Game hanging after battles

welbot
welbot Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
For the past few weeks, after battles in single player (daily deadpool and other single player events) after finishing a battle, and clicking the NEXT button on the screen where the enemy levels up, I get left on a blank screen like the one attached, instead of being shown the covers/rewards I get. This seems to happen randomly, but often it will happen EVERY single battle for like 10 battles in a row, then it might not happen for a few, then it will happen again. 
The only way to recover is to ALT+F4 to quit the game, and then re-open. 
I'm playing on Windows 10 through steam, and apparently I'm not the only one it's happening to, as I saw someone else in the steam discussions mention it as well. This is REALLY starting to annoy me to the point where I just want to quit... but I've logged like 3,700 hours on it, so as you can imagine, I REALLY don't want to give it up... Please help!!!

Comments

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    I get that sometimes too, pressing escape usually brings up the next screen.
  • welbot
    Hasn't been working for me. If I press escape, it makes the sound as if the left screen is showing up, but nothing actually shows up.. It just stays on that screen. If I wait on that screen long enough, it will often bring up the screen showing the connection has been lost, which stays up for a while, and then it will bring me back to this screen. The only way I've found to get around it is to quit and re-start the game.
  • mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    It's been happening to me as well, though not with the frequency you're experiencing.  I can generally expect it once a day, but no more.  Not worth quitting the game over, but certainly very frustrating.
  • welbot
    If it only happened once a day, I wouldn't mind anywhere near as much. I certainly don't want to quit, but days like today where it happens 10 battles in a row make it extremely frustrating. Hope they manage to sort it soon.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    I get that too and sometimes I get check internet connection on steam. It could have something to do with using a VPN, since it usually works again if I toggle the VPN off and on again. Weird.
  • Thalfen
    Thalfen Posts: 66 Match Maker
    If the VPN trick is what it takes, toggling it off and on, it is more likely that the issue is the game losing track of your connection and simply stopping and restarting your connection is the fast workaround needed. Try simply toggling your WiFi or network  connection off, wait a couple seconds and toggle it back on. With or without a VPN it should have the same effect. Hope this has a helpful effect while the devs try to figure out what is wrong. 
  • welbot
    I don't use a VPN when I play games, so it's definitely not VPN related for me. This is the only game or program I've been having any issues with.Still happening too. At least 7 times today.
  • bowla33
    bowla33 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    I also get this on both wifi and cellular.