The Other Issues

Mburn7
Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2019 in MtGPQ General Discussion
The comment "there are other issues we need to discuss right now" is being used a lot around here lately.
I mean, it always has been.  But it feels like I'm seeing it more now.  And what's worse, it's really only being used as a way to try and ignore other posters' opinions (ex.  Yeah you have a point, but there are other more important issues we should be discussing instead).

So, I propose we make a list.  Of ALL the issues that we are referring to when we say "there are other issues".
That way we can use it constructively instead of detrimentally, and that way everyone knows what issues they "should" be pestering the devs about instead of their personal crusade (like a certain loading wheel graphic that some moron keeps bringing up despite nobody else even remembering the damn thing).
Feel free to add your own if I missed something!

Note the order here is pretty arbitrary, but if you all want it ordered properly its easy enough to do and debate.

THE LIST:

• New cards don't do what they say they do.
  • Old cards don't do what they say they do, even though they did at some point
  • The deckbuilder kicks you out every hour on the hour no exceptions
  • Lots of cards are exclusives, but not getting added to packs when they should be
  • Vanguards are really expensive to get and lag the game horribly when used
  • Old bugs that were fixed are back.
  • Cards' wording, typing, and/or evergreens are wrong (Agrus, Utvara Helkite, Tomik...ect)
  • New events are looooooooooong
  • Event rewards feel worthless
  • Permanent supports don't always work right, and add a ton of complexity to the game
  • Secondary Objectives require excessive stalling and compromised deckbuilding
  • The Deckbuilder search function doesn't have enough knobs (search multicolor only, power greater than 5...ect)
  • Loading times are loooooooong
  • Game freezes result in an automatic loss, no matter what.
  • The team keeps making changes to cards/walkers without telling us (in patch notes or otherwise), leading to floods of bug reports that are ignored or then listed as "working properly" with no context given
  • Things that are confirmed as "working properly" by the team are then changed later with no explanation or warning given, and then said to have been bugged
  • VIP system makes the game too pay-to-win
  • Cash exclusives are held longer and longer until being available for in-game currency
  • TG is boring, but its the only thing to do sometimes
  • Nobody trusts the dev team to do the right thing anymore (mostly since the leveling debacle)
  • Everyone's favorite events seem to always be the Hibernium ones, not the Oktagon ones
  • Card galleries are posted on Facebook instead of the D3 website, so MTGPQ.info can't update and a lot of people can't see the new cards
  • We need a new tier above Platinum
  • We need the mana wheel loading wheel back
  • Nobody posts fun stuff on the forums anymore

Comments

• Mburn7
    starfall said:
    This is a list of things we're allowed to complain about?

I don't see the point. You can tell which threads are popular by the number of likes and insights they get.
    Eh, that's too much work.  Now we have an easy-to-see list!
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think "The List" is both amusing and saddening.
  • Mburn7
    madwren said:
    I think "The List" is both amusing and saddening.

That's the point!
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    starfall said:

I don't see the point. You can tell which threads are popular by the number of likes and insights they get.
    I don’t see the harm. Never hurts to consolidate thoughts. 

It’s a bit hard to read though. 
  • Narcoticsagent
    Narcoticsagent Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    bken1234 said:
    starfall said:

Bullet points would make it a lot easier to read.
  • Mburn7
    bken1234 said:
    starfall said:

Done.  This any better?
  • Narcoticsagent
    Narcoticsagent Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Mburn7 said:
    bken1234 said:
    starfall said:

Done.  This any better?
    Yes much easier on the eyes. Good job on compiling all these concerns. 
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,433 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mburn7 said:

My thoughts in bold

• New cards (some, not all) don't do what they say they do. this is the case with every single set I've ever seen released in this game... even during Hibernium days and they didn't even communicate with us about it. I sadly have come to expect this with each set release.
    • Old cards don't do what they say they do, even though they did at some point. Like what for example? I haven't seen anything not working as intended so far... not saying there aren't. I just not have been experiencing any. Crashes on the other hand,  isn't that the fault of the card and more the fault of how it interacts with other cards?
    •  
    • The deckbuilder kicks you out every hour on the hour no exceptions I hate this too... I how in the hades I find myself in that part of the app at the top of the hour so often is beyond me *rollseyes*

• Lots of cards are exclusives, but not getting added to packs when they should be Seems they went straight to crafting... not sure what the future of exclusives will be and will this be the norm going forward?

• Vanguards are really expensive to get and lag the game horribly when used This curious, I have an galaxy s9 and I don't have any vanguard issues but my team mates have different phones and they do have lag issues... not tech savvy but is this a graphic issue maybe? I dunno

• Old bugs that were fixed are back. I haven't seen any developer in this game ever manage to stop an old bug from coming back... how in the seven levels of Gaia's Revenge's fuzzy green coat they pop back up is beyond me. Hibernium faced this and Oktagon faced this... Because of all the odd interactions I don't think they will ever manage to way to permanently stop this from happening. pessimistic, I know.
    • Cards' wording, typing, and/or evergreens are wrong (Agrus, Utvara Helkite, Tomik...ect)This can be avoided with thorough editing and crosschecking. I suspect that the time span from developer to D3 to release is far too short of an editing period.

• New events are looooooooooong  I totally agree
    • Event rewards feel worthless Agreed
    • Permanent supports don't always work right, and add a ton of complexity to the game some examples please? If I understand you right, like
    • Secondary Objectives require excessive stalling and compromised deckbuilding Wasn't Hibernium accused of this too? I hated the old events because of that when I started in Nov. 2016. I find the objectives now are better suited for deck building with the exception of the pre-built deck objective. those bite.
    • The Deckbuilder search function doesn't have enough knobs (search multicolor only, power greater than 5...ect) agreed... options should have been added as time went on. I don't think that part of the game ever received any love.
    • Loading times are loooooooong if I am on wifi, It isn't. if on a cell network... oh yes. Again I don't know if the quality of the phone and graphics come into play here.  (i.e. old PC computer trying to run a higher graphic game kind of thing)
    • Game freezes result in an automatic loss, no matter what. Would love a "freeze sensor" if such a thing exists. forces a restart of the match with out penalty but I know that is a pipe dream.
    • The team keeps making changes to cards/walkers without telling us (in patch notes or otherwise), leading to floods of bug reports that are ignored or then listed as "working properly" with no context given Curious, which bug was never worked on and is ignored? honest inquiry because I can't come up with any off the top of my head and am not aware of any that are still in the game... check that... the only bug i know that never was worked on was Alhammarret's Archive's interaction with anything else that draws. That has been glitchy since day one. beyond that I don't recall.
    • Things that are confirmed as "working properly" by the team are then changed later with no explanation or warning given, and then said to have been bugged

• VIP system makes the game too pay-to-win VIP is a candy store for this game... extremely generous. So much so that many VIP veteran players like myself are simply waiting for VIP packs to top off the Mythics and Masterpieces at a faster rate but this introduces a similar problem I faced when I joined the game all those years ago and endured what others lovingly call Quick battle and I hated it. Because the top players were able to stay on top because of the reward system in place maintained their status leaving new players to struggle against a far better collection. Not so significant now as then but that gap is still there because of VIP. play other games and I can say that the problem exists elsewhere too, sadly.
    • Cash exclusives are held longer and longer until being available for in-game currency I am not a fan of this concept... this started what... a year ago with the PW from M19? took almost 5 months or more to release them? Been that way ever since... not cool.
    • TG is boring, but its the only thing to do sometimes Hey I like TG! ;) Great way to test out decks and pass the time if I am sitting somewhere even more bored. haha
    • Nobody trusts the dev team to do the right thing anymore (mostly since the leveling debacle) I don't think Hibernium or Oktagon were ever trusted from what in the forums. *shrug*
    • Everyone's favorite events seem to always be the Hibernium ones, not the Oktagon ones. Eh, slippery slope this. On one hand Hibernium's are fun and easy to do... because they are legacy. I think many of us have forgotten just how hard those events were back in the day and the objectives were screwy and self destructive. having a plethora of cards at your disposal makes a huge difference in one's experience and simple to build and defeat these events. On the other hand, Oktagon's objectives in their events are designed to be a little more fluid (too fluid as of late) and much of those events are Standard and they are harder to play. Given time and a move to Legacy I can easily guess that they will be more enjoyable to play than today... an educated guess, but I do believe that.
    • Card galleries are posted on Facebook instead of the D3 website, so MTGPQ.info can't update and a lot of people can't see the new cards Didn't D3 do this because of some bandwidth issue? What other options can they use beyond the one they used to do before FB?  (for the record even I don't like the FB method)
    • We need a new tier above Platinum Agree
    • We need the mana wheel loading wheel back I don't recall ever seeing this. when did they last have it?
    • Nobody posts fun stuff on the forums anymore I believe it is because of the culture that was cultivated here by the players, myself included. There is a ton of vitriol, anger, sarcasm towards others (including devs), ridicule, and discontent. It has gotten so bad that when a feel good post happens, someone comes along and ruins it because simply they can and don't try to add to the good. That saddens me. I loved this forum and have met many I consider friends and have met one in real life and that was wonderful experience. But lately I find myself reading a bit here and there and leaving the webpage because 90% of the time it isn't worth the fight to bring some kind of positivity to this forum. I love the game and I feel that much of what I read in here takes some of that joy from the game. the only place I feel safe to discuss the game in any good light is in my coalition chat. Sorry, but that is how I feel. This isn't a reflection of anyone specifically, just at the culture cultivated here. Peace- Gunny

• bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    starfall said:
    • Deckbuilder unresponsive, and kicks you out every hour.
    This is fixed in iOS in the most recent update. It’s glorious. 
  • Mburn7
    bken1234 said:
    starfall said:

Well its not fixed on Android, because it keeps happening to me :'(
  • Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    I just wanted to say thank you @Mburn7 I liked your list. 
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,433 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mburn7 said:
    bken1234 said:
    starfall said:

Same for me too :(
  • Mburn7
    starfall said:
    Mburn7 said:
    bken1234 said:
    starfall said:

There's a rumor going around that the iPhone version of the game is actually vastly superior to the Android version? Can anyone confirm?

makes sense, since they get the new updates like 4 hours later lol
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mburn7 said:

• Nobody posts fun stuff on the forums anymore

ME:(Mobile wont let me comment outside quote box for this post)

I still try from time to time but significantly new content would spark my flame to do it again :)
  • mrixl2520
    mrixl2520 Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    I really miss the function that gave you a preview of targeted cards. 
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    bken1234 said:
    starfall said:

It is? It was???