***** Beta Ray Bill (Korbinite Cyborg) *****

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin
edited February 2020 in Character Details
"The last hope of the Korbinite People, Beta Ray Bill was genetically and cybernetically enhanced to be the perfect warrior. Wielding the mighty Stormbreaker, twin of Mjolnir, he stands watchful over Korbinite and Asgardian alike."

Note: As per usual, numbers may shift a little on final release.

5-Star Rarity (Epic)
Affiliations: Heroes

(Abilities listed at level 255, followed by 450)

16660 Health / 66964 Health
 186 |  27 |  163 |  23 |  209 | 25 |  104 |  4.3x
 744 |  106 |  651 |  90 |  837 | 98 |  414 |  4.3x

Skuttlebutt! - 12 
 AP
Beta Ray Bill's faithful warship Skuttlebutt unleashes a devastating bombardment that leaves his opponents reeling. Deals 1492 damage to 3 random enemies. (Max level 5999 damage)
  • Level 2: Deals 1631 damage. (Max level 6557 damage)
  • Level 3: Deals 1700 damage. (Max level 6836 damage)
  • Level 4: Deals 1700 damage to 4 random enemies. (Max level 4x6836 damage)
  • Level 5: Deals 2082 damage. (Max level 4x8371 damage)
Defender of Two People -  PASSIVE
(PASSIVE) Hero to both Korbinites and Asgardians, Beta Ray Bill defends his people to the bitter end. At the start of the battle, creates 3 strength 45 Protect tiles. Whenever a friendly Protect tile is destroyed, Beta Ray Bill generates 1 Blue and 1 Green AP. (Max level strength 181 tiles)
  • Level 2: Creates strength 48 Protect tiles. (Max level strength 195 tiles)
  • Level 3: Creates 4 Protect tiles. (Max level 4x195 tiles)
  • Level 4: Creates strength 55 Protect tiles. (Max level strength 4x223 tiles)
  • Level 5: Creates strength 73 Protect tiles. (Max level strength 4x292 tiles)
Clash of the Worthy - 6  AP
Raising Stormbreaker high, Bill challenges his opponents to prove themselves worthy. Deals 937 damage to the enemy, and places a Blue 2-turn Fortified Countdown tile on the board. While the tile is on the board, Beta Ray Bill creates 1 strength 45 Protect tile whenever he or one of his allies takes damage. (Max level 3767 damage and strength 181 tiles)
  • Level 2: Deals 1111 damage and creates strength 52 Protect tiles. (Max level 4465 damage and strength 209 tiles)
  • Level 3: Deals 1388 damage and places a 3-turn Countdown tile that creates strength 69 Protect tiles. (Max level 5581 damage and strength 278 tiles)
  • Level 4: Deals 2152 damage and creates strength 93 Protect tiles. (Max level 8650 damage and strength 376 tiles)
  • Level 5: Deals 3054 damage and places a 4-turn Countdown tile that creates strength 138 Protect tiles. (Max level 12278 damage and strength 557 tiles)

Release Schedule

Release Events:
Simulator - December 5, 2019 – December 9, 2019
  • Beta Ray Bill (Korbinite Cyborg) is in tokens rewarded by this store
Civil War - December 12, 2019 – December 15, 2019
  • Rewards Tokens to the Worthy Challengers Legendary cover store

Offers

Release Cover Store

Valiant Beta Ray Bill Hero Point Cover Store - December 5, 2019 – December 12, 2019
  • 1x pull:
    • 1 in 250 chance to get a cover of Beta Ray Bill (Korbinite Cyborg)
    • ~1 in 13 chance to get a 4-Star
    • 1 in 4 chance to get a 3-Star
    • Remainder chance to get a 2-Star
  • 10x & 40x pull:
    • 1 in 166 chance to get a cover of Beta Ray Bill (Korbinite Cyborg)
    • ~1 in 12 chance to get a 4-Star
    • 1 in 4 chance to get a 3-Star
    • Remainder chance to get a 2-Star
  • The Valiant Beta Ray Bill cover store will run for longer than usual stores to ensure that players have an opportunity to pull from the store if they wish to.

Special Limited Vault

Beta Ray Bill - December 12, 2019 – December 16, 2019
  • 40 Items
    • 1x Beta Ray Bill Legendary Store Token
    • 1x 4-Star Thor (Goddess of Thunder) cover
    • 3x Random 3-Star covers
    • 6x Heroic tokens
    • 4x 2500 Iso
    • 6x 1000 Iso
    • 5x 500 Iso
    • 14x Two stars

Special Legendary Store

Worthy Challengers - December 12, 2019 – December 16, 2019
  • 15% chance to get Beta Ray Bill (Korbinite Cyborg),Thor (Gladiator), or Hela (Goddess of Death)
  • Additional Tokens can be purchased for 25 Command Points

Comments

• crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    The wording is a little confusing, is this a fancy way of saying the green fires 3 random attacks, or is it an AOE?  Or may we have 4 v 4 feature incoming?   :)
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin
    The wording is a little confusing, is this a fancy way of saying the green fires 3 random attacks, or is it an AOE?  Or may we have 4 v 4 feature incoming?   :)
    Could be 3 people once each or could be one person 3 times, or one person twice and another once, etc.. 4v4 would be cool though. :)
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    5* Switch  B)
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    IceIX said:
    Could be 3 people once each or could be one person 3 times, or one person twice and another once, etc.. 4v4 would be cool though. :)
    Perfect, thanks!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    So this character is going to generate Protect tiles for opponent Bishop to eat and turn into blue AP at battle start on top of Bishop earning maximum blue AP after your first turn? 
    This seems desirable and fine.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Legion.

Disclaimer: It's probably not Legion but I can hope right?
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    IceIX said:

Create Protect Tiles / Generate AP - yellowtilepng PASSIVE
    (PASSIVE) At the start of the battle, creates 3 low strength Protect tiles. Whenever a friendly Protect tile is destroyed, generates 1 Blue and 1 Green AP. (Higher levels increase starting tiles and strength of tiles)
    @IceIX, by “increase starting tiles”, do you mean the number of them?

Is 3 protects the number at one cover or at three covers?

I know Grocket starts with 3 strikes for his once per game effect with one cover and ramps up to 7 at five covers.  If this character does the same, I think you effectively have created a new 5* meta (assuming this isn’t another Carnage situation where the 4* with a similar/same effect is better than the 5). 

• Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    @IceIX Why do you guys dislike the 5* tier so much? Why do the 4* players get all the best toys?
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    Eeeehhhhhh not sold on this one 
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Could it be Vision’s daughter Viv? She is a Twin, and a member of the champions alongside Nova, Riri, Cho and Kamala (and teen cyclops, but he isn’t in the game)

Surely the clue couldn’t be that simple?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    SWitch and Quicksilver still twinsies?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    IceIX said:

(PASSIVE) At the start of the battle, creates 3 low strength Protect tiles. Whenever a friendly Protect tile is destroyed, generates 1 Blue and 1 Green AP. (Higher levels increase starting tiles and strength of tiles)
    [...]If this character does the same, I think you effectively have created a new 5* meta (assuming this isn’t another Carnage situation where the 4* with a similar/same effect is better than the 5). 

Kitty/Gladiathor/New Character? Buff those protects until thor flips them?

or was this the Rescue based meta we’ve all been waiting for? Lol
  • TriSentinel
    TriSentinel Posts: 134 Tile Toppler
    James Madrox, The Multiple Man.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    The first 5* I thought of was Rescue. Then, I see that the burst heal is only 1566 at level 450.  :hushed:
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX said:

[...]If this character does the same, I think you effectively have created a new 5* meta (assuming this isn’t another Carnage situation where the 4* with a similar/same effect is better than the 5). 

Kitty/Gladiathor/New Character? Buff those protects until thor flips them?

or was this the Rescue based meta we’ve all been waiting for? Lol
    Here are my initial thoughts based on what we know...

I’m assuming green will collectively do big damage when you add up all the “hits” (already a pair with Okoye there). Probably cost a ton since it’s somewhat self-fueling (1 AP per protect tile matched isn’t a ton though compared to say a 4* Medusa or 3* Hawkeye, so hopefully not too expensive).  But will be “worth it” if you gather the AP (think Thor green)

Blue will probably do a small amount of damage (think Rescue blue) and place A CD that will spam the board with protects.... EACH time anyone on your team takes damage? Yikes. If the cost of this is low; it will help the meta potential as it puts more “stuff” on the board for an opponent Kitty to chew through. 

The yellow passive is where it is at though. This will make or break this character’s meta potential. If they begin the game with 5-7 Protects that are higher level than Grocket’s strikes (possible since it’s a once per game mechanic on a 5*)... Goodbye Gritty, hello Kitty/new character.

I imagine it going like this...
    Your protects should negate the opponents strikes to -1. While both team’s Kitties are overwriting each other’s tiles and buffing their own. Hopefully this person puts enough out to start that it is mostly equal. If you only get 3 protects max it won’t be enough and their Kitty will overwhelm you. So that’s where the meta potential lies. Gritty with no specials is in big trouble while your team is matching protects to fuel that green nuke. Should be able to take Gritty out with minimal damage. That’s a meta worthy of chasing. 

On defense, a team with 5-7 protects getting Kitty-buffed each turn, with a self-fueling nuke that could hit my hiding Thor is NOT something I would want to face. Instant-skip on defense.  Especially during a quick hop. 

In sim, you can pair this character WITH Gritty and get a bunch of specials on the board at once, all being buffed. That would be a slog to fight on defense, but super fast on offense while negating most the damage you would take.

I mean sure, they could easily Carbage this character, and the fears there are warranted given their recent history with OP 4s and luckluster 5s, but with so much unknown this COULD be the next meta. I’m not writing them off yet. 
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kirby Puckett is combining to MPQ!!

on a serious note I am not sure I agree with this character design for a 5* with Kitty being so strong.  Having multiple protect tiles on the board with Kitty buffing them will mean 1 attack damage per turn on turn 2.  Eventually it can block all power damage as well.  This just does not come across as a good idea.  
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    The first 5* I thought of was Rescue. Then, I see that the burst heal is only 1566 at level 450.  :hushed:
    It’s not about that heal, it’s about generating red with friendly SAP tiles so she can triple tap for 6 red AP and steal enemy SAPs on blue to create more red.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime said:
    Kirby Puckett is combining to MPQ!!

on a serious note I am not sure I agree with this character design for a 5* with Kitty being so strong.  Having multiple protect tiles on the board with Kitty buffing them will mean 1 attack damage per turn on turn 2.  Eventually it can block all power damage as well.  This just does not come across as a good idea.  
    Eddie brock to the rescue. All enemy protects equal 1.
  • leoperez90
    leoperez90 Posts: 66 Match Maker
    I have no idea who this could be. I keep thinking someone from contest if champions.....maybe?
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    This character plus Kitty and Carnage will be an auto skip for me.  Kitty buffing asp tiles non stop makes this a slog to beat.