Marvel Insider snubs MPQ?

Rhipf
Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
Was just checking out Marvel Insider and see they have a survey for "What's Your Favorite Marvel Game in 2019?"
The options are:

Marvel Contest of Champions
Marvel Future Fight
Marvel's Spider-Man
Marvel Strike Force
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order

Where is Marvel Puzzle Quest in this list? Aren't we good enough to even be considered?

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also missing:

Marvel Battle Lines  (soon to be dead)

Marvel Lego Collection - I mean, probably no one's favorite game, exactly. At least not if you're playing the other games.

Some VR games

Marvel vs Capcom:  Infinite....a 2 year old console game still on Marvel's website

Marvel Pinball - initially released in 2010?

Not very good company.....surely they could have expanded their list from 5 to 6 options.
  • tupacboy
    tupacboy Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    Is it a sign of the end?
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Marvel has kinda treated MPQ like the red-headed stepchild of Marvel games for years now, it's nothing new. Hour long stream about the return of the F4 to comics and showing off their in-game additions? You get to watch people play Contest of Champions with Thing for 45 minutes, and 30 seconds mentioning God Emperor Doom in MPQ (and zero mention of how MPQ already had all four F4 members in-game already). Marvel Games tweets stuff? MPQ most likely to get mentioned last. Yearly game awards? Might not mention MPQ at all.

It's just how it is. Marvel doesn't promote this game the way it does others, for whatever reason.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    I see a common theme for these five games: action/adventure or fighting games.

Fighting games are popular worldwide and tournaments are held frequently. Think Tekken and Street Fighter.

The first Marvel related game I played was either Marvel vs Capcom or Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter. 

There are a number of Marvel vs Capcom series, so I think Marvel are making tons of money off fighting games. That's why most of their fighting games received so much love. Add in lootbox in a fighting game and your revenues explode.

As a reference, MCOC took 7 months to hit 100 million revenue while MPQ took 3 years. I guess that's why they received so much publicity.