SCL For Dead Pool Daily

Jsh2014
Jsh2014 Posts: 87 Match Maker
I was playing this morning and it just popped into my head to SCL would be good for Dead Pool Daily.  The newer 3 and 4 stars would make the game and the gamers life better for long time players like me. I don't really need Sentry or Beast or a host of other 3stars. Since they put them back into rotation I seem to be getting a ton of older 3 and 4 stars so why not SCL the Daily I think it would really reinvigorate the older grinder like me. Let's hear everyone's opinion.

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you mean a rewards rework with scaling enemies and scaling rewards?  No, actually.  DDQ is set up to give a sense of progression with different rewards at different tiers (1-4*).  Also, while players are very much in favor of daily 4* covers in DDQ, the devs are obviously not making that happen.  Although we are at 54 (plus 2 limited) 4*s now.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would love SCL in DDQ. I understand the argument about seeing progression but there are tons of other ways to see that in game currently. Doing SCLs would allow them to make it so new players without 3*s can actually complete it by having much lower requirements in SCL4 and below. Maybe their clash is for a 3* and that turns into a 4* in later SCLs. 
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Please leave Deadpool Daily alone. However, if they wanted to run "Crash of the Mad Titan" or whatever it was called, every day with SCLs I would support that.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    For a new player I imagine DDQ can be a little frustrating, especially the wave nodes and the two nodes that require a 3-star or 4-star (which they may not have). For a veteran player, the nodes that restrict you to your 1-stars or 2-stars are just tedious. Would adding SCL solve these two issues? I imagine it would, if it meant each node was opened up to your whole roster, but I'm not sure I'd want that.

I'd much rather see some other unique challenges in DDQ, like winning within a certain number of turns or having a node that requires a team of a specific affiliation.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    This would be great!! My 3* farm could use a bit more love. And I wouldn't mind a bit more 4*s and CP.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,518 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is just another way of asking for more rewards. You're getting the amount that they want to give you. I don't want DDQ to get harder for the same rewards. 
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Need to add placement rewards for DDQ also!

:->
  • Jsh2014
    Jsh2014 Posts: 87 Match Maker
    @Borstock I don't want more rewards I think they should add the scale levels to DDQ so higher level players can get better rewards and a better rotation of heros. I would like to see @Brigby to chime in and let's here his thoughts and see if he's going to send up to the powers that be.
  • Hyposphere6234
    Hyposphere6234 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Speaking as someone who was "there" and is now somewhat "here," it should be left as it is. The original DDQ was a great addition and ensured that I was logging in daily as there were some guaranteed rewards and the ability to try my luck if I dared.

The only complaint that I had was that the Clash was around for one day only and locked out for the rest of the week if I wasn't able to complete it within twenty-four hours. The changes to the DDQ have just made it ultimately better and I feel like convoluting it will just break it.

DDQ has always been a daily case of "Roll up! Roll up! Try your luck!" The Behemoth Burrito and the extended Crash Of The Titans have only poured more gravy into the original mix.

DDQ has always been an event for everyone, regardless, and I hope it always remains so.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd rather see something like a ten round wave node that rewards a 4* if you're able to beat it. It starts off easy enough but slowly ramps up in difficulty each round. Rounds 5 and 10 have a boss. Round 5 would be like a beefed up Magneto/Doom and 10 would be Ultron or Galactus. Or, if D3 is feeling especially cruel then Kaecilius. This way you really have to earn that 4* so it's not like your average 3* player will be getting a 4* cover every day because they'll be lucky if they can even beat round 5.
  • BigMike182
    BigMike182 Posts: 60 Match Maker
    I'd like them to give us a countdown for when the next Clash of Titans will begin.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,106 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    I'd like them to give us a countdown for when the next Clash of Titans will begin.
    That already exists.  If you look on the main screen (on Steam, anyway) you'll see in the upper left corner the current 4-star required for the Clash, and an amount of time that's left for you to purchase their featured cover.  That timer also tells you how much time is left until the next Clash begins.

Edit - just checked my son's tablet., and it's in the same spot.  The timer is right under the number of Command Points you have.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    That already exists.  If you look on the main screen (on Steam, anyway) you'll see in the upper left corner the current 4-star required for the Clash, and an amount of time that's left for you to purchase their featured cover.  That timer also tells you how much time is left until the next Clash begins.

You can also look at how much time is remaining in the current Taco vault
  • The_Boi_of_Steel
    The_Boi_of_Steel Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    edited December 2019
    I’m not sure people get it.  It’s not just about getting 4 or 5*, but more about getting ISO
     points.  The covers you get that you don’t need are just easily sold for ISO points. Someone may not realize just how you can use that to your advantage, like I did in the beginning, but you can.  Even if you don’t use your ISO points right away, having them build up is a GOOD THING as you WILL need that large stash...especially when leveling up players.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    A couple of tips. 

1) You’ll ultimately make more “Iso points” (not to mention other rewards) farming those characters (especially from ranking up your clearance level) than you do selling them off. 

2) I wouldn’t advise bumping a two year-old thread saying “you people don’t understand!”, unless you have access to a time machine as well!
  • The_Boi_of_Steel
    The_Boi_of_Steel Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Well, I’m talking about selling off mainly the one and two star covers that you can’t farm off anymore.  Selling them off is something I do as part of how I get my ISO points without having to buy them.

I didn’t realize this was a two year old thread either.  The dates are pretty small.  Not everyone has 20/20 vision.  My apologies if anyone thought I was trying to cause trouble.  I was just adding to the conversation as I was looking for something concerning the Deadpool Daily Points.  I also didn’t come in insulting people by implying that they didn’t “understand”. That interpretation, which is on you, is totally wrong, but thanks for your input anyway.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    You can farm 2*s. And hell you can essentially farm 1* Spidey, Iron Man and Storm for xp, and sell the rest of the covers for iso.