When are you most likely to want to see how many cards are in your opponent's graveyard?

2»

Comments

• TomB
    TomB Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Whenever I want to see it
    Honestly, I think it's perfectly reasonable to point out that, while the new graveyard animation is helpful, it would be far more helpful if the graveyard information was always available to be viewed as needed. Just this weekend, in a match in TGT I found myself unaware of exactly how many cards were in Greg's GY. I guess I just wasn't paying attention closely enough, and spaced out and forgot to notice what the count was. Maybe I got distracted by my wife, or one of the kids, needing me for something. Or maybe I just set the game aside for a moment, so I could yell at the TV during the hockey game (a frequent occurrence, I'm afraid).
    As it turned out, it mattered because GY count was a secondary objective in that node, and the inability to view the count on demand cost me. So yes, I agree along with many others that it would be very helpful if we could view our opponent's GY, maybe even up to being able to see what cards are there. IIRC, there's even a couple of cards that allow me access to be able to cast cards that are in my opponent's GY.
    I'd like to be able to know what I'm going fishing for, if that's possible... :)
  • CheeksMagunda
    CheeksMagunda Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    TomB said:

As it turned out, it mattered because GY count was a secondary objective in that node, and the inability to view the count on demand cost me. 

Sorry, but that information is readily available on the pause screen, which means you probably didn't catch the objective going into the match either, and it's more than likely just user error. Happens to the best of us.

Overall it's a nice change that only partially addresses an issue that's always been there - if you want to see your opponent's graveyard for whatever reason, it should be there. But given the amount of new (and even previously addressed) bugs that have surfaced throughout this weekend's contest, I feel like it's silly to make this a primary focus.
  • TomB
    TomB Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    You're right Cheeks, I noticed that the next time I loaded it up that I could just check it on the tracking for the objective. But that still doesn't address the knowing what's in Greg's GY for the purposes of copying spells and whatnot, and honestly, I think Starfall wasn't wrong for giving feedback on the changes.
    You're right though, about the bugs, but new bugs are introduced with almost every new event, and that's kind of a separate thing, isn't it? And I don't think anyone thinks this should be a "primary focus" but that doesn't mean it can't still get worked on, does it?
  • CheeksMagunda
    Nonono, I'm with you - I love diving into my opponent's graveyard too, both on paper and here. It'd be super useful to be able to do but in the meantime there are just plain better options to utilize in decks.
    As far as the focus thing...yeah, bugs are gonna happen. But we're experiencing repeats of old bugs that were already taken care of, on top of new ones too. I honestly feel safe saying that they handed us a half-finished product that wasn't tested nearly enough. So sure, in the grand scheme of things, it'll be worth talking about...just not right now. 
  • CheeksMagunda
    So...you're complaining just for the sake of complaining, is what you're saying. And not only that, but pretending it's somehow a worthwhile endeavor.
    What little interest I had here is now gone, thanks. 
  • thesmallesthuman
    thesmallesthuman Posts: 99 Match Maker
    starfall said:
    ...I'm actually addressing a wider problem in this thread, which is the inclusion in the game of features nobody asked for. The graveyard counter is just one such feature...
    No, we definitely asked for this one. I know I personally mentioned it in the forums at least once, and I’ve had multiple discussions with teammates in discord about needing a feature like this. It’s pretty vital if you’re playing with someone like Kaya, but there’s plenty of other instances where we would like to see our opponent’s GY count. 

Would it be ideal to be able to see it on demand? Yes. Would I prefer to see a count of spells/supports/creatures specifically? Yes. Would it be best if we could sift through and see what’s in there? Of course. But this is a big step in the right direction and I’m grateful they listened. 

I do really appreciate the running count popup for my own GY, so that if I’m looping a bunch of whatever I can keep track of at least around how much damage my Beacon Bolt will deal on the fly. It’s not a perfect system as it won’t tell you how many of those cards are spells, but again, it’s a start in the right direction.