Options
2»

Comments

• FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    Options
    madwren said:
    A paranoid person might feel that the continued devaluation of coalition events is a shot across the bow in an attempt to get all the old guard to leave. =p 
    That's an entertaining thought, but I'd wager it unlikely.  They hardly put enough time into the programming as-is.  I doubt they're invested enough to attempt to systematically usurp veteran players ;)

Making VIP pay-to-play the only path to becoming an elite player feels more likely the agenda at this point.  Not a fan of that at all. :/
  • TomB
    TomB Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    madwren said:
    A paranoid person might feel that the continued devaluation of coalition events is a shot across the bow in an attempt to get all the old guard to leave. =p 
    That's an entertaining thought, but I'd wager it unlikely.  They hardly put enough time into the programming as-is.  I doubt they're invested enough to attempt to systematically usurp veteran players ;)

Making VIP pay-to-play the only path to becoming an elite player feels more likely the agenda at this point.  Not a fan of that at all. :/
    I think you've hit it on the head FH. I don't think they want us to leave - they want us to pay! :/
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TomB said:
    madwren said:

I think you've hit it on the head FH. I don't think they want us to leave - they want us to pay! :/
    I agree with this.  I know a lot of old guard who got VIP for a month or two, got every card in the game, and then stopped paying.  I personally have not gotten VIP, but still have every non-MP card in Legacy and most of the pre-M20 ones in Standard.

Dropping the rewards seems to me to be their way of preventing newer players from ever getting enough resources to get close to that without being permanent VIP.  This game has long been the best example of freemium without being Pay-to-Win, but I think that's coming to an end now.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Didn't they promise at one point that there would be more pinks given out as rewards?
    Bil said:
    They did indeed ... It was supposed to be a way to make vanguards affordable.
    To preface my below comment, I will say that I still need to dive deeper into the exact reward details to calculate out the total rewards across all events before I can really be 100% certain.

Looking at the event calendar though, what I believe the team did was increase the amount of events being run over the course of a week, as opposed to increasing the rewards for each event. This way there would be more rewards given out overall.

For example, between 12/2/18 - 12/8/18 there were 7 separate, non-daily events being run that week. Compare this to 12/1/19 - 12/7/19 where there are 11 separate, non-daily events being run.
  • Rhasget
    Rhasget Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Didn't they promise at one point that there would be more pinks given out as rewards?
    Bil said:
    To preface my below comment, I will say that I still need to dive deeper into the exact reward details to calculate out the total rewards across all events before I can really be 100% certain.

Looking at the event calendar though, what I believe the team did was increase the amount of events being run over the course of a week, as opposed to increasing the rewards for each event. This way there would be more rewards given out overall.

For example, between 12/2/18 - 12/8/18 there were 7 separate, non-daily events being run that week. Compare this to 12/1/19 - 12/7/19 where there are 11 separate, non-daily events being run.
    I can see the point in spreading out rewards but communicate it if so!

As so many times, a simple notificiation saying what the intention with the changes are makes everything so much clearer. 
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Bil said:

I can see your point here, even if taking back 2 RT per week wasn't really a move in that direction in the first place. (Note that we are talking about jewels here, not crystals nor boosters).

However, for the player who did score well in coalition events ... Well ... He just lost A LOT of jewels in the process ... Much more than the jewels other people got from it.

At some point, i think most players prefer the perspective of 80 to 300 jewels and a proper incentive to score well in coalition events than the certainty of an aditionnal 5 jewels dropped somewhere in the middle of the week.

I can be wrong though.
  • Dropspot
    Dropspot Posts: 200 Tile Toppler
    Options
    @Brigby thanks for the input and I truly believe that you may be correct. We indeed have more events during the week giving good rewards and that's a good thing.

My point is that coalition events are the most demanding events where players go well above progression just play with their teams. If the rewards are terrible players won't be motivated to play and I can say for me, if I stop playing coalition o will stop with the game at all. I only play other events to keep playing coalition.

I suggest to go back at the drawing board and make adjustments to progression and individual rewards for coalition events. If you feel you need to reduce coalition rewards to in someway balance things, I believe it's better, good progression and individual rewards over good coalition rewards.

Anyway thanks for giving us your perspective.