Switch Classic 5* Heroes for Hire to shards

DarthDeVo
DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
The title basically explains it. But a little background: 

I've been working on finishing 5* Hawkeye since I finished BSSM in Carnage's release store. At the beginning of the year he was either 4/1/1 or 5/1/1 (can't remember specifically) and now sits at 5/3/2. Kate is at 322, so Clint will eventually end up 5/4/3 with a saved cover when she coughs up her final cover at 360. He's also my sole shard target in the 5* tier (presently 135/500).

Even though he'll get finished eventually, I was still in the market to buy the HfH cover to help speed him along, especially if it was red. So of course it ended up being purple.

So that got my gears spinning and I really think the Classic (and ONLY the Classic) HfH offers should become 500 shards. We can only buy them once, so people wouldn't be able to get a ton of shards for "cheap." But dilution being what it is, these offers only come around about once a year or so. At the very least, we should be able to buy shards instead of a specific, set color so we can actually get a color we want or need. 

Devs, please consider making this change to Classic HfH. This will actually be a helpful way to combat dilution in the 5* tier somewhat. And again, this will happen about once per year for each Classic 5*. I don't think that's an unreasonable request. 

Comments

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    Do you mean pay 250 CP to receive 500 shards for a certain character? And because shards are colorless, you can pick the color of your cover. Basically, it's an upgrade to HfH to always get a useful cover. 

It would certainly be an improvement, but personally, I'd rather spend my 250 CP in another way.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dogface said:
    Do you mean pay 250 CP to receive 500 shards for a certain character? And because shards are colorless, you can pick the color of your cover. Basically, it's an upgrade to HfH to always get a useful cover. 

It would certainly be an improvement, but personally, I'd rather spend my 250 CP in another way.

It certainly depends on where your roster is and things like that, but trading in 9 pulls (it's really 225 since you'd never get a 5* for free) is only forgoing, probably, 9 4's that will only slightly help you.  For a meta 5, I think the value is definitely there at this point when dilution is awful, and you can be waiting a very long time between opportunities to pull for someone you really want in a special store with only 3 5's in it.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dogface said:

Yes, that's exactly what I mean. 

I can't remember the last time Hawkeye was featured, but it was likely early this year. As mentioned, mine was probably 4/1/1 or 5/1/1 at the time, so I likely would have felt spending 250 CP for one red cover wasn't worth it at the time. 

Fast forward to now, and I absolutely would have paid 250 CP to add a red or blue cover. Only I can't. It's purple or nothing. 

Now I'll have to wait a year or more to buy a blue cover, though Clint might be finished by then, so really a moot point at that juncture. 

But if I could have bought 500 shards today and added whatever color I wanted, problem solved. It only happens once a year, so what's the harm in letting us get a cover that's actually useful? 

And @bluewolf my apologies, didn't realize you'd already posted a similar suggestion. Great minds, and all that. 😉