Your latest fun team combination

Comments

• marvel075
    marvel075 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Question for the group: I'm loving 4* Black Panther and Shuri together. Other than 4* Juggy who else makes a good 3rd partner?
    Magik is a excellent partner, since she creates protect tiles AND fortifies them, helping BP with the damage boost from protect tiles, and helping shuri maintain her AP cost reduction/increase.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    Flaptain, Okoye, whoever this new 5* is going to be, 4* Lord (the AP Discount stacks), Peggy (the AP tax stacks and her expensive powers get cheaper), 5* Hawkeye, Emma Frost (I mean, she does, but why bother?), C4ge, Rescue, modok, but the true hero between those two is Main Event Hulk. Get Gamma Power Bomb down to affordable levels, then create a ton of critical s that ideally land on empty fortifications and blow up twice. You’ll think the math is bugged.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    IM40 and Wasp might be good. Wasp to flip those tiles to finish your opponents.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    You don’t even need to flip them. Just match them. 2* Bullseye is even pretty good. The real trick is jump starting either one of them. I find I tend to get P4nther’s blue off first usually.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I've been running 5torm/5* Bobby in this IM40 pvp. Once you get all that green/blue in the bank from Recharge, and you flood the board with icicles and icemans, it's pretty much game over. Iceman's blue tiles even out-pace circuit breaker most times, giving your recharge tiles a chance to do something.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    Apologies if this team has already been posted...

I’ve been having fun with God Emperor Doom, Prof X (Chuck), and 5 Iceman.

Good coverage, complimentary power sets, all characters you want to get rid of quickly. Iceman blue does the stunning obviously, nukes from Doom as well as healing, Damage reduction and match 4 slams with ProfX. 

The team is pretty much self sustaining. The different options on ProfX purple really come in handy in this particular combo as well. 

I’m not as good at describing what makes the team work together as well as some others, just give it a try if you have them all at usable levels.

Disclosure: My GED is 477, Iceman is 464, Prof is 454. I don’t know if this would be as effective if the level distribution is different. I’m also on heavy pain meds from a recent surgery, so please excuse my rambling.
  • heybub
    heybub Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    BRB, Bishop, 2* Bullseye - BRB & Bulls make protects, Bish makes blue, BRB hits hard for 6 blue and the countdown makes more protects, which Bish turns into more blue - it is a beautiful cycle.  And BRB and Bishop are like half covered... can't wait to see them maxed!
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    I concur the above combo of Prof-X and Iceman but I have not tried Doom. I use Kitty so you have three X-men that benefits from each other. I was lucky with the shard rain so I could champ both Iceman, Prof-X and Doom. Will try Doom too.
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    I have been having fun using Mysterio while he is boosted with Thor and Okoye, as mysterio uses all the leftover blue and purple that thor doesnt destroy to fuel himself, and helps feel okoye’s yellow. Plus, okoye boosts the trap tile matches on blue, of which youll be getting a lot
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Okoye- spidey99. I like that okoye will tank yellow and black so spider does his damage boosted by okoye but you don’t lose team-up tiles. They are pretty fast in pve if you don’t want to use thanos. 
  • jp1
    qandols said:
    I concur the above combo of Prof-X and Iceman but I have not tried Doom. I use Kitty so you have three X-men that benefits from each other. I was lucky with the shard rain so I could champ both Iceman, Prof-X and Doom. Will try Doom too.
    I haven’t tried with Kitty, I’ll have to give that a shot as well. Lots of retal wins with the previous mentioned combo...I think people expect them to be easier than they are. Maybe not “Meta” but close.

With Kitty I guess you want to get some special tiles out using ProfX purple early on? I’ve tried 5Storm in that third spot and she just doesn’t work as well as Doom.
  • jp1
    Not my team, but I haven’t been able to counter it effectively. 

Worthy Cap, 4* Carol, Grocket.

Carol and Grocket are Max champed. I get maybe two turns against this team.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    jp1 said:
    qandols said:
    I haven’t tried with Kitty, I’ll have to give that a shot as well. Lots of retal wins with the previous mentioned combo...I think people expect them to be easier than they are. Maybe not “Meta” but close.

With Kitty I guess you want to get some special tiles out using ProfX purple early on? I’ve tried 5Storm in that third spot and she just doesn’t work as well as Doom.

Yeah, with Kitty you want to use Prof's ability to make Attack tiles (use his purple and select black). Her actives are also helpful, depending on who you're up against. In PvE, I have Lockheed Supporting her, which helps significantly, since he adds one Protect tile per X-Man on the team at the start of the match. With a full team of X-Men, Kitty only needs two friendly Specials to buff them, so as long as at least one of them is an offensive tile, it gets scary pretty quickly. Team-Ups that add Strikes are also handy, since no one on that team* can do so natively.
    I might be misreading here. I'm thinking the pick-3 team of Chuck/5torm/Kitty. In pick-2, the Featured Character may well be able to add Strikes to help out.
  • jp1
    edited December 2019
    Thanks. Actually I’m talking about 5Iceman/Chuck/Kitty that was mentioned earlier by @qandols.

Storm isn’t a good third in my experience.

• TPF Alexis
    jp1 said:
    Thanks. Actually I’m talking about 5Iceman/Chuck/Kitty that was mentioned earlier by @qandols.

Storm isn’t a good third in my experience.

I'll have to try that one. I've found Storm to work pretty well in there, but she does have a lot of randomness, so I can totally see her not working as well for others.
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    jp1 said:

I usually succeed in beating this team using bishop, riri and ragnarok. Bishop has to eat a bit of damage to begin with, but if you can generate enough blue ap by the second or third turn, you can keep hitting cap with riri’s blue and ragnarok’s red until he goes down. 

It doesn’t matter how many countdown tiles he drops if you don’t give him a turn to let them go off.

Even if a few of them do go off, you’ve probably taken out the majority of the strikes anyway and can survive a few enemy matches and generate more blue ap to continue.

Its a little high risk, but I don’t think I’ve lost against those three with this team yet
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited December 2019
    Dazzler/4ocket can clear those strikes (and CDs) on opponent turn 1 if you can get Dazzler to tank, and stun whoever hit her. If she had a jump in front she’d be murder against gritty teams, but she is so under leveled for me it’s just a novelty counter.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2019
    Wonko33 said:
    Okoye- spidey99. I like that okoye will tank yellow and black so spider does his damage boosted by okoye but you don’t lose team-up tiles. They are pretty fast in pve if you don’t want to use thanos. 
    Was about to post this combo, glad I found this. Been running:

Okoye (5/5/3)
    Miguel (5/5/3)
    Peter P5rker (4/5/4 or 3/5/5)

Miguel’s blue adds an extra turn on the stun and goes from 30% to 75% additional damage at level 5, which I value more than the additional damage on his black at level 5. Okoye’s passive essentially makes damage difference a bit irrelevant for certain powers, which is why it’s trivial whether you run Parker’s red at 4 or 5. He doesn’t add any additional web tiles at that level, just about 2k more damage. You’re definitely using Miguel’s blue. Either way, collect some TU tiles, and folks just start dying once you make blue, yellow, and black matches. If anyone is still around after you’ve collected enough blue or green to fire, that will quickly change. Parker and Okoye tank for Miguel on all those colors, so he’s completely safe. Just be careful running this team against 1* Venom, he’ll hurt ya pretty bad with that black nuke if he catches you slipping with a bunch of web tiles out. 
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mind this is only PVE we are talking about. I use beefy supports on all three of them, Lockheed, Chewie and Royal Talon Fighter. There are plenty of specials created for Kitty to do her work on. You'll blaze through PVE like a wrecking ball.
  • TPF Alexis
    MrEd95 said:
    jp1 said:

I usually succeed in beating this team using bishop, riri and ragnarok. Bishop has to eat a bit of damage to begin with, but if you can generate enough blue ap by the second or third turn, you can keep hitting cap with riri’s blue and ragnarok’s red until he goes down. 

It doesn’t matter how many countdown tiles he drops if you don’t give him a turn to let them go off.

Even if a few of them do go off, you’ve probably taken out the majority of the strikes anyway and can survive a few enemy matches and generate more blue ap to continue.

Its a little high risk, but I don’t think I’ve lost against those three with this team yet

Ooh, I hadn't thought about using Bishop as the battery to start Ragfinity. Doesn't have the kind of restart potential that IM40 or Vulture have, but should be significantly more reliable for initially getting up to speed.