Shards or Bonus Heroes?

kk3thess
kk3thess Posts: 202 Tile Toppler

Shards or Bonus Heroes? 137 votes

Shards
11%
T_REZ5000rdvargas1tiomonoMoosePrimeStarCrossed11JHawkIncbrollRoland113A_Wise_ManProjectus2501HoundofShadowPyram7ScofieMegaBeeXairUgh 16 votes
Bonus Heroes
27%
afsplatSolidQsinnerjflxKOBALTxslaxer723chris0001TiggidaneodukenorthnorthTwomp_thaDJTony_FootDaredevil217ultimate_rizzokillahKlownChameleonKGBAlfje17DyingLegendshinnarutoTenebrae 37 votes
Why not both?
61%
chamber44PolaresKolenceWonko33zonatahuntkillercoolPunter1Realstuff_NameChangeabmorazrawfsuMrBowersUNC_SamuraiVhailorxTrilateralusPongiejackstar0jreddGlockomarainkingucdLLohm 84 votes
Neither
0%

Comments

• kk3thess
    kk3thess Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Bonus Heroes
    I like the idea of the shards, and as someone who plays the game quite much, it benefits me a lot. However, I think the BH, while unpredictable, was more "fair" since any player, casual or not, could be lucky enough to get one. I understand why they couldn't coexist from a dev POV, but I really wish they would've. 

Shards are really good, though. So this more of a nitpick than a complaint.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bonus Heroes
    Shards are more to keep track of, more screens to click through, and have slowed my progress appreciably. This was not a difficult poll to answer.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bonus Heroes
    Shards slowed everything down. Not a fan. Seems like a half baked idea similar to supports

• dingo
    dingo Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    edited November 2019
    Why not both?
    Why not both?

My point of view, and i'm assuming a lot of the player base as well, were expecting this to be the dilution solution. It is not. Far from it. It takes entirely too long to get enough shards for a 4* or 5*. If we had both it would help. Or at least increase the shard earned amount, or add them to vaults, or add them to daily rewards, or make them not character specific. Just a "few" ideas I've seen across these boards. 

We've been waiting for an easier way to get covers, but I guess it always falls down to the mighty dollar.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bonus Heroes
    Sorry, just not feeling shards even as a "both" option. The game already feels like a chore and shards only adds to that grind feeling. Hell I bought Talos shards tonight in the store just so I could get him ready to go to 209. Blehhh. The game is thiiiiiiis close to being really good though. I want a return to latest 12 with the option to add four 4* characters and one 5* that you want. That lets each player choose who they want to work on and everyone else gets vaulted. And I want a tweak to Bonus Heroes so that they drop more often. Maybe with every cover that you get that isn't a BH your chances of drawing one increases by a percentage. And one more thing, turn the Shard Store into a Trade Store so you could trade saved covers or hp for costumes, supports and covers. Yeah, there you go, a way to continue to monetize the game but people can still get cool stuff that they want too.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    shardwick said:
    Sorry, just not feeling shards even as a "both" option. The game already feels like a chore and shards only adds to that grind feeling. Hell I bought Talos shards tonight in the store just so I could get him ready to go to 209. Blehhh. The game is thiiiiiiis close to being really good though. I want a return to latest 12 with the option to add four 4* characters and one 5* that you want. That lets each player choose who they want to work on and everyone else gets vaulted. And I want a tweak to Bonus Heroes so that they drop more often. Maybe with every cover that you get that isn't a BH your chances of drawing one increases by a percentage. And one more thing, turn the Shard Store into a Trade Store so you could trade saved covers or hp for costumes, supports and covers. Yeah, there you go, a way to continue to monetize the game but people can still get cool stuff that they want too.
    And this coming from shardwick ...
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2019
    Bonus Heroes
    BH back please.
    People asked for a cure for dilution not even slower growth (3 and 4 star tier). Let's introduce this zippy new UI and then slow you right down every time you open a token.
    But the cure for all this is to pay extra for it to get me back to the point I was already at. Yeah no thanks.
    Can't we just fix one complete mess before we move onto the next?
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,528 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bonus Heroes
    Was really looking forward to shards, so hoarded tokens. After blowing that hoard I now have 200 shards for 4* Torch, with BH I would already have gotten that last cover I needed.

I do like the colorless cover, but it takes way too long to get the needed shards.
    And with BH you could swap anytime and still have a chance to get the cover, now you have to start all over again.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    I picked both, but would rather have a combination of the two.
    I think if shards could be generic like HP and ISO and applied to a character of your choice, once you have enough for that level, that would go a long way to resolve a lot of frustrations. It would solve the issue of earning 375 for a 4*, pulling or earning the cover you needed, and making the shard accumulation a waste of time and resources.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Shards
    I miss that "WOO ENDORPHINS" feeling when a bonus hero happened to fall my way, but slow and steady is better IMO.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bonus Heroes
    I don’t care for shards or the additional juggling they require. I’d prefer BH all day long, even if they were willing to give both I’d prefer they simply increased the drop rate on BH instead.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2019
    Shards
    Shards, though it would be nice if they increased the amounts you get since it is less than BH.  My assumption in is that in the devs minds that's the trade off of losing the RNG of the color being the wrong color, but there are other negatives that apply also.

Also I don't fully think it's fair to judge on what I am 100% positive is an incomplete system.  I fully suspect that in the next update or two we'll see major changes to event rewards that include adding in both shards and Mighty Covers.  There may even be more pieces, ever major system the introduce is usually released in pieces over 3-5 updates, I'd prefer to wait and see before everyone gets pitchforks ready (speaking as someone who brought out the pitchforks too early on the featured characters system that was ultimately an improvement and I miss to this day).
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Why not both?
    if not a bonus hero- a bonus shard - a little bonus 15-25 shards once in a while when you open a token would bring back some excitement
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why not both?
    broll said:

Also I don't fully think it's fair to judge on what I am 100% positive is an incomplete system.  I fully suspect that in the next update or two we'll see major changes to event rewards that include adding in both shards and Mighty Covers.  There may even be more pieces, ever major system the introduce is usually released in pieces over 3-5 updates, I'd prefer to wait and see before everyone gets pitchforks ready (speaking as someone who brought out the pitchforks too early on the featured characters system that was ultimately an improvement and I miss to this day).
    On the one hand, yes.

On the other, it's a mobile game and the feature has been live for a week.  It's not unfair to ask people what they think of something based on what we have experienced (and what any player who isn't actively seeking more information would know).

Overall I agree that we need to keep a wait-and-see attitude, but the (consistent with past rollouts) lack of timelines or better information is a bit frustrating.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    I have mixed feelings. I like the shards and especially the colorless cover for 5*. This will make champing classics an albeit long, but sure outcome process. 
    For 3* and 4* I would like to have kept the old BH system. Especially with 3*, the chance to get a cover or pull a cover way before you get to 300 shards has made me change my tactics from setting a BH right before a special milestone (LT, 4* cover, CP) to selecting a target that is a couple of levels away from said milestones.
  • Palookaville
    Palookaville Posts: 83 Match Maker
    Why not both?
    I miss bonus heroes. It was a little bit of extra fun clicking on your card and hoping to see the double arrows in the corner of the screen.

• Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 496 Mover and Shaker
    Why not both?
    I see no reason why we can't get a sparkly Bonus Shards! with smashing sound effect.
  • broll
    Shards
    bluewolf said:

On the other, it's a mobile game and the feature has been live for a week.  It's not unfair to ask people what they think of something based on what we have experienced (and what any player who isn't actively seeking more information would know).

Overall I agree that we need to keep a wait-and-see attitude, but the (consistent with past rollouts) lack of timelines or better information is a bit frustrating.
    I agree.  It's IMO one of their issues with they way they do their releases.  I was just sharing my experience to people who may not be as aware that this it like part 1 of ? before it's fully rolled out.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2019
    Bonus Heroes
    broll said:

Also I don't fully think it's fair to judge on what I am 100% positive is an incomplete system.  I fully suspect that in the next update or two we'll see major changes to event rewards that include adding in both shards and Mighty Covers.
    Normally I'd agree but as I found out too many times with this game and team don't hold your breath waiting. I'm still waiting for something to happen with supports and support circuits.
    So all that matters is now and right now I'm down on covers with this dilution cure. So is the answer to hoard everything in the hope this gets better or changed? I might have been able to agree and say lets wait and see but the next shield training isn't going to be reduced covers as a favour because the feature isn't fully rolled out. I will go from 10 covers on a new 4* to about 5. That's how down I am with this dilution solution.
    But hey here's £48 for a 5* cover. Direct buy like that should lead us nicely into 6*.
  • broll
    Shards
    Tony_Foot said:
    broll said:

Also I don't fully think it's fair to judge on what I am 100% positive is an incomplete system.  I fully suspect that in the next update or two we'll see major changes to event rewards that include adding in both shards and Mighty Covers.
    Normally I'd agree but as I found out too many times with this game and team don't hold your breath waiting. I'm still waiting for something to happen with supports and support circuits.
    So all that matters is now and right now I'm down on covers with this dilution cure. So is the answer to hoard everything in the hope this gets better or changed? I might have been able to agree and say lets wait and see but the next shield training isn't going to be reduced covers as a favour because the feature isn't fully rolled out. I will go from 10 covers on a new 4* to about 5. That's how down I am with this dilution solution.
    But hey here's £48 for a 5* cover. Direct buy like that should lead us nicely into 6*.
    OK, so what's the other option other than wait and see?  Rant here which people are doing but isn't likely to change the issue any sooner than if people decided to wait and see.  I'm not saying they don't read feedback, it's apparent that they do, but they rarely do knee jerk changes/undos.  All this is for them is feedback on a system they know isn't complete and they'll evaluate where it stands after it's fully rolled out and see if opinions have changed.  So you can continue to put your feedback here, I just don't see the point until it's all rolled out, but maybe I'm just too lazy to complain that much lol.