5/5/3 with a 4* Corvus Glaive support to increase purple match damage by 100, so he tanks most things. I have a lvl 303 nico and a 302 4ocket, am I doing it wrong with that team?

For me, I'd recommend sharding Bishop or WCap depending on who you have to run with them. 
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 581 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I have a baby-champ Juggernaut (270) as of this week, and he is significantly slower with Nico/4ocket than my Thano5/5* Lord/4ocket team on easy clears in SCL 9 as well as my Okoye/3* Thanos/passive damager teams I generally use on my hard clears.

I'm running him at 5/5/3 with a 4* Corvus Glaive support to increase purple match damage by 100, so he tanks most things. I have a lvl 303 nico and a 302 4ocket, am I doing it wrong with that team?

For me, I'd recommend sharding Bishop or WCap depending on who you have to run with them. 
    Try switching G4mora instead of Nico? That amplifies his collateral straight from the start... 
    Both my grocket and juggs are lvl 276, and work really well together on essential nodes with whatever 3rd is required, and I use either G4mora or kitty for all the other nodes.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,940 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    Options

Try switching G4mora instead of Nico? That amplifies his collateral straight from the start... 
    Both my grocket and juggs are lvl 276, and work really well together on essential nodes with whatever 3rd is required, and I use either G4mora or kitty for all the other nodes.

I use Gamora too but with a different support on Juggs so he tanks Black over Gamora. Gamora has another added bonus that you don't have to wait for Nico's boost to run every turn (that saves several seconds per match). My Juggs is 279 so essentially the same as yours.

The reason you may be seeing different results is that you are in CL9 and I am in CL7. In CL7, he can literally kill in 2-3 moves virtually any hard PvE node when paired with Gamora/Grocket (he does trivial nodes in 1 move obviously). I do 4 initial clears in 20-23 minutes depending on wait times for mindless ones and other slow goons. It may be that the extra levels in CL9 on the hard nodes is making the team slower than your Thanos / Okoye teams.  How long is your clear taking in CL9?

The other thing you learn to do with Juggs is to pick a pair of match 3's/cascade over a match 4 or even a match 5 because he gets 4 hits on a pair of match 3vs vs just 2 hits on a match 4/5.

KGB
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I agree with juggs for pve and worthy/bishop for pvp.

Tome, juggs seems excellent for 4* players, but not so much for anyone with a functional thorkoye, gritty or thano5. 

Worthy is truly great only if you have 5HE, but has some other utility as his Dr makes him a bit tankier than bishop.  And bishop is useful on several PvP teams