Connive/Concoct in RT:Izzet League copy cast issue

Options
Not sure if this is an issue with all the flip cards but would play Concoct, get a copy back as Connive and flip it over to Concoct again, however when the copy cast it would cast as Connive and since there were no valid targets on the board it would drain the mana from the card and stay in my hand without casting.

I did get it to work eventually when it was full mana I would cycle it thru Connive/Concoct and that seems to have resolved it. (This was during the last round of the match so not sure its a work around as I only got to try it 1x). 

Comments

• 7thGuest
    7thGuest Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Played thru the node again and realized my original notes are incorrect, the card is copying as Concoct. I assume the issue is that the game is thinking the copy is the front spell and not the reverse spell. If I flip the copy to the side I want to cast after the copy gets into my hand then it works correctly. 

Although I am still a bit confused why it tries to cast Connive (no valid targets) and then drains the mana and leaves it in my hand.