Exclusive Rares for sale?

Ampersand
Ampersand Posts: 206 Tile Toppler
edited December 2019 in MtGPQ General Discussion
I think we are all used to each set having 5 or so exclusive Mythic cards that are for sale and then hit packs and crafting once the next set is released. We have also had the occasional Mythic and often Rare exclusive cards that are only initially available as event rewards.

I looked at what is in the Chulane Deck Toolkit that is in the vault now, and there are three exclusive Rares in this bundle. There are a significant number of exclusive Rare cards in Throne of Eldraine - are they all going to be for sale? Will any of the Rare cards in this Chulane bundle be available as event rewards or will there be some other non-cash way of getting them before the next set comes out?

I really hope this isn't a sign of a new move toward more cash-exclusive cards at rarities lower than Mythic....

@Brigby
@LakeStone can either of you help clarify this?

Comments

• Mcclaine
    Mcclaine Posts: 59 Match Maker
    The rare cards are included in the paper Chulane precon deck, so it tracks that they would sell the cards as a bundle. We can expect that the other brawl commanders will follow suit.
    And given the precedent set by previous exclusive bundles, the cards will likely be added to the pool of cards we can craft when the Theros set is released in the game.
  • Ampersand
    Mcclaine said:
    The rare cards are included in the paper Chulane precon deck, so it tracks that they would sell the cards as a bundle. We can expect that the other brawl commanders will follow suit.
    And given the precedent set by previous exclusive bundles, the cards will likely be added to the pool of cards we can craft when the Theros set is released in the game.
    I think you just confirmed my fears. I know exclusives from a set will be available in packs/craftable once the next set comes, but I was really hoping so many Rares wouldn’t be bundled behind a paywall.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ampersand said:
    Mcclaine said:
    I think you just confirmed my fears. I know exclusives from a set will be available in packs/craftable once the next set comes, but I was really hoping so many Rares wouldn’t be bundled behind a paywall.
    I dunno, how good do these rares look?  Unless any of them look like format staples (like Shrine of Forsaken Gods was back when it was a cash exclusive, or busted stuff like Olivia) I don't see an issue in making us wait a few months more to get them.  Sure it sucks for people who like having 100% of each set, but I don't see it as a huge issue.
  • Ampersand
    @Mburn7
    from this batch, I like the Faerie Formation one (or whatever it's called). There are a few other exclusive Rares that look like very good cards that might become format staples. I just hope not all of them are bundled behind a paywall.

@Brigby
    Any chance you can clarify which ones will be paid bundles and which will be event rewards?
  • Kalazan
    Kalazan Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Any review for those exclusive cards on the vault now? 
  • Narcoticsagent
    Narcoticsagent Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Thorn Mammoth and Chulane are both pretty good. I have not tried the others. I put them in a deck like this:

Reclaim 
    Blood for bones
    Neoform
    Killer Instinct 
    Urza
    Deathsprout
    Dead bridge chant
    Gemstone cavern

It's a fun deck but it could be a lot better with changes.
  • Kalazan
    Narcoticsagent ; Does Chulane returns himself after he got killed? Or his ability wont trigger after his killed? Thanks.

• Narcoticsagent
    Narcoticsagent Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Kalazan said:
    Narcoticsagent ; Does Chulane returns himself after he got killed? Or his ability wont trigger after his killed? Thanks.

Returns himself and gets mana so hes cheap second time around.
  • Kalazan
    Thanks! If so. He seems a decent one.