The Safe Rant Thread for Letting Off Steam.

Comments

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    starfall said:

This is a SAFE thread for letting off steam, right?

The number of people complaining about competitive events here right now it driving me nuts, considering that when me and my friends have done it in the past we've been met by a wall of "YOU DON'T HAVE TO PLAY" comments!!

:D 
    As someone who also hates the "you don't have to play" comments I get where you're coming from, but to be fair these new events are just sooooooooooo disheartening.  I haven't completed an event in months, and I still dread just playing to progression on some of these.  I want to get back into competitive play but man it sucks right now.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Check it out guys, the mono-blue event planeswalker Fblthp has mono-red cards in his deck!! Fblthp cast a ball lightning on my Nissa when I played it last :o
  • Kalazan
    Kalazan Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Dude . Can confirm I got hit by the ball lighting as well for the mono blue.  All these things make me think the game is currently off management. Is it because of Christmas vacation? 😂
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    starfall said:
    This is a SAFE thread for letting off steam, right?

The number of people complaining about competitive events here right now it driving me nuts, considering that when me and my friends have done it in the past we've been met by a wall of "YOU DON'T HAVE TO PLAY" comments!!

:D 
    I kindof do though because I committed. I should have found a sub. Then I wouldn’t have had to play. I didn’t have to play. I know I hate the event. I should have found a sub. I didn’t do that and chose to stay in my coalition and now I am going to add some points. Luckily I don’t play competitive anymore so I don’t have to grind the whole terrible thing out, but because I didn’t sub myself out, I feel obligated to show my face around a bit. Also if I don’t play at all I have nothing to add here and no excuse to stay in my room all weekend. 
  • FindingHeart8
    Kalazan said:
    Dude . Can confirm I got hit by the ball lighting as well for the mono blue.  All these things make me think the game is currently off management. Is it because of Christmas vacation? 😂
    I think they aren't putting a lot of time into the implimentation of game content.  From a few of the things I've seen, I sometimes wonder if they didn't fix a lot of the original problems, just built on top of them.
  • Mburn7
    Fibbles is running Ball Lightning, Steel Leaf Champion, and Tempest Djinn in this iteration.
    You'll notice that only 1 of those is blue, but all utilize your Mana Bonus value.  I'm sure that's all this is, no need to panic.

(remember several fights in Avacyn's Madness use cards of the wrong colors and that isn't really an issue, although we did question it a lot at first)
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2019
    I hate feeling like I'm fooled in any occasions ...i particular when i pay ( or have paid) for a service that is supposed to entertain me.

I hate being happy when i see (for once) something that looks like an improvement for the player ... And see it taken back just because it actually WAS  an improvement for players.

I hate feeling like no matter the investment - Time or money, who cares? - The company I invest for will always find a way to twist things in order to make my investment worth  less than it was supposed to ...

Do i feel like a hater ... No ... Do I feel like an average  Mtgpq player ? ... Yes I do, sir!
  • Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Do you guys even wiki?  Summonghost added that deck list like 2 months ago. :smiley:
    Fblthp has run off-colour cards in multiple flavours of Planechasing Everywhere encountered so far (Beginner, Intermediate, and one of the Trick or Treat decks).  I guess he's just special.
  • Aeroplane
    Aeroplane Posts: 314 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2019
    Ok ,13pp eld packs = 0 mythics. Combine that with the last set of 3 mythics with 20pp packs and the time I stopped putting money into this game. Statistically possible, but strange nonetheless. Card crafting to save the day, I guess.
  • FindingHeart8
    edited December 2019
    Just opened a standard guaranteed-new card pack for reaching lvl 90.  It was ALL Eldraine uncommons. :(

I loved Eldraine when it was released in mtg, but 6 premium packs of mediocre to horrible pulls plus this is really souring my mood to the set.
  • TheBigBad
    TheBigBad Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Just opened a standard guaranteed-new card pack for reaching lvl 90.  It was ALL Eldraine uncommons. :(

I loved Eldraine when it was released in mtg, but 6 premium packs of mediocre to horrible pulls plus this is really souring my mood to the set.
    Now that guaranteed non-duplicate packs are a thing, I always wait until after I've booster-crafted all the rares and below available from a non-dupe pack before opening that pack.  ELD should become booster-craftable in 2 weeks or so.

I sympathize with the quality of your ELD pulls and wish I had better luck.  It's fishy to get so many dupes of the few rares I have.  Well, at least it's more orbs for booster-crafting.
  • Smokincookz
    Smokincookz Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Greg is an idiot- yet has incredible luck with cascades and pulling a nice balance of cards at just the right time is enough to make me want to smash something. It always seems to coincide with a lack of mana on the board during my turn. Infuriating...

Now maybe Greg is drawing the same as us, but it sure seems like when he has a clump of 3-4 cards it’s often ones that are just too good to have all together (removal, instant gem conversion) Of course when I draw 3-4 of the same in a row it’s rarely what I need. 

Can someone please give Greg a brain transplant? 
    Or better yet, have Greg start buying lotto tickets. I’m sure he’ll win enough to buy a whole new brain and help get the bugs fixed! 
  • Smokincookz
    Smokincookz Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Vanguard duplicates from 300 pink pulls. MONTHS after initial release. This is completely wrong.

This needs to die, and fast. 
    There are regular art cards I prefer over the full art versions. I figured I was still missing enough of them to risk 300 pinks. Got a dupe, ofc. Ironically, Tamiyo, the same card that I pulled months ago. Add some salt to the wound, yay!

I can’t believe they think people will put up with this, especially with all the bugs w/ each set release. Some of these awful resource-robbing policies need to go, ASAP, before more dedicated players jump ship. 

The long term impact they are having on the player base will not be worth any short term gains. Shortsighted and greedy maneuvers are only going to keep making things worse. How much $$ can they drain from players without really fixing anything? Sooner or later, something’s got to give. It’s not sustainable.

I don’t see new players willing to support a system like this for long. At the very least, make a regular art vg version available for crystals during the Planechasing Fblthp event. Or make a crafting system for them. Something needs to happen...

• jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Greg is an idiot- yet has incredible luck with cascades and pulling a nice balance of cards at just the right time is enough to make me want to smash something. It always seems to coincide with a lack of mana on the board during my turn. Infuriating...

Now maybe Greg is drawing the same as us, but it sure seems like when he has a clump of 3-4 cards it’s often ones that are just too good to have all together (removal, instant gem conversion) Of course when I draw 3-4 of the same in a row it’s rarely what I need. 

Can someone please give Greg a brain transplant? 
    Or better yet, have Greg start buying lotto tickets. I’m sure he’ll win enough to buy a whole new brain and help get the bugs fixed! 
    This is a massively minority experience for me with Greg. When I lose to Greg - which happens maybe once every few days - it's just a massive pile of bad luck that works out as you described. Most of the time, Greg makes poor matches, skips match-5s, gets average cascades, and holds a handful of partially-filled cards that he never casts. Greg does need a brain transplant, but it needs to be one that improves him. He's a total idiot right now.
  • Mburn7
    I am so sick of these **** stealth nerfs that aren't mentioned anywhere and are done for no reason at all, with the assumption being that we just won't notice?  Imma Shawshank this **** until we get a real answer this time.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/80164/afflict-no-longer-triggers-from-bezerker-damage-only-from-creatures-with-defender-vigilance-reach#latest
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,433 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vanguard duplicates from 300 pink pulls. MONTHS after initial release. This is completely wrong.

There are regular art cards I prefer over the full art versions. I figured I was still missing enough of them to risk 300 pinks. Got a dupe, ofc. Ironically, Tamiyo, the same card that I pulled months ago. Add some salt to the wound, yay!

I can’t believe they think people will put up with this, especially with all the bugs w/ each set release. Some of these awful resource-robbing policies need to go, ASAP, before more dedicated players jump ship. 

The long term impact they are having on the player base will not be worth any short term gains. Shortsighted and greedy maneuvers are only going to keep making things worse. How much $$ can they drain from players without really fixing anything? Sooner or later, something’s got to give. It’s not sustainable.

I don’t see new players willing to support a system like this for long. At the very least, make a regular art vg version available for crystals during the Planechasing Fblthp event. Or make a crafting system for them. Something needs to happen...

I only have 3 mythic vanguards from that particular batch. I have bought vanguards 5 times now. I received Sorin and Teferi the first two. I have since duped those same two the last three pulls. I think I will just wait and see if they ever get added to the pool for crafting at some point. It was really deflating to get yet another dupe in what should have been very good odds of getting a new Vanguard.
  • mrixl2520
    mrixl2520 Posts: 240 Tile Toppler

I've been waiting all month, saving all my pinks, only to pull a dupe mythic with my first pull. This is forking bullshirt.
  • Stormcrow
    Stormcrow Posts: 461 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2019
    I tell you what gang, this game is an emotional rollercoaster sometimes.

Good news: I got Altar of Dementia from a random pack! That is exactly my kind of card, and I am immediately filled with creative ideas for how to break it.

Bad news: I immediately built an Angrath deck around Altar only to discover that Altar is buggy as all get-out, negating roughly half the cards in my deck.

Good news: Altar of Dementia combined with Angrath's 3rd ability and Bloodsoaked Altar is still basically an instant-win even if the rest of your deck is blank cards!

Pretty sure the emotional highs and lows of video gaming aren't supposed to come from "discovering major gameplay bugs that ruin your cool deck idea" and "triumphing over those bugs anyways" but....ehhh I guess take what you can get, right? :#