R192 Release Notes (12/2/19)

LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
edited December 2019 in MPQ General Discussion

Hi Everyone –

Here are the Release Notes for the R192 update!

R192!

“Gossip”

Kick off the holiday season with festive theming and content + special offers and more!

Squeal with delight with a FREE Spider-Ham Shards gift by logging into MPQ now through January 5, 2020!

The Hero Points Sale is also back!  Get a 30% bonus on all HP purchases for a limited time.

• A Level Up indicator is displayed when you have enough Shards to level up a Limited or New character.
  • Carnage (Prophet of Knull)’s power Red-Eyed Monsters no longer activates twice when destroying a Special tile with a match-4 or greater.
  • On the Steam version of the game, the hit animation will no longer display on the board instead of at the enemy in Battle.
  • Some characters, when on the enemy team, did not play their animations accurately and this has been addressed.
  • Championed 2-Stars, who are not at max champion level, will no longer appear to be trained in the roster unless you have covers to increase their champion level.
  • Elite Tokens now also have a "Quick Claim" option to open all available Elite Tokens at once.

Thank you!

IceIX Edit: Added a bullet point about the Elite Token Quick Claim addition

Comments

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Ratatoskr confirmed?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Who are we thinking for Gossip? I'd like to find some way to construe this character as being Mojo.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Gossip is language. CYPHER CONFIRMED!
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    it was posted over on the discord there would be more ways to earn Spider-Ham shards. Maybe we'll get the announcement here as well? 
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    Hmmmm, Blake Lively was in Gossip Girl... she's married to Ryan Reynolds... so 5* Deadpool (or Lady Deadpool, or Gwenpool...)... if Cypher is a 5*, he better be encased in Warlock armor...

• MackDan1
    MackDan1 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Gossip as in not "straight from the horse's mouth". Beta Ray Bill perhaps?
  • killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 577 Critical Contributor
    Banshee ?
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    LakeStone said:

• A Level Up indicator is displayed when you have enough Shards to level up a Limited or New character.
    What exactly is the point of this?
    They have already said that you cannot target Limited or New chars?
    I realize they gave us some shards of Ham today, but that was pointless, too.

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 577 Critical Contributor
    LakeStone said:

Clearly it is so they could offer us the Spiderham shards.  The code seemingly didn't allow it because offering shards for limited characters wasn't really thought of before.  Now that they want to give shards for limited characters, a tweak to the code was needed.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    LakeStone said:

Just because you can't target Limited or New characters doesn't mean you can't get the shards, as they demonstrated with the Spider-Ham shards
  • Magipink
    Magipink Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    edited December 2019
    Not politically correct but : Gossip group is leaded by Beth Ditto ==> Big Bertha from Great Lake Avengers??? (i hope you LIKE it better like that ^^ )
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Magipink said:
    Not politically correct but : Gossip group is leaded by Beth Ditto ==> Big Bertha from Great Like Avengers???
    Is this a new Facebook/Twitter Avengers group I haven't heard about? 8^)

• Magipink
    Magipink Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Rhipf said:
    Magipink said:
    Not politically correct but : Gossip group is leaded by Beth Ditto ==> Big Bertha from Great Like Avengers???
    Is this a new Facebook/Twitter Avengers group I haven't heard about? 8^)

lol
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    LakeStone said:
    • Carnage (Prophet of Knull)’s power Red-Eyed Monsters no longer activates twice when destroying a Special tile with a match-4 or greater.

This was essentially a side effect of the bug introduced with the new engine, where some tiles in the line were counted as both matched and destroyed, right?  Are you fixing just this one character, or the underlying bug that affects a good portion of the roster?

• jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    MackDan1 said:
    Gossip as in not "straight from the horse's mouth". Beta Ray Bill perhaps?
    hot dog, we have a wiener!
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hmmmm, Blake Lively was in Gossip Girl... she's married to Ryan Reynolds... so 5* Deadpool (or Lady Deadpool, or Gwenpool...)... if Cypher is a 5*, he better be encased in Warlock armor...

Over on the Character preview is the clue "Twin's Champion".

Ryan Reynolds HAS A TWIN BROTHER!!!!

OOOoo I want 5 Pool!

But not this one......
  • Chameleon
    Chameleon Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Gossip = BRB
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 496 Mover and Shaker
    Props for some good stuff in the update!

I would like to have seen that shards have been added to the prize pool, but I presume that y'all are first waiting to see how much HP people are converting into shards. I'm HP-poor, so I'm just wishing it would shard, shard down on me now.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    At first I was thinking 5Carlet Witch to coincide with Wandavision, but then i realized there is also that Bucky/Flaptain show coming out. This character's powerset do kind of feel like a 5* Flaptain, what with having so many Protect tiles out. That would be a thing to see.