New UI - Suggestions? Comments? Post here.

Chameleon
Chameleon Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
edited November 2019 in MPQ General Discussion
IceIX said:<br>Just wanted to chime in (since there are a few comments to the contrary) that the feedback about various bits of the UI updates are most *definitely* appreciated.
In an effort to streamline the comments and suggestions for the devs, please post suggestions to improve the new UI here.

This is where I got the quote:
https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/80340/r191-release-notes-11-14-19/p6

Comments

• TriggerTime
    TriggerTime Posts: 72 Match Maker
    A suggestion for opening all tokens, quoted from another discussion:
    JHawkInc said:
    IceIX said:
    @IceIX if it is deemed that this open 50 standard token is a success, will D3/Demi look into doing this with Heroics, Mighty, Elite and LT’s? they could all be different levels as well but would be awesome if this does come true.  
    Quite possible. The single token pages would be pretty easy, but it's more of a challenge on any 3 button pages.

It shouldn't be a challenge on any page, you even already have the mechanic in the game. For example, when you open a Heroic 10-pack. You only need the one icon to press, and once the first cover shows, the player can tap the 'fast forward' triangle on the bottom right to open the rest of the tokens.

The simplest solutions are often the best.
    It's not a mechanic issue, it's a layout issue. The Standard token page has a single button, and a second button appears for opening multiple tokens. On the Heroic page, there are already three buttons (1x, 10x, and 40x). There's not a place to put an "open all" button.

You seem to have misunderstood me. As I said, you only need the one icon to press. You don't need the 'open all' button. Perhaps this illustration (mocked up example screens) will more clearly show what I mean:

So in total, you'd be clicking twice to open all your tokens - which is a heck of a lot quicker than 50.

• TriggerTime
    The shard acquisition screen could be combined with the opened token cover screen:

..and, yes - we do want 5* shards for 2* tokens! :)
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    The shard acquisition screen could be combined with the opened token cover screen:

..and, yes - we do want 5* shards for 2* tokens! :)
    I really like the look of that, and it would make so much sense! I do hope they combine the two
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    tiomono said:
    @Chameleon I'm not sure we need a post telling us to post in the official stickied post about the new UK. All this does is add more clutter and confusion to the forums. We have forum mods to streamline and combine threads if its necessary.
    Brexit isn't over yet! Lol
  • Chameleon
    tiomono said:
    @Chameleon I'm not sure we need a post telling us to post in the official stickied post about the new UK. All this does is add more clutter and confusion to the forums. We have forum mods to streamline and combine threads if its necessary.
    What‽‽  🤣
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono said:
    Brexit isn't over yet! Lol
    Lol. didnt catch that auto correct.

(It even tried to auto correct my lol in this post to uk. Maybe my phone is becoming obsessed with the uk?)
  • TriggerTime
    tiomono said:
    @Chameleon I'm not sure we need a post telling us to post in the official stickied post about the new ui. All this does is add more clutter and confusion to the forums. We have forum mods to streamline and combine threads if its necessary.

Personally I think it's a good idea because I initially only posted on the release notes discussion, because I was replying to @IceIX. However, how would anyone else involved in the game development know to look there? This way, at least the discussion title will help them find comments more efficiently that they might be interested in. 

It would be good if the forum mods were more proactive in this regard, but until then, I think this is a step in the right direction. 
  • Chameleon
    R191 brings with it many changes.  It's not uncommon to break down the feedback for each component into different threads.  This helps those who are in charge of separate pieces get clear feedback without having to weed through multiple posts about things which they aren't involved in.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2019
    Chameleon said:
    R191 brings with it many changes.  It's not uncommon to break down the feedback for each component into different threads.  This helps those who are in charge of separate pieces get clear feedback without having to weed through multiple posts about things which they aren't involved in.
    My apologies. Its early here and my brain percieved this topic as simply a link telling players to post in the official stickied topic. I removed a couple posts to get rid of confusion.
  • TriggerTime
    Another suggestion:

You shouldn't need to click (and subsequently dismiss) the 'Stats and More' page. It could just be scrolled down to the extra info.

• TriggerTime
    Another one:

Currently we have to press the 'level up' button, then press again to choose shards or covers. There's enough space to have two dedicated buttons, saving us unnecessary clicks.

• Ed_Dragonrider
    edited November 2019
    When we add champ levels and gain the rewards, I dont quite understand why we get the "blank card" flashing forward and having to look to the side trying to peek around the contours of the character to see how much the value of it is. I can see a "blank" iso card but how much did I get? 250 or 1500? Same for hp and cp. Why cant it be like when you get the reward at the end of the node or pull from a vault. Those always clearly say exactly what you pulled on the card itself.

This btw is worse when you have more than one cover for the same character:
    Some of the scl bundle packs have been re-offered to me (the ones I hadn't bought yet), and I bought the scl5 which had 9 covers for cag3 and 3fist each. Once I started applying the covers I could not see what I was getting. I had to go into the champ rewards to have a look at what the 9 rewards were, how much cp I got,  because I could not see on the side.
    When applying 1 cover automatically the character is in the background and the text is in front of them (like the above picture of Okoye), but when applying multiple covers the characters comes to the forefront and the text goes behind, so there is absolutely no way to see the value, no matter how much you know to look to the side...

If the card that flashes up contained the value, this would not be a problem.

Edit to say: this is on android phone, dont know if other platforms or devices face the same problem.

Edit #2: My other issue I had posted earlier in the other thread, but I'll link it here, to help keep everything in 1 place:

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/901815#Comment_901815
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,239 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is minor compared to a lot of other issues, but you can't view the character art anymore in an unobscured fashion unless they have a costume.  Then you can preview the different looks.  

Otherwise there's no way to access a character shot by itself.  At least, I haven't found it.....

It would be low on the priority list, for sure, but I enjoy the art and kind of miss being able to see it full screen in game.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    This is minor compared to a lot of other issues, but you can't view the character art anymore in an unobscured fashion unless they have a costume.  Then you can preview the different looks.  

Otherwise there's no way to access a character shot by itself.  At least, I haven't found it.....

It would be low on the priority list, for sure, but I enjoy the art and kind of miss being able to see it full screen in game.
    Tangential to this and equally minor, you also can’t get an unobstructed view of the cover anymore—you only see the one with the character name bar.  In the old setup, the last scroll on the character screen had the release year and artist on a bar which would fade to the unobstructed cover.

The artwork (both in-game and official Marvel) is definitely one thing that brings me to the game, so hopefully both this and @bluewolf ‘s points can be addressed eventually.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax said:
    bluewolf said:

Tangential to this and equally minor, you also can’t get an unobstructed view of the cover anymore—you only see the one with the character name bar.  In the old setup, the last scroll on the character screen had the release year and artist on a bar which would fade to the unobstructed cover.

The artwork (both in-game and official Marvel) is definitely one thing that brings me to the game, so hopefully both this and @bluewolf ‘s points can be addressed eventually.
    Tap/click on the artwork to the left of the character's name and it will show a bigger picture of the artwork.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    Until seconds ago, I didn't even know there was a shards store up already. I thought this would be rolled out later. Turns out it's been available in the 'purchase' screen all the time already?!

In my opinion, the daily shards offers should live in the 'Recruit heroes' screens, as it's not a purchase for cash thing. That's probably why I missed the feature so far, because I expected it there.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Make shards available not only via HP  but via ISO too. Give a solution to all those players who have millions unusable iso, stocked.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    shardwick said:
    With the new update you can no longer look at the rewards for a character if they are max champed.
    If I recall correctly, we never used to be able to view the rewards either when someone is already max champed.
    They fixed that with an update. 
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    shardwick said:
    ZootSax said:
    bluewolf said:

Tap/click on the artwork to the left of the character's name and it will show a bigger picture of the artwork.
    Thanks for that.  I'm always grateful that there are many people on the boards much better at this game than I am...I just hadn't realized that also included the UI. :)