CoT: Agent Venom vs Power Man

Ow.

All I can say is, cheat.  Cheat uproariously.  Chewie support really shines here.

Deny red if you can.  If he gets that off and you don't have special tiles out, it ends.

You don't dare fire your nice cheap easy black power, because the more powers you use the tougher Cage gets.  Then all that feeds into his tiles getting fortified, and then him dealing more damage with his fortified tiles.  So you're stuck taking damage all the time from your own Alien Weakness.  It would be nice to be able to stock up on yellow so you could use it defensively if he got enough red to fire his big attack off, but it's cost is so close to the Weakness limit that it's extremely difficult to keep a safe margin.

Cheat.  Use Chewie if you've got it.

Token got me a Ronin.

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, deny red hardcore. Took me two tries even with AV north of lvl290. Cage's red will still pretty much one-shot him, since Flash can't generate any Specials on his own. (I forgot about the possibility of using Supports to help with that.)
    Save up as best you can and hit him with multiple powers in one go. That way he shouldn't get a chance to use his yellow, but best to try for a Turn with lots of black on the board if you can manage it, just in case it doesn't actually drop him. One red and two blacks is probably the best you can hope for. AV's yellow is pretty much worthless here, since it doesn't make himself invisible, just his teammates.
    I don't even want to think about how hard this one must be with a poorly-covered AV.
    Token was a Jubilee champ level.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Second try for my level 209 3/5/5 Agent Venom. The first was sort of comical, as I had everything set up for a nice one-two-three knockout punch, and then, to my surprise, he fiddled my faddle while I was paying more attention to my own AP than his! It was a one-shot-drop for my poor Agent Venom.

On the second try I slapped on my 3-star lvl 120 Taskmaster on Luke, and prioritized red above all else. I managed to get my one-two-three punch going before he could accumulate more than 10 red, so it all worked out.
    Sadly, my reward was an 8th saved cover for Invisible Woman. Urrrf.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Second time for me also as he nailed me with red (and yellow!) first go. Then I got an unbelievable amount of black and just spammed that then finished him off with my rifle which somehow didn't bounce off Luke's unbreakable hide. The bullets must be made of the same substance as Kingpin's finger.
  • froggerjohn
    froggerjohn Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker
    2/2/1 Venom, certainly wouldn't have been possible with support help. Taskmaster's Sword in this case, and I didn't cast any powers until I knew I could down him.

Token was a Bag Lady.