***** Beta Ray Bill (Korbinite Cyborg) *****

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I understand that but I find it soothing to watch my team get healed every turn, even though it's a burst heal.  :p

The green power could go up to 5 random attacks. It seems like Thor could be a good partner: Random destruction and potential to match away protect tiles and gain aps.

Kitty and this character could be irritating. You will be dealing 1 damage per turn if you can't get those protect tiles out quickly enough, and your 20k damage AoE will turn into 1 damage AoE.

1 Friendly protect tile = 1 green and blue ap. 

For 4*, Wasp and Black Panther could be fun. Gamora + Bishop could be good together with this to stun Kitty or other threatening characters quickly while reducing damage taken.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2019
    tiomono said:
    wymtime said:
    Kirby Puckett is combining to MPQ!!

on a serious note I am not sure I agree with this character design for a 5* with Kitty being so strong.  Having multiple protect tiles on the board with Kitty buffing them will mean 1 attack damage per turn on turn 2.  Eventually it can block all power damage as well.  This just does not come across as a good idea.  
    Eddie brock to the rescue. All enemy protects equal 1.
    This was my first thought, however, you'll be giving them blue and green AP when they match the protect tiles Eddie gives them.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    @IceIX does friendly damage trigger that countdown? 3* Court Death, or Sentry Stuff, Agent Venom stuff? OML’s passive?
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    Could this introduce the first legit protect tile meta?!

Fun to play with. Irritating to play against.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    Borstock said:

Technically it can be achieved with Kitty/Rocket/Rescue. It’s just a bit too slow for PVP...since it takes more than two turns to accomplish.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited December 2019
    P4nther was maybe the first step in this direction, a character that does escalating damage for every protect tile on the board, though you could make a case for C4ge. I could see <New Character>/P4nther/Shuri being a play-up team since Shuri's biggest drawback is her initial red cost to start her discount. 
    I could also see Hobofist/Kitty/<New Character> being interesting - use that green to create black to have Fist flip all the defends to strikes on his nuke? Probably not faster than a functional Gladiathor flipping them. 
    3* Loki seems like he's way too squishy to function as a counter to this character at the lower tiers, but maybe?
    Depending on how many turns you can grow this CD to be, this may finally be that killer Bag-Man centerpiece I've been after for so long lol. 
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    I think the clue is referring to one of the Great Lakes Avengers!! 
    5* Squirrel Girl!!!
    Monkey Joe Support Confirmed! 

But seriously this is the counter to 4*Juggs.
    3+ free shields? yesh pleez! 

And it says destroyed!! Thanos,AV,Surfer, wiccan, S.Toof all nice

Sandman- has a better green- AoE comes with a stun but his yellow will fill up the board
    carnag5 is sweet since your salvaging any shield candy into fists. And if the ??blue is triggered off self-harm then that will get rolling 
    3Spidey wMEH seems fun

For mirrormirror:
    she-hulk to steal THEIR shields, then leave them mana drained.Red AoE with possible extra AP
    Also Prowler will be sweet in featured PvP

wow- sanctum sanctorum - that could be yuge to start the match!
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    Im hoping this is new meta.  Just to shake things up again.  

Its not like the other metas will be any less annoying to play against... But more options will be nice.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    MrEd95 said:
    Could it be Vision’s daughter Viv? She is a Twin, and a member of the champions alongside Nova, Riri, Cho and Kamala (and teen cyclops, but he isn’t in the game)

Surely the clue couldn’t be that simple?

This feels pretty legit actually.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Vivian_(Synthezoid)_(Earth-616)
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    PiMacleod said:
    Im hoping this is new meta.  Just to shake things up again.  

Its not like the other metas will be any less annoying to play against... But more options will be nice.
    Same here! Also, I’m excited for a meta consisting of two 5s instead of 5*/broken 4*. 

If it works the way I laid out, which is best case scenario, and honestly what a good 5* SHOULD be; it’s still very beatable.
    1) Simply match away the protects. Since they are just protects and not strikes, you don’t have to worry about people dying on turn 3 when kitty starts buffing. Literally any character can do this. 
    2) Use Daredevil to flip those meaty protects into awesome strikes. This is probably my favorite counter and especially cool that he doesn’t have to be tied to symbiote Spidey. So you can bring along any second (Iceman? Bishop?)
    3) Use your own Kitty to eventually eat through their protects and blow them up! You don’t need to bring Grocket in this scenario (I mentioned earlier how that will go down), but any other high damage 5 will do (Kitty/Professor maybe?)
    4) Use Thorkoye. Thor cascades drop the protects to the bottom of the screen. Okoye’s targeted row destruction takes them out. Same thing I use on gritty. 
    5) In a quick pinch sacrifice a near dead GED. Not my favorite as it isn’t healthpack friendly, but it’s an option. 

With ALL these counters out there I don’t see a reason he shouldn’t top out at 7 protects ala Rocket. The meta desperately needs a 5* shakeup. And this could be it. 
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    Pretty please Devs, make this character good, I really want to get ProfX and I don't want to get two trash chars with him :(

PS: I really wanted this char to be Sinister, but with this description I really doubt this is him....
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    jp1 said:
    Borstock said:

Technically it can be achieved with Kitty/Rocket/Rescue. It’s just a bit too slow for PVP...since it takes more than two turns to accomplish.
    That team isn't "meta". It's just a team that can create heavily boosted protect tiles slowly. This character could actually be a real player.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,908 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    @IceIX does friendly damage trigger that countdown? 3* Court Death, or Sentry Stuff, Agent Venom stuff? OML’s passive?
    Additionally, is simple match damage included as a trigger for protect tile production from the Blue CD power? So if the enemy were to get a cascade, protect tiles would be generated for each match?

Regarding the yellow passive AP generation ability, does special tile conversion count as protect tile destruction? For instance, if 5* DD uses Sonar strike to convert the protect tiles into his team's strike tiles, will that count as destruction and generate AP?

And finally, will the character still generate AP (Yellow Passive) if a protect tile is destroyed and/or generate protect tiles (Blue CD power) while stunned or airborne? (I imagine no for airborne but curious about being stunned)
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I'm expecting the answer to the self-harm thing to be "no," but an OML/W4sp/New Character team would be a lot of fun if it worked that way.
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2019
    Additionally, is simple match damage included as a trigger for protect tile production from the Blue CD power? So if the enemy were to get a cascade, protect tiles would be generated for each match?

Regarding the yellow passive AP generation ability, does special tile conversion count as protect tile destruction? For instance, if 5* DD uses Sonar strike to convert the protect tiles into his team's strike tiles, will that count as destruction and generate AP?

And finally, will the character still generate AP (Yellow Passive) if a protect tile is destroyed and/or generate protect tiles (Blue CD power) while stunned or airborne? (I imagine no for airborne but curious about being stunned)

"Creates 1 low strength Protect tile whenever they or an ally takes damage", almost always means 'damage from the enemy team', not self-team damage. But we'll see. 

"Whenever a friendly Protect tile is destroyed", almost always means 'matched away or actually Destroyed via a power or line break', but not from being 'converted' like from DD purple, or Hela red for example. 

When stunned or airborne does he earn his passive effect? Good question but I would have to assume no effect. Otherwise way too OP? 
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono said:
    wymtime said:
    Kirby Puckett is combining to MPQ!!

on a serious note I am not sure I agree with this character design for a 5* with Kitty being so strong.  Having multiple protect tiles on the board with Kitty buffing them will mean 1 attack damage per turn on turn 2.  Eventually it can block all power damage as well.  This just does not come across as a good idea.  
    Eddie brock to the rescue. All enemy protects equal 1.
    This was my first thought, however, you'll be giving them blue and green AP when they match the protect tiles Eddie gives them.
    It will probably be worth it to get be able to do match damage against kitty teams.  

I don’t know why they feel this will be a fun game play mechanic to play against.  They made Carnage struggle to get out quality friendly tiles but have this character give out enough to neutralize enemy match damage right away and is able to spam protect times. For kitty to keep buffing.  
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Simulator just going to be <New Character>/Kitty/4ocket you think?
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    Simulator just going to be <New Character>/Kitty/4ocket you think?
    I still don't know if it's better than Bishop.  At least I can bring BSSM and DD to counter that team. 
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2019
    I need to quit wasting time wondering who this will be, so I'll BRB on that.

Very interesting ability set. Definitely like how they will earn blue and green when either team destroys friendly protect tiles. 
    Not sure how to spec 'him' until we see the numbers on his green, but this probably needs to be set at 5, being his only certain damage dealing power. 
    I'm assuming the damage on his blue is low like Rescue's, since it seems to be designed more around spamming protect tiles.   

EDIT:  Wrong, yay!
    The later revealed damage and protect tile value from his blue is quite good. 
    Not sure Kitty needed another great / defensive deterrent / irritating partner.  I'd have loved a passive that steals 1 enemy strike tile per turn, or another stun-block passive (like SS or Ock). 

His green sounds cool, like Hela, P5rker, or Gwenpool's I guess, but he severely lacks a direct-target damage dealing ability. I realize his health, match damage, and protect tiles are designed to make up for this somewhat, but he seems a bit too defense oriented when we need more unique offensive abilities (like Prof X blue passive).

Still, I'll enjoy mixing in different team combo's that will take advantage of his abilities. 

In pick-2 PvP I don't think he will be too good of an offensive partner for Kitty, unless the essential character is an X-men or creates Strike tiles, which starts Kitty's buff of Bill's protects at just 3 on the board instead of requiring 4. No offensive threat, just a slow match to take on.
    Rescue as mentioned will be interesting though, with all those Protects she'll be continually providing health bursts from the start, and her red will easily qualify for the 3rd hit. Still not fast on offense unless his green is good.

Start asking for those 4* Wasp Team Ups right now.

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    That green is pretty much a Chekhov's Gun clone. 5* Gwenpool? XD