Venom Heroic

Comments

• Well, no repeatables this time, or is it just me?
  • I went to sleep having completed all but 4 matches and I had 250-ish points.. When I woke up the 120 level Venom match alone was worth 200. Something seems off.
  • Anyone try their luck with the Anti-Venom recruit pack? Only one I don't need there is Cap. If I get 1 or 2 Spideys, I'd be happy. But I have a feeling I'd get Cap x 10.
  • I went to bed in first place and then woke up to see I was 2000 points off top!

I can't say I am a fan of the point fluctuations especially by such large amounts. It made the first round of scoring almost irrelevant in the overall total. I would prefer a set amount per mission in each round and then maybe vary the points in subsequent rounds by changing up the opponents you face. It did make the progression rewards easy to get.

Same here. it´s kinda crazy. I was top 1 with 350 points in first round, when the second began I played and scored at 950, still 1 place and all missions locked. Now the first place has 2636 points and I am still with all missions locked and ranked at 52 place. I dont get it...
  • Anyone try their luck with the Anti-Venom recruit pack? Only one I don't need there is Cap. If I get 1 or 2 Spideys, I'd be happy. But I have a feeling I'd get Cap x 10.
    I got a Cap my first time around. I want to try again for more Original Widow or Spidey, but unsure if it's worth it - just buying a Widow upgrade is less than two random draws.

I got lucky and was 2/2 with widow draws.
  • Went to bed in first place with 1820 points. Woke up today and I'm 10th, 1000 points behind first. Either rubber banding is broken or the design of this tourney is off. All my missions are locked so....trying to maximize missions before the reset is silly. Being able to complete them now punishes you and that's just awkward.
  • It's interesting to see that the difficulty may finally be where it needs to be on the final (repeatable) missions. I'm currently 11th in my bracket having not completed the mission with all three Dark Avengers or the high-level Yelena/Maggia mission (because damn, those are hard). If I complete both of those once! I move up to 3rd. If I get a repeat on either (unlikely). I'll move into first. This is a big difference from Red ISO-8 or Heroic Juggernaut, where even a day in, it was clear that you'd need to spam a repeatable for hours to stay competitive.
  • 1. R Wolvie
    2. G Wolvie
    3. B Widow
    4. B Cap
    5. Y Spidey

Thank heavens. I was gonna give up after the B Cap, but good thing I didn't. Definitely worth it since the Y Spidey is 1250 alone. I'm really tempted to try out a few more, but I don't know if I should push it.

Now I just need a **** ton of ISO.

6. B Cap
    7. Y Wolvie
    8. Y Cap
    9. B Widow
    10. B Widow

Okay. No longer worth it icon_e_sad.gif
  • Anecdotally, given the last two heroics, it's seems that point spreads get a bit out of control. The question I now pose is:

Why are heroics even in tournament form then?

With such "horrible" increase in points, it seems like another rich get richer process. Normally, once I got the progression rewards I wanted out of a tourney, I will back off to wherever I need to be, but with essentially free 200 iso (which no one in their right mind turns away), each mission just adds to the overall total. I really do feel bad for taking a spot that someone else could use just for iso farming.

Why not make heroics their own tab, with their own weekly progressions, without the tourney structure?

I apologize to you all if this seems somewhat convoluted. Waking up is hard to do.
  • nihilium wrote:
    Can someone explain to me how the reset works? o.o

I mean I did the missions I was able to do over 12 hours ago, and I thought after reset I should be able to do them again?
    I got a message about reset something or the other, but the missions are still locked x.x

An explanation how this works fo a noob, pretty please? icon_e_sad.gif

I'm going to guess here that you only did the first mission. That one doesn't reset it seems. The rest of them will reset.

Skyedyne wrote:
    Anecdotally, given the last two heroics, it's seems that point spreads get a bit out of control. The question I now pose is:

Why are heroics even in tournament form then?

With such "horrible" increase in points, it seems like another rich get richer process. Normally, once I got the progression rewards I wanted out of a tourney, I will back off to wherever I need to be, but with essentially free 200 iso (which no one in their right mind turns away), each mission just adds to the overall total. I really do feel bad for taking a spot that someone else could use just for iso farming.

Why not make heroics their own tab, with their own weekly progressions, without the tourney structure?

I apologize to you all if this seems somewhat convoluted. Waking up is hard to do.

I actually thought this was kind of how Heroic mode would be when they first hinted at it. I expected a new tab marked Heroic and you just got to replay the previous campaigns but on a harder difficulty level and with some better rewards.
  • There were repeatable missions the first reset and none the second. Is that consistent with what others are seeing?
  • Hrm.... 50 minutes until the rest, I've got just the last Yelena mission left, but completing it would put me at #1 in my bracket (it's worth 300 freaking points!). Don't think I want to be #1 at reset given how the rubber banding works.

Not so sure about the rubber banding implementation in this one, but happy to see the devs playing with different ideas.

Oh, and the final Rag/Venom/Daken mission was repeatable for me in the 1st round, but not the 2nd, just to confirm what others are seeing.
  • jozier wrote:
    There were repeatable missions the first reset and none the second. Is that consistent with what others are seeing?
    This is what I saw as well.
  • I kinda hope the Juggs one repeats before they introduce the Oscorp. This is draining to say the least. At least I don't need to worry bout the 1-star tourney.
  • I hope future heroics from now on only have progression rewards and no competitive aspect; this rubberbanding is so silly.

Look at how MAA does the spec ops PVE content...
  • It is clearly broken. They should just leave it at the max values for the rest of the time and then rethink their algorithm. I stopped playing last night when it got down to 5pts a mission and then woke up to 100-300pt missions. Managed to move back up to 2nd place this morning but if I had kept playing last night I would have been buried. If they leave it at max then the people who can beat the most missions will work their way to the top. It is petty much giving away all the rewards but that is probably the case already anyway.
  • Following the reset, I am getting 300 points for taking out the level 120 venom. 214 for the first Hammer Goons mission, second is now at 231. Before the reset, I was at 625 points. I've done one mission, hammer goons, and now sit at 839. I'll actually finish the progression rewards for the first time ever after the next battle. Which will be in 6 minutes after my guys heal up. So, I'm in favor of actually being able to finish the progression. Although my iPhone version of this doesn't get to do any of it because they're too weak, I should probably spend more time on that.

However, one thing puzzles me that I'm hoping IceIX can shed some light on. When Wolverine gets boosted, his damages all go up, but the amount that his healing factor heals does not. What's going on here? It's great he has 80% more hit points and does a lot more damage, but if he still only heals 55 points per round, that's kind of useless for healing. It seems kind of inconsistent.
  • I've never had any mission be worth past even 50 for me. I just want the tiered rewards tbh.
  • #1 in my bracket and after last reset all mission are worth only 5 points for me now... This Heroic behaves really strange.