**** M.O.D.O.K. (A.I.M. Overlord) ****

Options
124»

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Isn’t it amazing that M.O.D.O.K. Has stronger friendly attack tiles than 5* carnage?  Don’t mind me sitting in the corner bitter and broken 
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    He works amazingly well with Shuri! Firing his black power two times often results in enough red AP for you to fire Shuri's red. With Shuri's blue passive activated, all of his power becomes 3AP power. I don't think his blue CD ever fail to go off and it's also fortified so more fortified tiles for Shuri to work with. Add Okoye into the team, and his power will deal big damage even when he's at 1/1/1 in his PvP. 

I can't wait to get him. Really really nice red battery!
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

He really does have great synergy with Shuri, yeah.  For a few matches, I saved up about 12 black and enough red to for Shuri to fire her power at least once.  First I'd fire Shuri's red as many times as I could, then start firing MODOK's black until I had enough red for Shuri to put down more fortified tiles, and continue.  With any luck, I'd collect a few more black AP from line clears to keep things going longer.

All the while, the cascades cause massive damage due to the passive portion of Shuri's red.  The bug that treats all tiles destroyed by a line clear as matched is a massive buff for Shuri.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2019
    Options
    This is not mine but I saw it being mentioned by another player, yc_delmir, so I thought I share his/her idea here.
    MODOK, 3* Iron Fist and 3* Hawkeye. Based on reviews, this team can go on infinite mode. 
    It looks like it does work because you gain 2 purple and blue ap for each special tile match. The only problem is that it is slow due to MODOK being new and not being champed.
    Talking about Shuri, she works well with a few other characters too. I think she is underrated. She is one of my favourite 4* characters.
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Yes I also discovered how fun those two are together. Like jamesh I just saved up just 9 black before firing Shuri's red. Agreed, try to be sure to play her red again each time before more Modok black. 
    Saved a SS of having 38 fortified tiles lol.
    Medusa would be a good 3rd. Automatic matches of the enemy attack tiles earns purple, blue and green for the team.
    4* Torch would add a strike and potential fortification (for his repeaters etc) each time you play one of these powers.
    Also, Magik's passive protect tile spamming could be great. Try to get her purple repeater played early for additional red every other turn and wow.
    But certainly Okoye's passive damage will be nuts on all of the fortified matches. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,614 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Gosh I love MODOK! He is just a joy to play! He isn't meta or anything but I think his power set is such fun, even playing the up and down game with his blue!  A laser!!!