Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Comments

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kahmon said:
    My worst moment was getting the new update and now having to use the tinykitty new UI.
    Oh yeah...changing covers for the 1-stars to get XP for the next SHIELD rank is incredibly annoying.  Having to scroll down on the character sheets is poor as well.

This is on Steam...your mileage may vary on a tablet.  Oh, and the bug with the Steam chat window is still not fixed either.
  • hilsen2
    hilsen2 Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    A few months ago:

I want some green and red Hela to finish her up before she leaves LLs...

Open hoard.

4 Black Hela and 15 **** Rescues.

Yesterday:

I want some Blue and Green Icemen to finish him up before he leaves LLs...

Open hoard.

3 Yellow Icemen and 11 **** Carbages.

I think I am finally ready for End Game as I dont think I can take this abuse anymore.

What is supposed to be the most rewarding part of the game ends up being by far the most upsetting.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sometimes I kind of wish the game would just tell you "RNG is going to crush your soul this match, you lose, your heroes are dead, here's the main menu" without having to put you through the torture of watching it. I just played back to back PvP's where I wiped. First one was against a 5* Prof X who had at least one match-4 on every single turn of the match. They never even had to fire an active power to down my whole team, and this was without specials on the board.

Second one was against a JJ where the AI had only one move to make on the entire board on their first turn... just one match... and OF COURSE her trap tile spawns right there. Hits my Bishop, which hits their Bishop, who hits back and downs mine on turn 1.

If you're going to do me like that, just say "you're not winning" and end it. It'd be so much better for my sanity.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    Need one ProfX blue to finish him off. Last four 5s have been 3 Carbages and an (already champed) Iceman.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2019
    jp1 said:
    Need one ProfX blue to finish him off. Last four 5s have been 3 Carbages and an (already champed) Iceman.
    At least you're on your way now to that PX cover if you have him targeted.

As long as he's still in Latest, you'd might want to not make him TH though.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dogface said:
    jp1 said:
    At least you're on your way now to that PX cover if you have him targeted.

As long as he's still in Latest, you'd might want to not make him TH though.
    Yeah, I thought about targeting him, but I have two saved covers already so a cover in any color would let me finish him. 

Unfortunately the only “targetable” toon I have in 5 land is OML. The rest would take forever under this system.
  • Dogface
    I'm 'lucky' in having Okoye at 5/5/0, so it's a risk free TH for me.
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Today what everybody is complainig about regarding shards happend. Had 4Torch as targeted hero as I needed one more cover for Shield trainung. When he was aleady above 200 shard I drew one Torch cover from a heroic. So I officially wasted the shards because I don't want more Torches from this feature now. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Came up against my first Worthy Cap/Hawkeye team, got them down to all dead but Hawkeye and he had 535 health and of course the AI gets a lucky cascade and wipes me out. So unfair!!!!
  • Borstock
    edited November 2019
    Back-to-back turn-1 wipes in PvP due to absolutely insane cascades.  They weren't even Gritty teams and my champed Okoye was in front and full health both times.  What the heck am I supposed to do with that?
  • Borstock
    OJSP said:
    Borstock said:
    Back-to-back turn-1 wipes in PvP due to absolutely insane cascades.  They weren't even Gritty teams and my champed Okoye was in front and full health both times.  What the heck am I supposed to do with that?
    Did you get hit? I just lost 2 retals because someone was hitting me (it was actually a defensive win). I firmly believe that when the game is waiting to notify us of an impending change in scores, we'll get hit by bad boards and nasty cascades, irrespective of whether we are losing or gaining points.
    Luckily, I didn't. I lost those two matches so quickly, I don't think anyone had time to hit me.
  • Borstock
    OJSP said:
    Borstock said:
    OJSP said:
    Luckily, I didn't. I lost those two matches so quickly, I don't think anyone had time to hit me.
    Were you shield hopping? No bounces on the shield?
    Yes, I did shield hop and two bounces.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    So there I was, happilly battling my way in the 5E on SCL8 (not even 9) against an Infini-Cap/JJ/Dr. Strange combo. My Prof X isn't great but he should have been fine and things were going well. Mordo had downed Strange with perfect timing as his blue AP bar had just filled, phew and JJ had been beaten also, just Cap left. No problem. Then the AI gets the most catstrophic cascade and all of a sudden Cap has flashing yellow and red bars. Before I know it, Strange is back from the dead and Mordo is stunned. I expect Cap to waste his red on killing Prof X who is nearly dead but oh no he match damages him to death which leaves him with another yellow flashing AP bar. Having only 1 character I can't do anything and lo and behold Jessica Jones is back to throw me through a window! Then the three of them pounded on Mordo until all that was left was his stick. :(
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Forgot to do the final clears on Cosmic Chaos and missed out on 30CP :-(
  • Dogface
    How did you do the first days? Usually if I'm doing full clears in the first days, I'm hitting max prog well before doing 4 clears on the last day.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Having to use 5* Carbage... at all.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    I concur. The 5e node with Medusa, Gamora and R&G is scary. And all he does is create enemy tiles and make bad moves. I have only one black cover for him
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Dogface said:
    How did you do the first days? Usually if I'm doing full clears in the first days, I'm hitting max prog well before doing 4 clears on the last day.
    I just did four clears on each of the previous days, and two on the 5E node. I work shifts, so I was tired :-( Ah well, there's always the next event.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    I, like I assume pretty much everyone who has progressed this far, operate my 2-star farm in such a way where max champs are not sold until the dupe is ready to be champed. However with being strapped for roster slots as I'm sure quite a lot of us are as well, I can't start building that dupe until I sell off another max champ that has a dupe ready to go. For whatever reason I saw the first few covers to build my dupe OBW on my vine this morning, and decided that she was ready to champ somehow. I sold my max champ, and now the only OBW I have to my name is 0/2/1. 

"Worst moment" feels like a bit of a stretch in terms of the impact this will actually have on my play, but this will very likely be my dumbest moment today when all 24 hours are accounted for. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I, like I assume pretty much everyone who has progressed this far, operate my 2-star farm in such a way where max champs are not sold until the dupe is ready to be champed. However with being strapped for roster slots as I'm sure quite a lot of us are as well, I can't start building that dupe until I sell off another max champ that has a dupe ready to go. For whatever reason I saw the first few covers to build my dupe OBW on my vine this morning, and decided that she was ready to champ somehow. I sold my max champ, and now the only OBW I have to my name is 0/2/1. 

"Worst moment" feels like a bit of a stretch in terms of the impact this will actually have on my play, but this will very likely be my dumbest moment today when all 24 hours are accounted for. 
    I only do that with my 3*. I can make it through 2E nodes on 2 4* Characters, even with a single-cover Featured, and pretty much any three of them that are champed can handle DDQ.
    I found out the hard way that running with a single-cover Featured 3* can sometimes get quite a lot tougher, tho, so they don't get sold until the dupe is ready to re-champ, at bare minimum.