TGT feedback

starfall
starfall Posts: 1,727 Chairperson of the Boards
Why is it 3 days? The reward ladder runs out well before that. Sunday becomes the long dark teatime of the soul, where I'm running just to stay in place on the leaderboard. Waking up with 2 charges in each node this morning and 'Ends in 1 day' on the clock was pretty soul destroying. I can just stop playing but it feels like a bit of a jerk move to my good friends in my coalition. Hey, has anyone considered having your nodes stop recharging after you've finished the reward ladder? That seems like a decent solution. Or, as a solution which needs a monofilament hair's less coding (always a sticking point!), the event could just be 1 or 2 days long?

The food node is interminable. Losing 2 life is a very insignificant effect to be having to sit through so many of those streamer effects. Maybe if I could turn them off it wouldn't be so bad. But I can't. On top of that, add the extra lag caused by token spam to the board (I went into game 1 packing a Vanguard as well, I'm not doing THAT again). I, personally, do not like it.

The '20 cards in Greg's gy' node presents a bit of a bottleneck in design... there isn't a wide variety of cards that does that. Ashiok and some chaff, by my reckoning? What cards is everyone else using? I'm basically just meeting a lot of Ashioks in Greg's decks.

Are y'all aware that you can play the same PW in all 5 nodes? I have no idea whether that's intentional or not. If it's intentional, are there plans to retrofit any other events to do that? I don't particularly like it but I imagine some people will.

[This post has not yet been ratified by the feedback committee]

Comments

• Horadrim
    Horadrim Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    starfall said:

Are y'all aware that you can play the same PW in all 5 nodes? I have no idea whether that's intentional or not. If it's intentional, are there plans to retrofit any other events to do that? I don't particularly like it but I imagine some people will.
    I was surprised they did this. After scoring perfect in the first charge, and noticing in the 2nd charge that I can still change PW, and because of mediocre rewards, I just decided to go Karn in all nodes and master masterpieces/mythics. If this continues in other tri-colored PVP events, Karn will be THE PW.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm assuming the "same walker in every node" thing is a bug, it has happened before in the past and was usually corrected after a couple event runs.

The "opponent's graveyard" objective is interesting, but almost impossible to do.  The only cards in standard that really do that are Ashiok or the Merfold Secretkeeper, neither one of which are cards that I would normally be running (and as we all know having just 1 copy of a card you need for an objective means you will literally never draw it until the last 4 cards of your deck).

I love the concept, but since they have made most mill cards do something else its really dumb to make a mill objective.

Also I generally don't like 5 node events because all the loading time makes it take forever to clear a round.
  • Horadrim
    edited December 2019
    Mburn7 said:

The "opponent's graveyard" objective is interesting, but almost impossible to do.  The only cards in standard that really do that are Ashiok or the Merfolk Secretkeeper
    Add Drown in the Loch and Awaken the Erstwhile... Or Killer Instinct/Altar of Dementia combo.
  • Raistlin
    Raistlin Posts: 54 Match Maker
    To feed my opponent's GY, I have been using Folio of Fancies with Walking Archive and/or Finale of Revelation. You can get up to 8 cards in their GY per turn. (Although it's usually difficult to get 8.) But with Walking Archive, you get 2 on their turn, and then 4 on your turn, as long as you have the slots to draw cards.
  • Horadrim
    Raistlin said:
    To feed my opponent's GY, I have been using Folio of Fancies with Walking Archive and/or Finale of Revelation. You can get up to 8 cards in their GY per turn. (Although it's usually difficult to get 8.) But with Walking Archive, you get 2 on their turn, and then 4 on your turn, as long as you have the slots to draw cards.
    Nice combo.
  • Quantius
    Quantius Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    The GY objective can also be met by using the indestructible support that's built in to the node by increasing shields on supports you have out. Each time they gain shield, 4 cards from each player's library get destroyed.

Although I agree with everything else in the OP. This is a long event where you're just grinding away to support the coalition (for wimpy rewards too).
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    I haven't had issues with the GY objective. Playing B2 and using his 2nd helps (or L1's 1st, I suppose). Infinite Obliteration and Rankle are my workhorses for tossing stuff into Greg's GY. Vantress Gargoyle is my backup plan. It makes for a good blocker while you try to hit the GY objective, plus the Mill upside has been relevant in one match. Other than that, just packing a couple kill spells to fill up the GY the old fashioned way. I haven't lost a match yet, and I only missed a couple objectives on other nodes so far.
    Regarding the event, as a whole... I'm not in a T25 coalition, so my main goal is just to stay in the T100 for individual rewards. Not particularly eager to play above that. Even then, it feels like a lot of work for a pack of 70 runes.
  • Horadrim
    jtwood said:
    I'm not in a T25 coalition, so my main goal is just to stay in the T100 for individual rewards. Not particularly eager to play above that. Even then, it feels like a lot of work for a pack of 70 runes.
    I miss my old coalition... but now being in 600's coalition (very casual sometimes competitive if I have time) and with the rewards changes to grindy standard events like Elder Spark and Great Tournament makes me wonder if I should retire. I completely agree with OP's first paragraph.
  • Quantius
    Quantius Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    No one knows when this thread was posted...
    ...all they know is that this is the last post until the next one is posted
  • Boogeyman
    Boogeyman Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    I dropped out of a top 25 clan and just did the 140 pts of rewards.  It is not worth my time to do 25+ more fights than meeting the progression rewards.  That's just work.  

I like the idea of the maximum points being the progression reward threshold.  Maybe the coalition score could be some average of how many games it took you to get the progression rewards divided the score or something. 
  • Dropspot
    Dropspot Posts: 200 Tile Toppler
    Terrible event.

No one needs a 5 node PvP in a slower standard, clearing charges takes ages.

Rewards are a joke.

Secondaries are ok, but a bit unbalanced the 20 gy cards on opponent is the one that takes more time to achieve. Could be less imo or make the evergreen support help doing it. 

Overall is a event I won't like to play it again.
  • Nalthazar
    Nalthazar Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    If it helps, I made a video for getting all objectives completed for that mill node. I'll post it here. I hope it helps you all. Good luck!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBCsUG1vIq4&t=2s
  • TomB
    TomB Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    I just used L1 and some discard spells to do the GY objective, and it's been fairly easy. For me it's been harder to do the Adventure objective because my Adventure cards so far have been teh suck. But that's life at the beginning of a fresh new Standard I guess... :/
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2019
    starfall said:
    Why is it 3 days? 

And while this one is neverending ... Another 4 nodes 2 days one is joining the party... Let's welcome Challenge of the Courts.

Players aiming perfect scores can definitely enjoy the 35 jewels they will earn for 4 days of extra grind.
  • jtwood
    jtwood said:
    Regarding the event, as a whole... I'm not in a T25 coalition, so my main goal is just to stay in the T100 for individual rewards. Not particularly eager to play above that. Even then, it feels like a lot of work for a pack of 70 runes.
    Annnnnnd I gave up on this goal, too. That's a looooot of work for a pack of dupes.
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    It's a lot of matches.  Maybe too much.  5 node events can get rather grindy fast.  I liked the gimmicks.
  • jtwood
    Yeah, the matches themselves were fun. But when I looked at the rewards for other events that had started later, I wondered why I was chasing so little. 
  • NickBKK
    NickBKK Posts: 89 Match Maker
    - Tedious
    - Many freezes
    - Event ending with 10 charges to clear on Monday morning (for America).
    - Offensively stingy rewards 

I don’t understand why after all these years and thousands of customers feedback, Dev still can’t get these simple design things right.