**** M.O.D.O.K. (A.I.M. Overlord) ****

Comments

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    The mad genius who came up with the animation for MODOK's blue deserves a huge raise.
  • Cactus_Jack_87
    Cactus_Jack_87 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    MegaBee said:
    The mad genius who came up with the animation for MODOK's blue deserves a huge raise.
    I was coming here just to say the exact same thing. M.O.D.O.K. officially has the best animations in the game!! Well done.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    tchipley said:
    They made M.O.D.O.K. !!!!! Super happy. Kids they do read the surveys!

Hot diggety. My boy M.O.D.O.K. !

Modey Mode Modes M.O.D.O.K.

Now I'm crossing my fingers for AIM goons, yellow suits and all.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    It’s a face only a mother can love... maybe not even her
    Imagine that birth...
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I knew M.O.D.O.K. through MCOC. When I first saw him, I was thinking that this guy looks similar to Krang from Ninja Turtle. I like using his heavy attack in MCOC and it's easy to spam. I'm surprised to see that his power is equally easy to spam in MPQ.

It's definitely 5/3/5 for me as well.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I found him a lot of fun in the loaner node, and his animations are great. I even managed to get all the way through the various versions of his red to the laser.
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Same here exactly.  If you wait a turn or two to play his black, like when there's a bit more red on the board, it adds up very fast.
    Also, try your best to get his Blue played prior to his black and red spamming, and the CD counter will be reduced dramatically.
  • darkwatcherDEZ
    darkwatcherDEZ Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    If you look beyond the current meta, we actually enjoyed MODOK in the loaner. The "tug of war" to get his blue countdown was fun. The animations were also fun. We strategically held off till we could launch MODOK and Hammond's cheap abilities, which gave us a quick countdown. Hammond was a good pairing.  Ole Kraven was likely meant to counteract the created enemy attack tiles. It was enough to get us thinking of other potential pairings like 4 Shuri with any of the Hawkeye clan. Or perhaps 4* Magic (her incessant passive Blue armor would negate the created enemy attack tiles) with her Pink to generate Red with 4* Blade. 

3* to 4 Transitioners can couple up with Kamala and even give Vision purpose (go light density and occasionally scrub with Light Disruption).

We had forgotten the fun of creative pairings... 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just finished shield training.

My only comment is that his head is HUGE and I mean HUGE. He seems twice the size of all the other characters on the battle screen and virtually hides them like a giant Sponge Bob. LOL

KGB
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    He is incredibly fun but I found that Torch ended up doing all the heavy lifting in terms of actually winning the fight. I guess when you have a head the size of M.O.D.O.K but only tiny arms, heavy lifting isn't your thing.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    I still don't like the kit, but I'll say this... the art is a homerun. He looks awesome.
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2019
    In Shield Training, I targeted Th4nos first so that once he is out, my special tiles will remain on the board more easily. 
    Drax black was important to deny, and since we should be prioritizing black (and blue & red) it wasn't too difficult.
    Definitely like the synergy Modok had with 4orch. Cheap powers kept Torch's repeaters fortified and earned lots of Strike tiles for free.
    And oh yeah, Kraven was there too.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    This character is so goofy looking.
  • DAZ0273
    Anon said:
    Well y'know now that Disney own Marvel we could get a crossover and have a REALLY Goofy looking character!
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Anon said:
    Well y'know now that Disney own Marvel we could get a crossover and have a REALLY Goofy looking character!
    I guess it's time for the Disney Junior/Marvel cross over that...maybe...someone(?)...has been asking for.  Super Goof!!!
    https://disney.fandom.com/wiki/Super_Goof

• Kojubat
    Kojubat Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    I wouldn't mind The Beak making an appearance.

It's even on topic, they fought M.O.D.O.K.!

(And the Red Skull. Still trying to figure out how he made it in to a kid's show, but not a puzzle game.)
  • DAZ0273
    Y'know the more I look at MPQ M.O.D.O.K I can't help feeling he looks like Nigel Farage...
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 406 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2019
    Ps I do love the after burner on the toilet animation. Had a few nights like that myself!
    Which animation/power are you talking about here? I like to repeat the nodes to see animations on all powers but maybe I just didn’t see it?

edit: yeah... so after playing it again, I definitely see it now. The first time I definitely just thought of a rocket launch or something, not a toilet. Lol
  • DAZ0273
    Ps I do love the after burner on the toilet animation. Had a few nights like that myself!
    Which animation/power are you talking about here? I like to repeat the nods to see animations on all powers but maybe I just didn’t see it?
    The one where fire comes out of his uhm recharge point?