Guidance requested on whether I should pull from the Worthy Challengers store?

Hoping for a little guidance on whether I should pull from the Worthy Challengers store. I was excited to possibly acquire some covers for Gladiathor (currently at 2/3/3) and Hela (1/0/0) since Beta Ray Bill looks interesting, but I don’t know if I should wait for another Kitty store since I only have her at 2/0/2. To preface, I have been scared to make the jump to 5* land since I really only have Okoye (at 5/5/3) and OML (at 5/5/3) fully covered. Since I routinely see Gritty everywhere in PVP, I am worried that without having her at least fully covered, I will continue to be at a significant disadvantage, and my not be able to build up enough CP should another store with her pop up. I tried to pull for her in the last store she was in (with Strange and OML) and I got a whopping 1 cover (red of course). Any guidance/direction on what I should potentially do would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    How many CPs do you have now?
  • McThunderpants
    McThunderpants Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Only about 2200 cp right now.
  • McThunderpants
    Thanks for the input so far. Appreciate it.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,909 Chairperson of the Boards
    It depends on what your goals are:

If you are simply interested in reaching the final progression reward at 1200 in PvP then focusing on 5* Thor seems to be the quickest route considering your current roster and cover distribution. You should favorite 5*Thor and 4* Valkyrie (5* Thor feeder).

If you plan on running him with Okoye, it's probably more beneficial if you don't max champ Thor. If you can keep Okoye 12 levels above Thor, it should definitely help reduce use of health packs and make matches quicker, which means you won't even need to get 13 covers for him.  So if you champ Okoye at 450, you want to keep Thor at 438.  (FYI, twelve covers will get you to 435)

Ideally, you will want 5 in green for max effect.

With that said, it's a gamble to pull now at 2200 CP. You might get lucky and score a bunch of Thor covers or you might get none.

If you are looking to improve both your PvE and PvP experience, though, Kitty is probably the better option, generally speaking. In that case, just continue to hoard.

Just remember, this will not be the last time you see these characters and having a decent sized hoard gives you better options than spending willy-nilly.  Good luck with whatever you decide.
  • JackDeath666
    JackDeath666 Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    I would absolutely pull. You'll probably have Thor and Okoye which really is as good as it gets.
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    If you play PVE you will want to pull until you get a cover to roster Bill anyway. See how RNG treats you getting to that point and review your position then.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    I would say pull all if your goal is to get Thor.

With 2200 CP you'll get 88 pulls
    You have 8 covers now
    Based on pure odds if you pulled all 88 with perfect odds and even distribution you'd pull 4 cover for each of the 3 5*s, putting you at 12.
    If you favorite Thor first you will get 1320 shards for him, 2 covers giving you enough to champ and a safety one.
    It's not a guarantee but the odds are decent you'd get him and even if you were to only pull 1 or 2, you'd still end up very close and could finish him off with CP purchases or shards down the road without too much difficulty.
    Your odds are also good that you'd get ~4 covers for Beta which is a nice start on a new 5*.

Your alternative would be to either wait for him to be featured in another store, favorite him and finish him in shards (5 covers needed x 500 = 2500 shards need /15 = 167 pulls from any legend store to finish him off), buy him if/when deals come up, or some combination of the three.  You're not that far off from the 167 so this isn't a totally unreasonable option for you so take that into consideration.
  • McThunderpants
    Thanks to all for taking the time to provide the guidance so far. I greatly appreciate it. I am leaning towards pulling at this point. I was worried about making the wrong move and instead of moving ahead in the game, taking 10 steps back (which has happened in the past). I do regularly enjoy PVP (but usually only reach around 900 or so for each event) which is why I am looking to pull to improve my options.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Don’t blow your hoard. Even if you champ Thor and you’ll be running Thorkoye for the rest of your days. Plus as previously mentioned you want Okoye several levels higher. In the meantime, enjoy the variety of 4* land and wait for a Kitty vault to come back.

I would, however, draw enough to get your 1 cover of Beta Ray. 
  • broll
    OJSP said:
    broll said:
    If you favorite Thor first you will get 1320 shards for him, 2 covers giving you enough to champ and a safety one.
    Only 264 shards from 88 pulls.
    Yeah my bad I was doing the 4* rate. I thought that sounded wrong but had a brain fart
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    PULL.  Absolutely pull.  Shard/fav Thor and pull pull pull.

Let's just say you end up doing 100 total pulls after rewards and maybe grinding a couple more days.  You should get 15 covers.  Good shot at 4-6 Thors.  Really need 2 or 3 green.

Agree with those who said keep Thor 12 levels below Okoye.  That way you can match red.  Only color you can't match is green.  I've had a 435 5/4/3 Thor for quite some time now.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    Champ okoye + 5/x/x Thor (preferrably at least 12 levels below okoye) is basically as good as having a fully champed thorkoye team (arguably better for mmr purposes).

You will be stuck playing the same teams a whole lot.  But that is basically inevitable whenever you make the 5* transition (I entered 5* land in June 2017 and have basically had just 4 "A" teams the whole time since). 

If you want to enter the top tier of play asap, unhoarding on this store is a pretty good option.  But there are no guarantees given your current resources, so the safer bet is to wait for a better store. I would feel torn too.
  • McThunderpants
    Thanks again to all.
  • broll
    I'd be interested to hear what you decide and the results if you do pull.
  • McThunderpants
    edited December 2019
    Will do. If I pull, I’ll post the results to this thread. Thanks.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    So, what happened?
    Is the worthy challengers store live already?

I thought demi was soaking some HP out of everyone with the ridiculous 1/250 heroic tokens for a week first.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    It wont go live until Thursday, no?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll ask him if he doesn't update - he is in my alliance.
  • McThunderpants
    Apologies, as I have been caught up in deciding who to champ on my farm before 192 takes effect. I decided to pull when the store hits, and I will post here my results. Appreciate the good luck wishes. Thanks again.